Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2004, 03:46 PM   #1
scubywrxr
Regular User

Default George W`s hotmail inbox

This is da inbox of the president of the United States

http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/bushmail.html
Old 01-28-2004, 03:47 PM   #2
jeroen40
Regular User

[/url]http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/text/bushmail.html[/url]
Old 01-28-2004, 03:49 PM   #3
scubywrxr
Regular User

sorry bout the link boys .. have corrected it above to make it clicky
Old 01-28-2004, 03:55 PM   #4
graywolf624
Regular User

sigh. I wonder how you would react to a joke about your leader. Especially ones with no basis in reality.
Old 01-28-2004, 04:04 PM   #5
Toronto
Regular User

hahaha 2,145,980 emails form god
Old 01-28-2004, 04:07 PM   #6
scubywrxr
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
sigh. I wonder how you would react to a joke about your leader. Especially ones with no basis in reality.
If u read the webpage carefully with approriate critique u would realise that its really a light hearted poke at everyone concerned... mailers and mailee
Old 01-28-2004, 04:10 PM   #7
graywolf624
Regular User

I did. I'm just getting tired of the large number of jks at his expense and the bias opinions of him.

I realize it is tongue and cheek but there are far too many people that actually believe this crap for me to find it funny.
Old 01-28-2004, 05:30 PM   #8
Vansquish
Regular User

Unfortunately it is quite difficult to separate fiction from reality with Dubya... so much the worse for our country.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 01-28-2004, 05:42 PM   #9
scubywrxr
Regular User

Remember that u guys voted for him or in the majority of the cases did not even bother to attend the polls becoz of general apathy ...
In a poll in chicago most of the people did even know who the president was in the first place.. I saw the interviews on CNN 4 months ago!

Hey .. in South Africa Mbeki got voted in and we still laugh about it today...
Remember though that more than 85% of our voting population excuted their democratic right...people are much more politically concious in SA becoz of our notorious past :roll:
Old 01-28-2004, 05:46 PM   #10
graywolf624
Regular User

Remember that u guys voted for him or in the majority of the cases did not even bother to attend the polls becoz of general apathy ...
Hey .. in South Africa Mbeki got voted in and we still laugh about it today...
Remember though that more than 85% of our voting population excuted their democratic right...people are much more politically concious in SA becoz of our notorious past
Thats just the thing. Bush isn't a bad president. He hasn't done anything to deserve that rep. In fact hes one of the few that seems from a distance to stand for his convictions(whether you agree or disagree. I am about 50-50).

I just can't get over how people can never drop minor speech fauxpas but the previous guy could lie to the public and get away with it. Hardly seem fair.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:10 PM   #11
Vansquish
Regular User

...well...I'm not sure I agree with the idea that Bush isn't a bad president...he's really made a hash of the economy, and of our international relations. He has no decent sense of foreign policy etiquette, and by far he is the worst-speaking president I can ever remember having seen, and that includes all sorts of speeches by presidents ranging all the way back to the beginning of the 20th century. He exudes a presence, but unfortunately it is laughable and moronic. He's been trying to flex the US's muscles, but he's only making enemies and turning us into the laughing stock of the rest of the world. The scariest thing is that he's going to get re-elected.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Old 01-28-2004, 06:18 PM   #12
graywolf624
Regular User

he's really made a hash of the economy, and of our international relations. He has no decent sense of foreign policy etiquette, and by far he is the worst-speaking president I can ever remember having seen, and that includes all sorts of speeches by presidents ranging all the way back to the beginning of the 20th century.
He had nothing to do with the economy. Firstly presidents have no effect on the economy. Second the economy works on a delay affect. So the problems actually began during clintons time in office(not that it was clintons fault either).
Foreign policy- he told the un to stuff it. Whether it was a good thing or not is up for debate(aka what your opinion of why france and germany were out). Either way, it doesnt mean hes a bad president. He certainly isnt the imperialist they continually accuse him of. And anyone who compares him to hitler needs their head examined. I could point out how we needed a tough president on foreign policy. That pansy clinton let us got walked over. That would be an opinion. Neither stance makes that person a bad president.

And as for flubbs. Do I need to show you goreism page again(to demonstrate how they concentrate on bush unfairly?) or do I need to explain to you how theres no correlation between intelligence and public speaking. This is exactly what Im talking about. People listen to the media and dont see all the facts. Whether you agree with iraq or his take on several other issues. He hasnt hurt the country in any way. Neither makes him an idiot or a monster.
Old 01-28-2004, 06:28 PM   #13
graywolf624
Regular User

I decided to add something to economy statement. In 1996 Alan Greenspan called the economy a bubble saying we were experiencing irrational exuberance. He (easily the most powerful man in terms of money in the US) said that if not stopped we would get this recession(which by the numbers is a return to norm, not a catastrophy). He couldn't implement his fixes so we ended up in recession (no man controls the economy, we all do).
Old 01-28-2004, 06:46 PM   #14
Vansquish
Regular User

I agree..presidents don't have much of an effect on the economy, however, Bush continually talked it down as he was climbing the ladder to the presidency. I never compared him to Hitler, nor will I. Saddam is much closer on that count. I won't deny that Bush has his heart in the right place with regards to the country, but I cannot disregard the fact that he and many of his compatriots have interests at heart that run parallel to and sometimes at cross-purposes with the national interests.
He is an oilbaron, and he has oilbaron friends. I don't know whether or not that was a factor in Iraq, and I don't care to speculate on it. The idea that Bush wants to drill in Alaska, within our National Parks system and in doing so destroy much of what has been protected so diligently really fries me. He doesn't seem to have any interest in the environment. Witness the fact that during his presidency he helped put a loophole into place so that massive vehicles, i.e. large SUV's would get their owners tax-breaks (but only if the owners are in the highest tax bracket to begin with), and if you happen to be a company in search of fleet vehicles for work-related transportation, you can get the entire price of a brand new H2 written off as a work expense, that is better proof of his oil-ties, and questionable interests.
On a different angle, the idea of marriage being a sacred institution between a man and a woman is all well and good. What of the people who don't fall under that category? The LGBT community of the USA is not a small group. Millions of American men will never fall in love with a woman, but with a man, and the same goes for the Lesbian community. What right does the government have to say what Marriage is, and how it can be recognized. If marriage is a sacred vow between two loving individuals and it is verified in some sort of religious ceremony, then the government, by the nature of the United States Constitution cannot interfere. The separation between church and state has been thinning under the Bush regime, and when he is re-elected, it will likely fail even more severely.
Back on the foreign policy thing...
I cannot say that Clinton was perfect, I don't think that any president we've ever had could be thusly classified, but he was a truly brilliant speaker. He could hold an audience, make crucial points, and react to questions with intelligent answers. Bush, when asked direct questions about controversial topics, defaults to tangential conversations, and skirts the issue. If that is intelligence, then he has lots of it. Clinton made a hash of a couple of sorties in foreign countries, most notably the Chinese Embassy bombing and the fly-over bombardments he ordered. However, on the whole he managed to keep tensions low enough that they were below the boiling point. North Korea was not too unmanageable, the Palestinians and the Israelis were sitting and talking...there was one of the longest cease-fires in Israel's history during the Clinton administration. Bush cannot seem to act with any sort of international dignity. He makes remarks that are not well thought out, "crusades" etc..., and makes preemptive moves. The US has not gotten its reputation as a world power by first-strike operations. We have lost face, and if nothing else, that makes Bush unworthy of his position.

There is a difference between a bad president and a bad person. I do not think that Bush is evil or that he has malice for the people of our country, but I do not think he should be in this position of power.

Old 01-28-2004, 06:49 PM   #15
Vansquish
Regular User

I remember that statement by Greenspan, and he most definetely has the greatest impact on our economic numbers. However, by percentage, we experienced a greater fall than in the '29 stock market crash. Whether or not it was a "return to norm" it is still a stock market crash and it did impact the economy and lose thousands of people their jobs.

Closed Thread