Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars

American Cars Area dedicated to American Cars from Classic, Muscle, to Modern!

Old 04-06-2004, 10:20 PM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default SVT **** filtered news****

next week, my father will begin working in Ford's SVT group as one of 5 the engineers within it. His immediate projects are to include 2 of the new SVT cars set to debut next spring/summer. they are the widely known new SVT Lighting, and the SVT "Condor" which appears to be the name of the future SVT Mustang... it may just currently be a codename, but not likely.

great news for me, and JW for further good/ reliable news on all things SVT. I shall do my best for regular updates, and i hope all will enjoy

UPDATE
the condor is a cirtain 2 door coupe that screams muscle. look for it on the roads in 3 years, rather then next spring/summer.

no new information yet on the lightning
Old 04-06-2004, 10:26 PM   #2
RC45
Regular User

Sounds great - just don't get him fired by posting "secret" data.. LOL
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 10:41 PM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

Sounds great - just don't get him fired by posting "secret" data.. LOL
LOL, not to worry as i wont be able to get much technical data, or access to fords network. And, im sure i want him in that position more then he wants it (he isn't a gearhead by far, rather a reliability nut who wrote the standards for FMEA)
Old 04-06-2004, 10:56 PM   #4
oscargarza88
Regular User

cool,wel keep us updated about the, specially the mustang.
ur lucky...
can u go in the "garage"?
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2004, 11:22 PM   #5
graywolf624
Regular User

Just make sure someone over there pulls their head out of their ass when it's time to design the multilink rear.. We don't want a repeat of the last cobra.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 07:38 AM   #6
Vansquish
Regular User

Which facility is your dad going to be working at? My dad worked in the complex right next to Roush in Dearborn. I sneak back there every now and then to see what's cooking...they had Ford GT's and the 500 as well as the MG ZT V8 for a while.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2004, 12:23 PM   #7
Garretts_turbo
Regular User

lucky bastard.....hehehe just kidding. let us know whats in the mix up at SVT if you can. get the digital camera ready for some spy pics! !
Old 04-07-2004, 12:32 PM   #8
nthfinity
Regular User

currently, he is working at the engineering building right off Oakland and Ford i believe. i am not hugely familiar where all the complexes are just yet as he has only been since late july of 2001 after i gradulated HS. i do, however plan to change my familiarity of the city. i do wish i was as close to dearborn as you :-\

Just make sure someone over there pulls their head out of their ass when it's time to design the multilink rear.. We don't want a repeat of the last cobra.
im quite sure most poeple who bought the cobra have had great fun in it; it is quite true that the 03 cobra's multilink was loose for curcuit usage. let alone, i am not the one working there to influence huge changes-- but i will try my routs
Old 04-07-2004, 12:36 PM   #9
graywolf624
Regular User

im quite sure most poeple who bought the cobra have had great fun in it; it is quite true that the 03 cobra's multilink was loose for curcuit usage. let alone, i am not the one working there to influence huge changes-- but i will try my routs
I realize, it just pisses me off. It is supposed to be the performance version yet the rear suspension was so bad that most road racers switch back to the stick rear(quadrabind and all).
Old 04-09-2004, 01:00 AM   #10
Schwalbe

I would like to know nthfinity if you have any information about a future car sedan SVT ?

I would like to see in America a Ford ST220 to replace the former Contour SVT.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 01:17 AM   #11
nthfinity
Regular User

currently, i dont know much, as my father doesnt actually begin working over there until monday, april 12, and his first two projects are the "condor" which may be a SVT sedan, but im guessing its the next SVT mustang. the other project is the new F-150 lightning to de-throne the mighty mopar ram SRT-10 as fastest best handling truck

the SVT contour lacked large sales numbers for ford, with "minimal" performance upgrade, and still FWD.... i would rather have a saab for the price of the SVT contour myself... but, i guarentee to keep informed
Old 04-09-2004, 02:56 AM   #12
Schwalbe

Thank-you for infos nthfinity!

The reason of my question on a future SVT sedan, this is because the first car that I bought in 1998 was a Contour SVT and I liked it.

Currently I prefer the RWD cars, and I hope that the "condor" is a car for competed the Cadillac CTS V-series. This could offer to me a second choice for my new car in 2006 when my lease of my 2002 Audi A4 1.8T will be finished.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 03:28 AM   #13
blah
Regular User

All ford has to do to compete with Cadillac is stick the Mustang engine in the LS, or just bump up the Displacement of the Jaguars S-Type R engine.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:02 PM   #14
graywolf624
Regular User

All ford has to do to compete with Cadillac is stick the Mustang engine in the LS, or just bump up the Displacement of the Jaguars S-Type R engine.
Im gonna have to say no on that.

The jaguar doesnt have the suspension the cts v and its ilk have. And the LS is just too heavy..
Old 04-09-2004, 01:46 PM   #15
nthfinity
Regular User

Im gonna have to say no on that.

The jaguar doesnt have the suspension the cts v and its ilk have. And the LS is just too heavy..
right, and right...... although, i am unsure of the vehicle weight of the CTS-V

i know the M5 isnt a lightweight either. The LS is a nice car; but i think it competes more with the 3 series then the 5 series as far as performance numbers. dropping a bigger motor in a car is far from the only thing that is done for performance vehicles... re-worked suspension would be nessisary, rigidity issuies would come in to play, as well as safety... basically it would need to be re-engineered... which is what the CTS-V is

i could see a number of other cars in fords future competing in the luxo muscle class.... but im not sure ford wants do do that at this time.