Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 04-24-2004, 08:18 PM   #1
antonioledesma
Regular User

Default Button,pure luck or a really good driver?

So... what do you think about JB?
is he a good driver and didn't had the chance to prove it before?
Did BAR used in a better way the money of Villenueve?

JB, Another future or present diamond?

And... Alonso, Button and Kimi... young stars that will become champions of they are allowed (if they have luck, the teams give them really good and fast cars, etc)

Wanna read your opinions
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 08:21 PM   #2
cho_888
Regular User

the honda car at the moment is running really well, because sato has be up there as well. Yet anyone who can lap a track faster than michael is doing very well.
Old 04-24-2004, 09:02 PM   #3
ae86_16v
Regular User

I think it is luck if he only has one podium or one good qualifying. But now he has two podiums and 4 races in, he has been having excellent qualifying times.

So I think this kid definitely got the stuff.

But like Cho said, the BAR car w/ the Honda engine is running really well right now. So I don't know if you could count that as luck? I don't. . .
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 09:28 PM   #4
geekdiggy
Regular User

it's a matter of luck that he's at the very front of the grid, because michael was lapping quicker on teh last qualifier run until that mistake. THAT much is luck.

but to have such consistent laps/qualifiers/finishes that he's had all season, then to be good enough to challenge schumi in an inferior car, that's pure skill

button = champ of the future

raikkonen = sideliner with binoculars

hard to hit in only three tries.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 09:46 PM   #5
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by geekdiggy
button = champ of the future

raikkonen = sideliner with binoculars
The BAR-Honda car has improved a lot, and now seems that the team order is: Ferrari (no doubt), Williams (maybe), Renault (fighting with Williams) and BAR, leaving McLaren waaay behind.

I don't remember the money BAR gave Jaques, but they have used very good those millions.

I only hope those 3 (Alonso, Raikkonen and Button) give more exciting seasons when the old party goes.
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 10:25 PM   #6
bobafett
Regular User

Button was declared the wonderkid when he came onto the scene, maybe now he's maturing. I still think Alonso will have what it takes.

I think Dave Richards and his groups are just awesome. Look at what he's done in WRC. I have had the pleasure of meeting him, and I must say, he and BAR are a cool group. I *HATE* JV, though, and htink he was a major detriment to the team. Good bye and good riddance.

Good on ya, Dave!

--Dan
Old 04-25-2004, 01:09 AM   #7
Toronto
Regular User

button is not as good as alonso, that is it, alonso has gotten a point in every race he has finished, plane and simple, i belive he is the only one out there right now that can say that
Old 04-25-2004, 03:05 AM   #8
ae86_16v
Regular User

Originally Posted by toronto
button is not as good as alonso, that is it, alonso has gotten a point in every race he has finished, plane and simple, i belive he is the only one out there right now that can say that
Ummm, Button has done that too. Not to mention Alonso's teammate Trulli and the obviously Schumacher and Barrichello.
ae86_16v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 03:28 AM   #9
sikx5
Regular User

Alonso seems to be the next great driver, time will tell. But buttons pole is impressive, but he will run out of fuel before the first corner
Old 04-25-2004, 04:32 AM   #10
nejcdolinsek
Regular User

Jenson is a good driver with a good car.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:13 AM   #11
Sm@ck
Regular User

Well Jenson is definetly one of the best.
I just always find it amazing hoiw Barichello is never able to capitalize on Schumacher's mistakes. Tells you enough of his qualities, imo....

Back to Button. The other aspect is fuel. Maybe he did run a little lighter, then the other top drivers, who knows? Overall he would still be on a similiar strategy.

I think this time that BMW is running heaviest out of the 3 top teams. They like to play a conservative game. So how I suspect that they will be the most competitive. I am suspecting a BMW to win. Offcourse that depends also depends on the tires.

Barichello will crfash out, after screwing up the start. Michale Schumacher will retire with some sort of mechanical failure. Button will be second, a BMW first, and a renault on 3. Both McLarens will drop out.

I think I got a bit carried away with the post, sorry! :roll:
Sm@ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 05:31 AM   #12
levensnevel
Regular User

Jenson Buton is currently best of the rest, that is for sure
But Possessed Beaver's picture which I borrowed shamelessly from another thread in this section tells it all:

if you ask me

Niets of niemand zegt dat het echt moet
En toch, of juist daarom,wil je het beleven....

Weblog
levensnevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 07:23 AM   #13
cho_888
Regular User

hahahaha, nice pick. I think every thing just came in to line for button and he is starting to mature and i think he will put the fight to shumacher
Old 04-25-2004, 08:33 AM   #14
gis
Regular User

LOL thats a funny picture.

about button,compared to alonso i think they are the same,young and maturing as the races go on.at the moment this seasons races have all gone to jensen pretty much,but i dont think it was luck and the qualifying wasnt luck either,yeah schumacher made a little mistake but that was coz he tried to hard and cracked under the pressure.schumacher has the edge over jensen though as he has been in F1 a lot longer.but he is sure sum1 to worry about

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 03:10 PM   #15
jon_s
Regular User

I think that Jenson always had exceptional skill considering his age and experience. When he first came to F1 he was in a decent car, and was able to put down some very solid performances. However, I think that his time developing a car that was no where near the pace of the front runners is where he really matured. The fact that Jenson and BAR are in the position that they are is no fluke. I do believe that JB is one to watch in the future.

However, todays race was interesting. The run to the first pit stop was impressive. The fact that he got off the line as well as he did shows he has the ability to work well under pressure. Both SM and JB put everyone to shame in therms of pace today. It will be a year or two until JB is in a position to become a World Champ, but the experience he will gain running with the big boys will do him no harm.
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote