Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 04-20-2005, 06:13 PM   #1
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Default GT5 details revealed!!!

So I was in class the other day and saw a kid with a PSM magazine. I said hey can I check out GT4? He said sure. I flip through pages looking for GT4 and through the corner of my eye I saw GT5! I was like WHOA! So I read and it said that there will be Damage and 10 times more realistic compared to GT4. Anyone else read this? Its in the newest version of PSM magazine with Darth Wader on the front cover.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:16 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

LOL dude, it's like when Mulder says "I want to believe"... we all want to believe damage and more than a lame 6 cars on track will be there in the next version, but then the release date will approach, 20 delays will come, and we will end up with no damage, no Porsche, Ferrari or Lambo, 6 cars on track and dumb AI as always
Old 04-20-2005, 06:20 PM   #3
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
LOL dude, it's like when Mulder says "I want to believe"... we all want to believe damage and more than a lame 6 cars on track will be there in the next version, but then the release date will approach, 20 delays will come, and we will end up with no damage, no Porsche, Ferrari or Lambo, 6 cars on track and dumb AI as always
Well thats what they said. I am not sure if PSM magazine is to trust but they said that KY talked about damage and that the folks at PSM told him to make the AI better. I will try and borrow the magazine from that kid or just go out and buy one and try to scan it.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:23 PM   #4
TT
Regular User

Remember when, right after GT3, there were already news about damage and changing weather for sure implemented in GT4 :roll:
Old 04-20-2005, 06:30 PM   #5
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Hahah thats true. But they are gonna be on the new more powerful PS3! So it can be a possiblity!
Old 04-20-2005, 06:30 PM   #6
tuffguy
Regular User

Well, there's always rumors and features that people expect. Assuming that GT5 will come out for the PS3, it should have better graphics, and it should be able to handle more than 6 cars. Damage... I don't care too much for that, especially since realistically, if you get in a crash at 100mph the car will no longer be driveable.
tuffguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 06:31 PM   #7
outrageusly

I think next time round its quite likely there could be proper damage, as there the ps3 will have much more processing capacity.. I guess it depends whether sony decide they want it to be a serious racing game or stupid arcade crap for 5 year olds
Old 04-20-2005, 06:34 PM   #8
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
I think next time round its quite likely there could be proper damage, as there the ps3 will have much more processing capacity.. I guess it depends whether sony decide they want it to be a serious racing game or stupid arcade crap for 5 year olds
Ya thats true. I wish it would go from that status its in rite now. I dont recall hearing anything on weather changes though. Plus this was only like 2 paragraphs. Anyone else read the magazine?
Old 04-20-2005, 06:34 PM   #9
Minacious
Regular User

I am right there with TT. I am tired of PD blowing smoke up my ass. I will simply wait for game to be released and then see what it really is. GT4 should be a perfect example of why not to get too excited when PD makes claims about what will be in their next version.
Old 04-20-2005, 06:36 PM   #10
TT
Regular User

The PS3 will be more powerfull, sure. Like the PS2 compared to the PSX.. and from GT2 to GT3 we didn't get damage, nor more than 6 cars. Just an AMAZING graphic improvement. PD could focus again in a bazilion polygons to finally have maybe 3D wheels and again no improvement in other fields ... we will see.. useless to discuss about it now, :bah:
Old 04-20-2005, 06:40 PM   #11
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
The PS3 will be more powerfull, sure. Like the PS2 compared to the PSX.. and from GT2 to GT3 we didn't get damage, nor more than 6 cars. Just an AMAZING graphic improvement. PD could focus again in a bazilion polygons to finally have maybe 3D wheels and again no improvement in other fields ... we will see.. useless to discuss about it now, :bah:
Ya thats true. As I said somewhere else on JW I wont buy the PS3 until GT5 is out and I see improvenments. I now come to think of it the PSM magazine might just be making up rurmors just like IGN. I guess ya can close the topic if ya like.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:19 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Too little too late.

GT5 will be still born..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 10:24 PM   #13
ZfrkS62
Regular User

I"m not even going to bother getting hyped for 5 at this point. Its not going to be out until 2009 at LEAST, so what's the point? :bah:

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 11:29 PM   #14
5vz-fe
Regular User

don't give a shit........it's all just rumours anyways.....
no doubt the graphics will be awesome tho, coz of the new PS3's ability.

I would still prefer no damage....coz there really is no point.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:03 PM   #15
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Well you see damage is there just to make the game a bit fun. I rember when I played the GTR demo I would race and have some fun but to damage the cars it was lots of fun!

BTW can we please have this topic closed or deleted? I dont want people to get all hyped up about GT5. Sorry bout the troubles.