Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 04-20-2004, 10:24 AM   #1
tanelvali
Regular User

Default How to get to see and drive Enzo, F40, Diablo etc...

In referring to THIS topic

http://www.motorworld.net/forum/show...hlight=#141549

I'd like to know what are the possibilities to an average car-nut with average financing possibilities to try out those cars? Join a track-day with my fiat Punto? Join in some car-club.. ???

What should I do to get to see and drive those cars..

Please respond.
tanelvali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 10:28 AM   #2
TT
Regular User

To try them would be near impossible if you don't know the owner.. even at that even, you could have passenger rides, not DRIVE an Enzo..

For the Diablo for instance there are a couple of possibilities in the UK where you pay a fee and you buy a day on track with some supercars you can actually drive.. but F40 and Enzo... the Enzo is rentable in Germany.. some 30'000 € for a day and 250 km I think I remember..

F40 or other older cars are no more in luxury rentals sadly.. so either you know an owner either it would be impossible to drive one
Old 04-20-2004, 10:29 AM   #3
kteo2003
Regular User

an average car-nut doesn't have any possibility to drive these cars....seeing them is more easy but driving them......
kteo2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2004, 11:05 AM   #4
tanelvali
Regular User

Originally Posted by kteo2003
an average car-nut doesn't have any possibility to drive these cars....seeing them is more easy but driving them......
Where can I see Enzo and at least sit in one.. Would it be possible in some Ferrari dealer's shop in London for example? I'm planning to visit my friend in London this year - so.. why not add 1+1 together
Old 04-20-2004, 11:51 AM   #5
TT
Regular User

Uhm.. Enzos in dealership are again rare as hell... all of them are sold, so there is no "free" on to display.. and even dealership that sells for private customers some Enzos, usually don't have the car in their showroom.. and well.. even if you could find one, I seriously doubt they will allow you to sit in it

Only "easy" places where to spot such cars are supercar meets or motorshows... and again, I doubt it would be possible to sit in it
Old 04-20-2004, 12:17 PM   #6
tanelvali
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Ask Jabba if he let you drive his cars... 8)
Jabba, may i sit in your cars? As a co-driver?
Old 04-20-2004, 12:37 PM   #7
yg60m
Regular User

In the french mag "Sport Auto" there are different formulas of driving tests :
Stage 1 : Ferrari 360 F1 and Porsche Boxster S (20 minutes per car) : 278 € or 40 min/car :498 €.

Stage 2 : Ferrari 360 F1 , Maserati 4200 Cambiocorsa, Porsche Boxster S : 348 € (20 min/car) ; 648 € (40 min/car) ; 908 € (1 hour/car).

Stage 3 : Murcielago , Ferrari 575 F1 : 358 € (20 min/car) ; 678 € (40 min/car) ; 958 € (1 hour/car).

For every test, you take the wheel with a monitor on your side and you can even have a ride in an F40.
Old 04-20-2004, 12:41 PM   #8
TT
Regular User

And where Yann? I mean, wich track? Location? I'm ready to see them km between me and that place
Old 04-20-2004, 01:04 PM   #9
yg60m
Regular User

It's from Luxembourg to Paris , Toulon , Lyon depending on the dates. It seems that the tests are not on track but on the road
I think i have a report from Turbo on such offer (not really the same but similar), i will rip it
Old 04-21-2004, 05:29 AM   #10
tanelvali
Regular User

I was wondering about car rentals, track days, etc.. they require 3 years full driving licence. The question is if I have estonian full driving licence - does it apply in those events held in UK, france, germany, etc.. ?
Old 04-21-2004, 05:46 AM   #11
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

Originally Posted by yg60m
In the french mag "Sport Auto" there are different formulas of driving tests :
Stage 1 : Ferrari 360 F1 and Porsche Boxster S (20 minutes per car) : 278 € or 40 min/car :498 €.

Stage 2 : Ferrari 360 F1 , Maserati 4200 Cambiocorsa, Porsche Boxster S : 348 € (20 min/car) ; 648 € (40 min/car) ; 908 € (1 hour/car).

Stage 3 : Murcielago , Ferrari 575 F1 : 358 € (20 min/car) ; 678 € (40 min/car) ; 958 € (1 hour/car).

For every test, you take the wheel with a monitor on your side and you can even have a ride in an F40.
hot damn! i would do Stage 3 for sure!!

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 08:10 AM   #12
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by tanelvali
I was wondering about car rentals, track days, etc.. they require 3 years full driving licence. The question is if I have estonian full driving licence - does it apply in those events held in UK, france, germany, etc.. ?
Uhm... usually there is a risk.. here for instance you have to be Swiss basically... I suppose it could be the same in other countries.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:49 AM   #13
tanelvali
Regular User

This is very likely in UK or in Australia, as the traffic is there left handed and people from right-handed countries just cannot get used to it.. But what comes to car rentals then the whole idea is to provide rent-a-car service to the foreigners who fly in, rent a car for lik a week and then return the car and fly back home.. Ofcource what comes to track-days the requirements may be lot different, but on a race-track there is no pedestrian crossing nor oncoming traffic, so pure logic says that this should be OK even there.. I suppose there are events that would let me participate and some that do not.. Too bad websites don't provide this information... Perhaps I should write a letter and ask from Autocar Magazine..
Old 04-21-2004, 09:51 AM   #14
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by tanelvali
This is very likely in UK or in Australia, as the traffic is there left handed and people from right-handed countries just cannot get used to it.. But what comes to car rentals then the whole idea is to provide rent-a-car service to the foreigners who fly in, rent a car for lik a week and then return the car and fly back home.. Ofcource what comes to track-days the requirements may be lot different, but on a race-track there is no pedestrian crossing nor oncoming traffic, so pure logic says that this should be OK even there.. I suppose there are events that would let me participate and some that do not.. Too bad websites don't provide this information... Perhaps I should write a letter and ask from Autocar Magazine..
Well, for that you can find the main rentals like Hertz and Avis... but luxury cars rentals are way different usually...
Old 04-21-2004, 01:39 PM   #15
J-San
Regular User

Here!

http://www.europeanferrarirental.com/

You can drive an Enzo, F50, F40, 288 GTO, Diablo, Gallardo... anything!
J-San is offline   Reply With Quote