Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-03-2005, 12:19 PM   #1
corvette97
Regular User

Default Trip to europe... help needed

well im planing a trip to europe for the next year, gona be out for month-10 days all over europe... gona use the train and plane of course

easyjets is my choice to fly on the upper part of europe and the rail on the lower part of europe..

still looking to buy some eurail passes i found this. never used the train system in europe so have some questions...

http://www.euraildirect.com/tickets/...s.asp?AFF=EUR#

the eurail pass says that i can travel within 17 countries within 15,21,month or 2 month period, but for example traveling from paris to london is a travel day?

sorry im confused let me know what you guys know
thanxs!
Old 12-03-2005, 12:32 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

I am not sure exactly what you are asking. Definitely you will just need some hours to travel from Paris to London, but I think 15 days mean two weeks, meaning that for two weeks the pass will be available, then it will expire. So even if you won't travel at all, after two weeks it will be useless.. that said, I admit the It allows unlimited Consecutive-day train travel" part sounds confusing.
You might drop them an email just to be sure
Old 12-03-2005, 01:35 PM   #3
corvette97
Regular User

it says that in a 2 month period you have 15 travel days, within 17 countries.

i just dont understand what is a "travel day", im reading the FAQ i thinks a 24 hour period is astravel days, so if you could go like paris-amsterdam-berlin-munich for example thats a travel day. not sure though :bah:

are you guys familiar with easy jet?

thanxs TT for the imput and moving it to the correct section
Old 12-03-2005, 01:41 PM   #4
TT
Regular User

AH ok, I see. IMO it is consider a traval day a day when you use the train, even for a "short" distance, but again, too lazy to read everything on that website.

As for easyjet, well, I didn't use it many times, but enough to tell you it is, like the name suggest, easy

But be sure to book in advance if you want to really pay the low prices they often quote. If you will book like 5, 7 days in advance it won't be as cheap as you might expect
Old 12-03-2005, 01:44 PM   #5
leo_26782
Regular User

I quite fimiliar with easyjet, but what information do you want? It cheap, it gets you (usually without to many delays) from A to B, but they have flight between some city only. It's good if you want to keep going to London/Geneva between different places, otherwise you will also need another way to travel. If you have more details questions, feel free, but it is hard to help you if we don't know where you want to go
leo_26782 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 02:31 AM   #6
corvette97
Regular User

11. What constitutes a rail day?
A rail day is considered any travel between 12 midnight to 12 midnight of the following day (i.e. a 24 hour period). However, a good tip to know is the 7:00pm rule. If you board a direct, overnight train after 7pm, only the following day of travel is counted. On your flexi or Selectpass, you would write the day of arrival on the pass prior to boarding the overnight train.

found, thanxs for the help!

i'll search some more here leo probably will ask you later