Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Video and Picture Links

Video and Picture Links WORKING HTTP or FTP links only, no torrents or other P2P links.

Old 12-31-2003, 10:32 AM   #31
jon_s
Regular User

and the last thing I will say IS, you are all talking bollaxs cos I fight like a true Brit......(kindly shown in the vid).....and I would whoooop all your arses lol

(p.s, this was a joke before you have a go! BTW, I know nothing of martial arts. However, I do have a lot of respect for them, not your joe blogs who pretends to know a lot, but the read deal, people who effectively give thier life over to the arts. Also, in my experience, people who do know their shit i.e know an art form well, will walk away from a situation in which they have an option to fight. No one and I mean no one, can do anything about a random attacker, who runs behind you and stabbs you then pisses off.)
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 02:20 AM   #32
blah
Regular User

Welll, I fight like an Irishmen, Ill smash my guiness on the ground and stab your ass! :shock: But seriously guys, that martial arts shit wont do nothing. If youve ever seen the mike valley video, this guy just goest crazy and beats the shit out of 4 people, martial arts wont do shit vs guys like him.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:23 AM   #33
zevolv
Regular User

You spell Guiness without an s before the n buddy you call yourself an Irishman that spelling should be subconscious to you.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:49 AM   #34
blah
Regular User

God im now forced to live my life drinking Killians.
Old 01-14-2004, 04:07 AM   #35
TeflonTron
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
Welll, I fight like an Irishmen, Ill smash my guiness on the ground and stab your ass! :shock: But seriously guys, that martial arts shit wont do nothing. If youve ever seen the mike valley video, this guy just goest crazy and beats the shit out of 4 people, martial arts wont do shit vs guys like him.

Yeah, Mike Vallely is a bad dude, but you (and others here) seem to have a misconception about martial arts. Most of the martial arts that I've studied concentrate on quick knockdowns, dislocations and pressure points. Now, I'm not saying that I'd kick (actually, I don't kick) Mike's Vallely's ass, but I'll tell you one thing: I wouldn't get in that position in the first place, and if I did, I would do everything in my power to avoid coming to blows. Why? Is it because I'm scared? Of course I'd be scared, but I'm painfully aware of potential and consequence: the potential that I've studied how to put someone down quickly, and the consequence of doing that. Life is precious, my friend, and fighting, unless protecting those that can't protect themselves, is a terrible thing.
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 07:55 AM   #36
phattboy
Regular User

theres a lot of BS talk going on, any Martial Artist would tell you that a few things that there be taught may not be useful on the streets, but a lot of it is. btw geekdiggy, there are many styles of tae kwon do, from the traditional to the street effective, so none of this crap about being useless, i bet it'll be a laugh watching you throw a few hay bails.

And remember Martial Arts is an "ART"
phattboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:07 AM   #37
astonmartinandy
Regular User

Haha that clip is well funny, i love the whole paper in the back pocket and the windmilling, although wasn't the clip originally a parody on the british teaching the riot police for the 2002 World Cup?
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 04:14 PM   #38
Zonda11
Regular User

LOL --- The Cussing is great!

Zonda11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 08:31 PM   #39
dylan99
Regular User

It's funny, is it a commercial?
Old 01-18-2004, 01:15 PM   #40
TeflonTron
Regular User

Hehe. I just noticed that Paul Kaye's trouser are about two inches too short!
TeflonTron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 12:31 PM   #41
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

The best sport you can effectively use on the streets Is Thai-boxing and Kick-boxing. Full-contact(illegal form that is)

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 01:32 PM   #42
espen
Regular User

I used to do Shotokan-do karate before I joined the navy (conscription here in Norway) and used to think I could handle myself. And on occations I did. But wow, try on a professional soldier for size... :shock:

They're trained for combat and to inflict damage by any means available. And let me tell you, thats a totally different ballgame to point based full contact karate. I used to spar with a friend who was a "Naval Hunter" (similar to special forces).

Or maybe we should say get beatten up by, he'd fight five or ten guys taking turns each round. He participated in several full contact championships in the late 90s. - I perticularly remembed he placed very well in one event in Ireland in 94 or 95; won a bunch of money too. He had a pretty basic mentality - he used to tell us "you just go ahead and wave those legs around till you get tired - me I go for the knees". And if you ever went down for some reason, he'd just jump in there and maul you. That was sparring, imagine him in a fight ops:

Take a look at my fave fighter, the Swedish badass Martin Holm. He's quick, throws a good punch and a mean knee, and he's got serious killer instinct. Yet, despite loads of classical boxing and traditional martial arts training, he fights like a kickboxer.

I'm not saying karate og jiu-jitsu arent good - but there are more brutal styles out there. And respect them cause they may not have fancy names and cool dojos, but they sure work
espen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2004, 01:41 PM   #43
SPEEDKILLAR
Regular User

Originally Posted by espen
I used to do Shotokan-do karate before I joined the navy (conscription here in Norway) and used to think I could handle myself. And on occations I did. But wow, try on a professional soldier for size... :shock:

They're trained for combat and to inflict damage by any means available. And let me tell you, thats a totally different ballgame to point based full contact karate. I used to spar with a friend who was a "Naval Hunter" (similar to special forces).

Or maybe we should say get beatten up by, he'd fight five or ten guys taking turns each round. He participated in several full contact championships in the late 90s. - I perticularly remembed he placed very well in one event in Ireland in 94 or 95; won a bunch of money too. He had a pretty basic mentality - he used to tell us "you just go ahead and wave those legs around till you get tired - me I go for the knees". And if you ever went down for some reason, he'd just jump in there and maul you. That was sparring, imagine him in a fight ops:

Take a look at my fave fighter, the Swedish badass Martin Holm. He's quick, throws a good punch and a mean knee, and he's got serious killer instinct. Yet, despite loads of classical boxing and traditional martial arts training, he fights like a kickboxer.

I'm not saying karate og jiu-jitsu arent good - but there are more brutal styles out there. And respect them cause they may not have fancy names and cool dojos, but they sure work
Nice story man, that was what I wanted to point at, remebers me of my
trainer, he's now fifty, but the man can still kick and beat the crap out of ppl. He used to work as an inspector in narcotics. But now he's planning to
re-open again. MUAY THAI RULEZZZZZ

Tariq Ali - Clash of Fundamentalisms

Blaire is a figleaf

Cars are my hobby, driving them is my passion.

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
damn speedkillar, if you didnt have a title already it would now say 'robofucker' or similar
SPEEDKILLAR is offline   Reply With Quote