Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 11-29-2007, 02:44 PM   #46
nthfinity
Regular User

meh, its still an ugly car thats totally undesirable.
Old 11-29-2007, 02:46 PM   #47
rave426
Regular User

^^^ You are the first person I have ever heard say that!! HA

Maybe you havnt seen the white or black one yet.

Oh yeah...I forgot...you dont like any of the GTR's do you. Almost forgot who I was talking to.

When you see one on the road, I think it will look much better.. Watch and see - better than the F*cking Vector... LOL
Old 11-29-2007, 03:01 PM   #48
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by rave426 View Post
^^^ You are the first person I have ever heard say that!! HA

Maybe you havnt seen the white or black one yet.

Oh yeah...I forgot...you dont like any of the GTR's do you. Almost forgot who I was talking to.

When you see one on the road, I think it will look much better.. Watch and see - better than the F*cking Vector... LOL
He's not the only one. I only had to say that the GT-R was ugly to shut a heated argument about it down at the Nissan stand at the LA Show.

And don't get your panties in a bunch. It's okay to admit that there are people in the world who think that the GT-R is ugly. ('Cause it is ) Or the fact that the one can't help but feel that everything about this overpriced Nissan is unnecessarily hyped.
HeilSvenska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:09 PM   #49
nthfinity
Regular User

I may never have liked any GTR, but this one is a stylistic nightmare. At least the old one looked alright. Japan is out of ideas, and are quickly heading toward Korean design emphasis

Subaru was the last good looking Japanese cars until the MY 08 cars
Old 11-29-2007, 03:37 PM   #50
rave426
Regular User

^^ Yeah really - the new Impreza looks like a lump of peanut butter (crunchy )

And the new Hyundai Genesis looks like the whore mothered love child of all the luxury brands in the world.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:40 PM   #51
rave426
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
He's not the only one. I only had to say that the GT-R was ugly to shut a heated argument about it down at the Nissan stand at the LA Show.

And don't get your panties in a bunch. It's okay to admit that there are people in the world who think that the GT-R is ugly. ('Cause it is ) Or the fact that the one can't help but feel that everything about this overpriced Nissan is unnecessarily hyped.
See I really dont think you can over hype a car coming from Japan that is trying to dethrone one of the icons of the automotive universe (997 Turbo). It makes for a very good (almost metal gear solid type) storylinie. I personally think it will be ONE OF the best cars in the last 15-20 years - but that may be a bold statement.
Old 11-29-2007, 03:48 PM   #52
pagani
Regular User

The article in sport auto was not a full review, nor was it the "supertest". It was a pre-review. Nissan simply let them drive the car, and in the time they had it, it managed around a 7:50 (it was also pre-production).....so really we cant go by that article as a set time.

And anyway, If it does do 7:50, that is still good for sport auto. The fastest sport auto achieved on the 997 Turbo was a 7:54 on MPSC's and there is a logged run of Walter running 7:49 on MPSC's.....so 7:50 would be right there with the Turbo.

We will see in due time.

P.S. I'm sad - what happen to the site guys???......I know I've missed alot of info here recently...the old site was so easy on the eyes.
And horst van sauna is not a pro driver their times will allways slower than times set by the factory pro drivers.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:58 PM   #53
nthfinity
Regular User

See I really dont think you can over hype a car coming from Japan that is trying to dethrone one of the icons of the automotive universe (997 Turbo). It makes for a very good (almost metal gear solid type) storylinie. I personally think it will be ONE OF the best cars in the last 15-20 years - but that may be a bold statement.
uhhh.... are you aware of what you just said? It's ok to lie about a car that say their aim is the proven NS king? Dethrone ?? I think not. Makes for a good story? ahhhh tahts why they used slicks?

Anybody who is familiar with watching NS videos at 10/10's on street tires would know the cornering speeds on the GTR are in no way street rubber.... and in no way was the track wet.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:56 PM   #54
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
The only thing worse is the really old fanboys who are like 50 or 60 and they go on and on about how Nissan and Hondas are the greatest thing that happened to them. And when you say otherwise, they bring up the years of "experience" and "knowledge" they have over you and just completely ignore what you have to say. Although they are very happy to try to convert you.

...yes those people do exist. And I met one at the LA Auto Show myself.

And I shut them up when I said the GT-R was ugly.
The "Jehovah's Witnesses" of the motoring world, then.

I still think this car is going to be amazing, although I do admit I'm disappointed that they used slicks. Oh well, you can't have it all.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:58 PM   #55
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by ferrarif1fan89 View Post
The "Jehovah's Witnesses" of the motoring world, then.

I still think this car is going to be amazing, although I do admit I'm disappointed that they used slicks. Oh well, you can't have it all.
I agree that the performance of this car is fantastic... but it is not "as great" as what they are out proclaiming.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:23 PM   #56
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
I agree that the performance of this car is fantastic... but it is not "as great" as what they are out proclaiming.
Well I find it hard to believe that anything under 70k that weighs more than 3800 lbs is going to be any faster around any track than a 911 turbo. It doesn't make physical sense.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:34 PM   #57
pagani
Regular User

Thumbs up

Well I find it hard to believe that anything under 70k that weighs more than 3800 lbs is going to be any faster around any track than a 911 turbo. It doesn't make physical sense.
Better aerodynamics faster gearbox better weightdistrubtion etc.
The gtr is like the veyron in some ways.
Both are heavy cars but have the handling of lighter sports cars
Old 11-29-2007, 05:35 PM   #58
pagani
Regular User

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
I think i will love up to the hype and times are valid.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:36 PM   #59
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
Better aerodynamics faster gearbox better weightdistrubtion etc.
The gtr is like the veyron in some ways.
Both are heavy cars but have the handling of lighter sports cars
Yeah, and one has 500 more horsepower than the other. The veyron is nothing like the GTR except that they are both overweight 4wd cars. That is where the similarities end.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:37 PM   #60
pagani
Regular User

Talking

Yeah, and one has 500 more horsepower than the other. The veyron is nothing like the GTR except that they are both overweight 4wd cars. That is where the similarities end.
That is what i meant.
Of course they are very diffrent cars.