Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 02-09-2004, 11:45 PM   #1
BaseRSX

Default What cars did you used to hate but have grown to love?

For me I have to say it’s the Lambo Murcielago! I was not that big of a fan of Lamborghinis in general but then I saw a VT in person and the thing was so incredible. The guy let me open the door and sit in it. As great as the VT is the Murcielago is just perfect!! I now think the Murcielago is one of the best looking cars in the world!! Not to mention 12 cly, mid-engine, AWD!!! Damn what more do you want?

I have not been able to embrace the looks of the Gallardo yet. I mean it is one hell of a machine without a doubt but I’m not sure about the looks. The Gallardo looks too much like a lot of other cars (all be them concepts, like the concept NSX etc., squared and bland).

Anyway, what about you? What cars did you once not like that now you love?
BaseRSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 11:47 PM   #2
Ziploc
Regular User

Grand Am V6

i thought the rear was but ugly but now i think its beautiful

i also grew to love the imprezas newer styling

hmm what else... oh yea the new echo hatch i think its a neat little car. noonen agrees :s
Ziploc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 11:56 PM   #3
jinmin803
Regular User

Infiniti G35 Coupe/Nissan Skyline 350GT

At first, I thought it looked good, and then I saw it at a auto show, and was totally turned off by the quality of the interior. It was on top of my avoid list, but ever since I've driven it a couple of weeks ago, I just love the thing. So much inexpected power, and great handling for a car that's not extremely expensive.
jinmin803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 12:29 AM   #4
Kangaroo Boy
Regular User

Volvo 850 T5-R and the S40..When I was kid,I was bias and never take any notice on them,and the last 2 years I started to like Volvos.They are great.I want one.
Old 02-10-2004, 12:37 AM   #5
nchs09

the gallardo
Old 02-10-2004, 01:00 AM   #6
ben
Regular User

i hated porches. i didn't like them at all. the carrera gt is one of my favorite cars. i didn't like the way they looked. good thing that they change it on the gt. it look amazing
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 01:20 AM   #7
nchs09

***edit*** wrong of me to say gallardo. cause i still hate it!!!!!!!!!!

i guess something that i compleatly hated but learned to like is the 350z... i can stand it now but before i COULDNT
Old 02-10-2004, 01:49 AM   #8
geekdiggy
Regular User

FERRARI

i looked down on ferraris (much the same way i look down on porsche and bmw) cuz i thought it was just a car for rich european trash with miniature penises. well, that's back when i was very uninformed. i started watching a buncha videos off jabbasworld about the history of ferrari and the story behind the country, then watched videos on the cars and the formula 1 team and then started to think, hot DAMN these fuckers make some badass cars

hard to hit in only three tries.
geekdiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 02:00 AM   #9
racer_f50
Regular User

hmm...

Lamborghini Diablo. But since my girlfriend is really into Diablos and Murcielagos I had another look into them and the Diablo has really grown on me. I always liked the Murc, though.

Carrera GTs. initially didn't like it because it's a Porsche, but the styling is a lot more stomachable than their other cars, and the performance seems good enough.

Corvettes. had never really seen them up close, and hadn't looked into the amazing price/performance ratio. the C5 styling is beatiful in person, though 8)
racer_f50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 02:21 AM   #10
crazidude
Regular User

The Enzo for sure. First time I saw it I thought it was the uglies pos I've ever seen in my life. After watching several vids and seeing a lot of pictures, I think it looks pretty damn good now.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 02:31 AM   #11
666fast
Regular User

The Ferrari 360. I never hated it, I just didn't think it was all that great. Now after repeated exposure, I love it.
Old 02-10-2004, 03:19 AM   #12
heath
Regular User

everything else buy my porsche

nah I'd have to say american cars...in general the styling and the mechanics of them really upset me to say the least...

but I'm starting to come around to some of them....maybe one day I'll get into them...

Ronin005 wrote:
.....like in any other car community there is Stock, Modified and, HOLLY BATMAN. this falls under HOLLY BATMAN!!
heath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 03:36 AM   #13
Gilles27
Regular User

I also usually used to hate the 360 Modena and later the Enzo but by the time I fianlly love them, is too hard for a old school Ferrari fan: Daytona, Testarossa, 512BB, 348!?(yes I love its mini-Testarossa looks).
Old 02-10-2004, 03:40 AM   #14
EridanMan
Regular User

RX-8-

I thought it was underpowered, overweight, and pointless- and then I drove one *DROOL*....

I also have a new respect for some american muscle I used to look down on as a Eurosnob... Especially the Vette's...

-Scott
EridanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 03:54 AM   #15
snacky
Regular User

I used to hate ford, cuz my dad had a ford that had chronic electrical problems, but i sorta lke fords now, they look good, drive well, and aren't as expensive as imports.