Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 11-25-2004, 11:13 PM   #61
africanmojo
Regular User

yeah the ban is because of the contact with the fans and he wouldn't have got anywhere near as long if it was just on the court and if the fan hadded thrown the cup nothing more would have happened and Artest wouldn't have got anything as he backed away but i just think 6 for Wallace is a bit soft for the whole thing.
africanmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 08:55 AM   #62
gis
Regular User

hmmm,6 games isnt a lot i know compared to artest and the other pacer guys,but then again wallace didnt do half the stuff the others did,only start it with the push so he got the ban for 6 games.

as i said earlier in the thread artest did that to get time off for his music CD album thingy,lol thats why he did it IMO

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2004, 09:00 AM   #63
dingo
Regular User

geez, africanmojo you should learn to use some commas and full stops in your posts, its just one long string of words atm. :shock:
The Pacers are going ok since the suspensions, have won 2 of 3 including a win over Minnesota today.
Old 11-26-2004, 09:07 AM   #64
gis
Regular User

yeah they are doing VERY well.i watched them play against the celtics on tuesday and they beat them by quite a few points.these players are showing that they are actually pretty good

Old 11-26-2004, 10:24 PM   #65
Stikz
Regular User

hmmm,6 games isnt a lot i know compared to artest and the other pacer guys,but then again wallace didnt do half the stuff the others did,only start it with the push so he got the ban for 6 games.
i don't understand why wallace would have thrown punches, it was a detroit home crowd. His actions fired up the crowd and basically encouraged them. Like hockey has an instigator penalty, he should have also got a similar type punishment. Without Wallace flipping out none of this happens. Why is this never mentioned?
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 09:09 PM   #66
gis
Regular User

i think i mentioned at one point that if wallace didnt do the push it woudlnt have happened,i know that but at the same time if artest wasnt such a rough player wallace also wouldnt have done it,if the fans were foolish enough to join in....so be it,thats there fault but as i also mentioned if artest,o'neal and jackson had wits about them at all they would have known not to hit the certain fans whether they were pissing them off or not.

Old 11-28-2004, 08:01 PM   #67
africanmojo
Regular User

i have decided to go for the pacers for the rest of the season as they have had all the top players suspended and they are still winning so i like the character of the team. Not my normal team but you got to give the rest of the guys credit for not lying done and saying well we lost because of the suspensions. also a bit of info you may not have known but jackson got 30 games and his first game back from the suspension is against the pistons at home so that should be one to watch. don't think stern thought about that one.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:40 PM   #68
Max Power

Originally Posted by Stikz
i don't understand why wallace would have thrown punches, it was a detroit home crowd. His actions fired up the crowd and basically encouraged them. Like hockey has an instigator penalty, he should have also got a similar type punishment. Without Wallace flipping out none of this happens. Why is this never mentioned?
.....no u don't know the whole story......Wallace had his goons in the crowd....F. Jones got punched in the back of the head by this huge black guy......and then later that same guy was calming Wallace's kids down....so Wallace didn't need to do anything, his goons filled in....
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2004, 11:32 PM   #69
africanmojo
Regular User

.....no u don't know the whole story......Wallace had his goons in the crowd....F. Jones got punched in the back of the head by this huge black guy......and then later that same guy was calming Wallace's kids down....so Wallace didn't need to do anything, his goons filled in.... [/quote]

they asked Shaq if he would do the same thing that Artest did and he said i would handle it corporately. which means he would get the big 6 foot 11 body guard he has to go and take care of it for him and the body guard is about as wide as shaq too. that just goes to show Wallace should have got a lot more but just was a bit smarter about his involvement.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:13 PM   #70
Stikz
Regular User

that big 6 foot black guy who punched fred jones was wallace's brother. He got media credentials which is supposedly not allowed. Fucking prick. Now the pacer players are being charged, but nobody else is.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 02:16 AM   #71
africanmojo
Regular User

Originally Posted by Stikz
that big 6 foot black guy who punched fred jones was wallace's brother. He got media credentials which is supposedly not allowed. Fucking prick. Now the pacer players are being charged, but nobody else is.
fans are getting charged as well but so far haven't heard more then that just sucks that all this just seems to focus on the pacers and no one else. hope that the fans get some sort of punishment out of this as so far they have gotten away with it.
Old 12-01-2004, 06:58 AM   #72
monaro23q
Regular User

WHO watches the GAYFL in australia lol its so shit and dam man y u a ford man lol holdens all the way
8)
monaro23q is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 07:08 AM   #73
dingo
Regular User

^ thats a sensational first post man...welcome to JW, I'm betting you'll be here for along time.
Whats wrong with the AFL, better then tugby, I mean rugby.
I do agree Holdens rule though.
Old 12-01-2004, 09:08 PM   #74
africanmojo
Regular User

well just saw that two fans have been banned from the palace for life. So that is good and they are still waiting on the filing of charges against everyone. At least something has finally been done to send a message to fans that the behavour that was displayed is unexceptable.