Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 04-25-2004, 07:23 PM   #16
sameerrao
Regular User

I think Button is a good driver. All the top drivers show a clear glimpse of their speed and potential in their first year - Button qualified 3rd (i think in Spa in 2000) ahead of one M Schumacher. He qualified quite close to Ralf by the end of year.

He started out with a good car immediately and then to a bad car (Renault) and suffered initially. He took some time to come out of this and learn how to get the speed out of the car and himself.

Remember he made Villeneuve look pretty ordinary last year and Trulli also.

I think he will improve with age. But I still would rate Alonso, Raikkonnen and Webber over him in pure driving talent. But that's just an opinion.

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
sameerrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:13 AM   #17
szumszer
Regular User

jenson has a bright future, he is good enough to win the championship within next three years given the right car, schumi or no schumi, if bar honda is tops of the ladder and close to on par with big three, then jenson will win the title sooner rather than later
szumszer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 12:14 AM   #18
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by ae86_16v
Originally Posted by toronto
button is not as good as alonso, that is it, alonso has gotten a point in every race he has finished, plane and simple, i belive he is the only one out there right now that can say that
Ummm, Button has done that too. Not to mention Alonso's teammate Trulli and the obviously Schumacher and Barrichello.
talking about there career
Old 04-26-2004, 08:04 AM   #19
kteo2003
Regular User

[quote="Ronin005"]well the pole position was luck and don't deny it people. now in the race we saw who actually has it and its obvious why MS is the best, aside from the "rubbing is racing" fiasco that took place with JPM he still managed to get up on JB's ass. now it would only of been a matter of time before MS passed him but JB had to pit, and who else but MS would be able to put out the fast laps that MS did? and after MS got the lead did you all see the distance he put between him self and JB, do you think JB would of been able to achieve that.

if MS hadn't passed him at the first pit stop he could nevere pass him at the gran prix....the only chance he had was at the pit stop...
kteo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 10:30 AM   #20
lappies
Regular User

Since the first time Jeson got into a F1 car, I thought he was going to make it big someday! The last two seasons wasn't to great for the new kid, but his head was screwed on the wrong way! Reports from an unknown source stated that all Jeson was worried about was the money, and everytime a team meeting was held, he'd show off his new toys or shades, and didn't worry about anything else!

Luckely, it lookes like his over that stage, and starting to concentrate on what really matters, posting good results!

The BAR Honda is running well this season, but the've increased performance at the expence of fuel economy, as was seen by Buttons 10sec pit stop at imola, and making two stops after that!

Watch out Schumi, cause Button is going to take your place on that top step in the near future!
lappies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2004, 01:49 PM   #21
veilsidebr

he is well good driver....he is on his 5th season and not a rookie anymore...i guess he has potential to be a winning driver...the car is also good but he is pretty good at the wheel...
Old 04-26-2004, 10:46 PM   #22
ae86_16v
Regular User

button is not as good as alonso, that is it, alonso has gotten a point in every race he has finished, plane and simple, i belive he is the only one out there right now that can say that
Ummm, Button has done that too. Not to mention Alonso's teammate Trulli and the obviously Schumacher and Barrichello.
Nope, he got 0 points for Minardi in 2001.

I don't know if he finished in A1 Ring, Magny-cours, Silverstone, Monza, Indianapolis, Suzuka in 2003, but he also didn't score during those races.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 10:45 AM   #23
sameerrao
Regular User

i dont know about that now. MS would of been on his ass the whole time and JB would break just like Kimi did last year or was it the previous year. these guys dont have the nerves of steel needed when your in a hot position like that.
I don't Michael broke down Kimi at all. Kimi fought all the way to the end - he didn't have the right car to win the championship - he is a true Iceman - impervious under pressure

"Tazio Nuvolari - The greatest driver of the past, the present and the future" - Ferdinand Porsche
Old 04-28-2004, 10:06 PM   #24
sameerrao
Regular User

oh i guess you missed the race with KR leading and MS behind and then KR made a mistake and lost the race due to it. and yes everyone makes a mistake but this one was made on the count that he had a MS on his ass. now i dont remember if it was the 2k3 season or the 2k2 season but i believe it was during last season. and he is far from being the the iceman that hes called.
You are refering to France 2002 (I think) and his car lost traction on oil spilt from Allan McNish's Toyota which had blown up prior to the hairpin. Michael was on the inside line and therefore did not encounter the oil. He therefore was able to brake and exit the hairpin better than Kimi. I would hardly call that a conclusive failure under pressure.

Anyway look at his performance in Indy and Suzuka last year - he drove masterfully (particularly Indy).

As to the Iceman bit, after seeing him shove a marshal in Sepang and willfully blow up his engine in Bahrain, it shows that there is something human there in him

Old 04-29-2004, 10:04 AM   #25
sameerrao
Regular User

and im not trying to take anything away from KR but i just don't think hes the miracle child for McLaren.
Kimi like Alonso and Montoya are great at extracting great performances out of good performing cars. Michael is great at extracting great performances out of average performing cars. That's the difference. For Kimi to win, he needs a car that will be in the top echelon.

However, in fairness to Kimi - Michael would not be able to do any better in a car that blew up three times in three races and failed to qualify in the fourth.

Old 04-29-2004, 11:18 PM   #26
Toronto
Regular User

Nope, he got 0 points for Minardi in 2001.

I don't know if he finished in A1 Ring, Magny-cours, Silverstone, Monza, Indianapolis, Suzuka in 2003, but he also didn't score during those races.
nope all DNF, so i guess there goes your argument
proof
http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/g...009/f12001.htm
so Alonso is better
Old 04-30-2004, 01:14 AM   #27
ae86_16v
Regular User

nope all DNF, so i guess there goes your argument
proof
http://www.fortunecity.com/olympia/g...009/f12001.htm
so Alonso is better
What does the line mean? He didn't race?

Well, okay, I guess he score points in every race that he raced. . .

The only thing that Alonso is better than Button at is his starts .
Old 04-30-2004, 01:33 PM   #28
Toronto
Regular User

no what i am saying is, every race that alonso finished he has scored points in. plane and simple
Old 05-01-2004, 05:26 AM   #29
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005
no what i am saying is, every race that alonso finished he has scored points in. plane and simple
since when? if you go back to 2001 he finished 9 times and scored no points. his first point was scored in 2003. not sure what happend to him in 2002, but i dont think he had a seat that year.
Exactly. . . I am wonder does those lines mean that he didn't race?

I mean did he just choose to skip out on Australia, Malaysia, Spain, Europe, France, Great Britian, German, Italy, and Japan?

Edit: So I was right originally. If you look at his races with Minardi, he did finish in all the previous races I mention: Australia 2 laps down, Malaysia 2 laps down, Spain 2 laps down, Europe 3 laps down, France 2 laps down, GB 3 laps down, German 1 lap down, Italy 2 laps down, and Japan 1 lap down.

But in 2003 he did score points in all the races he finished.

Ronin he did testing duties for Renault in 2002.
Old 05-01-2004, 10:54 AM   #30
caneswell
Regular User

Button is a very good driver. Maybe even great, time will tell! That qualifying lap, was superb ok a couple of laps of fuel lighter that Schui. But even Schui admited to being a little worried by JBs pace from the start. Shame the second stint imes dropped of and the pitstops weren't quite a slick for JB. Until the BAR is improved further i can't see him being able to challenge the Ferrari Schumacher combo.

Alonso will do very well (renault is awsome car, jus needs power!) as will raikonen if Mclaren pull their finger out. I don't understand how Mercedes have managed to make an engine the seems less reliable that las years! When every other team has coped with the rule changes fine. Bizzare.

JPM, Ralf, trulli, Barrichello and coultard will never be champions! IMO