Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 11-30-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
dangerously_cool
Regular User

Default How to get over a girl?

I need help here. I went out with a girl for two and a half years. We broke up 2 months ago and I've been miserable. I've been drinking nearly every week at least once, and I want not to feel for her anymore. I deleted everything I have from her, got rid of every picture and will burn every letter she's ever given me.

She keeps talking to me and I keep trying to get her to leave me alone. Why is it that this fucking bitch won't leave me alone? I keep trying to get over it and then she comes back. She turned into a slut and still talks to me, why? How do you guys get over a bad breakup? Help...
Old 11-30-2005, 07:02 PM   #2
ZfrkS62
Regular User

stop answering the phone when she calls, block her from email and AIM. once you cut off ll means of communication it should get a little easier. But don't rush it. 2 months still really isn't much time. Oh, and quit drinking. It only makes you think of shit you don't want to think about. Once accomplishing all that, go fuck another chick

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:09 PM   #3
Stikz
Regular User

/\/\/\ agreed, but i'm really not that great an authority on getting over girls, its just tough, takes time and just when you think they're out of your mind they show up again, fill you with hope, lead you on and then crush you...AAAAAAHHHH!!!! bitches....but maybe thats just me.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:17 PM   #4
blinkmeat
Regular User

what happened? Post some sexy photos of her ... that'll help too. Oh and on the drinking thing - yes it can bum you out - unless you use it to hook up with more chicks 8)
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:38 PM   #5
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

bitches do that sometimes.. cause even when your not together she wants you to go after her and lover her and all that BS.. 2 options.. one is to put her on what i call - :fist: ignore.. she's air to you man.. you dont even see her.. or.. the nicer way.. but that's up to her.. if she's "talkable" just fucking tell her you want nothing to do with her anymore.. and no you dont want to "just be friends"... well that's what i do.. maybe someone know of other ways.. it's really eatch case for it self.. if you know what i mean.. i dont think there is a universal way... and come on man.. drinking? when it's for fun with friends.. partys i'm all for it.. but for sad shit.. that's the worse thing you can do.. it hard shit man.. no doubt.. be strong 0X

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 07:57 PM   #6
bmagni
Regular User

girls are like buses, u miss one, oyu just take the next one...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 08:12 PM   #7
exhausted mules
Regular User

^ lol

well said.

BUT. i find the best way to get over a girl is to just get on with life.
exhausted mules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 08:20 PM   #8
dangerously_cool
Regular User

Originally Posted by blinkmeat
what happened? Post some sexy photos of her ... that'll help too. Oh and on the drinking thing - yes it can bum you out - unless you use it to hook up with more chicks 8)
What happened is a damned long story, but right now I'm pissed off enough. My Thanksgiving was going just great, I had a party with my friends, just replaced a bad gasket in the SRT and got it running, and she calls. Stupidly I met up with her and all she does is fill my ear with how great things are going for her. She gets the satisfaction of knowing that I'm fucked up, turning into a failure and a drunk.

For me, they're going a little badly--to the tune of failing 2/3 of my classes here. I left and finished the car and drove it, that felt better. I still have feelings for her, and today found out from another friend of mine from high school--she goes to Irvine too--that 'things going great' means hooking up with everything with a pulse.

I just want to be left alone, and deleted her from aim like you guys suggested.

And drinking usually helps me lighten up with girls. I've got one in line, I should hope. Within the next two weeks there are two parties I'm going to with her.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:50 PM   #9
nthfinity
Regular User

dont dwell on it... and go to a chicago pub, as everso suggested... and if you cant, then most other bars with some horney girls will do ---- reminded of a girl i met at the Temple club
Old 11-30-2005, 10:10 PM   #10
blinkmeat
Regular User

Seems like you've got a handle on things so just forget her - be kosher but don't bend over backwards by any means... and don't ever meet her again. Actually if you're really pissed about it - you can keep being 30% asshole and get away with it... works for me 8)

On a side; My ex wanted to meet with me over the summer but I backed out for reasons having to do with just that... you'd love to sleep with them again - pussy is pussy especially when it's hot, but they're not worth it at all in the end.

No pussy ever is - well... some is But only when its fresh, i mean new
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:16 AM   #11
callen
Regular User

yah dude it is tough and i can vouch how tough it can be. I broke up with my ex of a year, when i came out here to Halifax. It was tough and at the start we were going to be friends and all, talk on the phone a lil, msn all that jazz. I find out she is pissed at me for leaving and already has some other dude in line. The only problem is this girl is as shallow as a grave that dont even cover the body. Filthy rich and wants everyone to know about it, when i did decide I had had enuf she was telling me the break up was my fault and all that jazz. I call her shallow, and she says u dont know shit. I ask "why then were things going downhill for you" reply: because I drive you everywhere (I was home at my parents for 1.5 months , and downtown london before then so no need for a car when i can walk to work in 10 min) and u stayed at my house rent free (wait a minute i bought everything the house needed, paid bills, and O wait, u said that was a good idea so i could save for school , AND ur father pays the fucking bills anyways so what the FUCK do u care) Anyways sorry bout the rant dangerous, my point is similar to what these good boys above me have been saying. The first girl i got with after about 2 or 3 weeks of cutting all ties was not the prettiest thats for sure, but it feels great to break a cold streak, and helps to realize after a breakup, girls still do want ya, and u are a cool dude, and have lots to offer. So make sure you never forget that. You 100% have to cut all ties. this girl is only telling you her life is awesome cause she wants you to think she is better off without you. You know what? SHe isnt at all. she is out randomizing, being brutal, and just trying to forget about you, same as you are doing....I mean I had the same thing, my ex telling me everything is awesome, im having fun (well we have lotta mutual friends and ur not doin nothin different than before. stil go to bed at 9 doesnt count as more fun than before 8) ) and happy with everything (well the new man she is with is a total loser who i am convinced she is with just to fill the boyfriend void i made when i left) and ya kno rwhat, i was right,. she isnt with him cause of course he doesnt have a range rover and cant fly her to bahamas and is unemployed.... so member just put urself out there, enjoy single life with your friends have drinks if thats ur thing, but not alone. And when you do see a woman out there you think u like, approach her ask her out, like you are going out with a cool chick coming up... so ur all good. But you have to cut the ties, its the only way, and it worked for me 100% I mean if you have a great relationship and a cool chick after breakup usually u can stil talk, but this one doesnt sound cool. she just wants you to think she is better without you, when it is obvious in both our cases they are not. sorry i didnt mean to write so much or jack the thread with my rant, but my sitch is 100% same as urs so i felt obligated to tell my story too.... by the way my after girlfriend hookup numbers keep increasing... and they didnt come at all till i cut ties with the ex and knew i was on my own and ready to move on. do the same and ull be golden in no time flat my man
Old 12-01-2005, 03:13 AM   #12
ae86_16v
Regular User

Time heals all. . .
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:37 AM   #13
Overmind
Regular User

Originally Posted by dangerously_cool
Stupidly I met up with her and all she does is fill my ear with how great things are going for her. She gets the satisfaction of knowing that I'm fucked up, turning into a failure and a drunk.
Obviously things aren't going well for her at all, she CAN'T get over the break up, so she's trying to create an impression that she is better off without you. Note, that she's doing that to create an illusion for HERSELF, not for you or anyone else ... she needs it, cause she is the one who can't handle things and thus is trying to persuade herself she is the one who's better off after the break up.

Once you understand that, you just either ignore her or yet better have a nice laugh at her when she's busy next time BSing you about how great her life without you is .
Old 12-01-2005, 08:57 PM   #14
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

Originally Posted by Overmind
...or yet better have a nice laugh at her when she's busy next time BSing you about how great her life without you is .
Amen to that!

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 02:46 PM   #15
corvette97
Regular User

imagine her taking a crap