Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 11-30-2005, 02:14 PM   #1
Anonymous

Default Don't go to this valet!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/4484212.stm

Valet= Professional Cleaning NOT Valet parking!!
Probe after £32,000 Lotus wrecked
Smashed Lotus.
Picture: Apex

The Lotus Exige was Dan Gould's "pride and joy"
A company director took his £32,000 sports car to be cleaned - and it quickly turned into a crumpled heap.

Dan Gould's Lotus Exige was found crashed into two stationary cars 30 minutes after he took it to a valet firm in Exeter.
A 30-year-old man has been reported for dangerous driving, and investigations are taking place into an alleged offence of unlawful vehicle taking.The owner of the Master Valet firm declined to comment about the accident.

It was my little baby... I only took it out now and again
Mr Gould, 28, boss of Digi Security in Exeter, said he was "devastated" at the crash involving his "pride and joy".

"It was disastrous," he said.

"I was absolutely gutted when I saw it because of all the time and effort that's been put into it. It was my little baby. I only took it out now and again."

The car was being spruced up for a buyer, but the sale had now fallen through, he said.

He added that the buyer was "really upset" at what had happened to the Lotus.

The crash happened on 21 November at the Marsh Barton trading estate in Exeter.
Hope the cunt gets locked up, should have more respect for others property!
Old 11-30-2005, 02:17 PM   #2
dhacke

bloody yobbo's
Old 11-30-2005, 02:28 PM   #3
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

ouch...I don't know why, but everytime I see a valet, I can't help thinking about Ferris Bueler's Day Off...and the valet's that took that sweet 250 Cali Spyder for a joyride...

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:35 PM   #4
bmagni
Regular User

valet's sucks world wide, i never ever leave a car on a valet, either i look for a spot or tell them ill pay them anyways but i park it...
a friend of mine had his car used for sex by a valet guy and he realized until the next day.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 02:43 PM   #5
Anonymous

Originally Posted by bmagni
valet's sucks world wide, i never ever leave a car on a valet, either i look for a spot or tell them ill pay them anyways but i park it...
a friend of mine had his car used for sex by a valet guy and he realized until the next day.
Ah you are thinking valet parking, this is valet as in cleaning In this case before selling. Obviously i've never paid someone to clean my car, but i'm less likely to after this !
Old 11-30-2005, 02:44 PM   #6
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

LOL, how“d he find out?

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Old 11-30-2005, 02:45 PM   #7
Anonymous

Originally Posted by Chaos in 1983!
LOL, how“d he find out?
spunk on the gearknob
Old 11-30-2005, 02:50 PM   #8
bmagni
Regular User

LOL, how“d he find out?
its funny, his parents found out and were blaming it on him, how ??? heel marks on the windows ! hehehe
Old 11-30-2005, 02:56 PM   #9
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

LOL, how“d he find out?
its funny, his parents found out and were blaming it on him, how ??? heel marks on the windows ! hehehe
LMAO...that“s some funny shit...

Old 11-30-2005, 03:15 PM   #10
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

oh man.. that's just fUCKED!

I actually worked as a valet attendant a couple summers ago.. it was a pretty sweet job until I realized I was just waiting around for pricks to finish eating their meal...

but I can say after working as valet, I will NEVER let my car get valet'd.. if you look at one of the Valet tickets you get in exchange for your keys, read the fine print..

basically if ANYTHING get stolen inside the car, its YOUR loss. and If there is any damage done to the car but you fail to notice it before you leave the parking lot, it is also YOUR LOSS.

I did get to drive some nice cars though although I NEVER ever took any of them off the parking lot for a spin.. i definately wanted to at times.. especially when Z06's, Jag XKR Convertibles, Porsche 996's would show up..
Old 11-30-2005, 03:21 PM   #11
Anonymous

ok i put it in BIG letters now This is not Valet parking, Valet= professional cleaning. An example of why recognising cultural/ language differences is important (the assignment I am currently working on )
Old 11-30-2005, 04:09 PM   #12
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL
ok i put it in BIG letters now This is not Valet parking, Valet= professional cleaning. An example of why recognising cultural/ language differences is important (the assignment I am currently working on )
hehe, seems we all went for the valet parking, and didnt read the news
Old 11-30-2005, 06:52 PM   #13
dangerously_cool
Regular User

That's fucked up. I never let a valet drive my car, it's Ferris Bueller waiting to happen. I was at a valet's once, told the guy to go easy on my clutch because it's a six puck spec and really grabby. He chuckled, asked why, and for that he got to ride shotgun to the valet lot.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:23 PM   #14
SilviaEvo
Regular User

wow that is truly fucked up. couldnt you sue for that?
Old 11-30-2005, 09:26 PM   #15
Anonymous

Originally Posted by SilviaEvo
wow that is truly fucked up. couldnt you sue for that?
typical yank

Well I would have thought that the company is liable for the cars well being while it is in their care, unless they have some clever fine print. Either that or the monkey who crashed it will be paying it off, probably for some time ! (hopefully from jail for being such a disrespectful prick)