Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 02-01-2005, 02:25 PM   #1
Chaos in 1983!
Regular User

Default Need some opinions...

Hey I'm making these posters for a design and construction company...they're gonna hang them in their offices to show people some of their work and stuff....so I would like some opinions on them...please be honest and critic, I'm very interested in both good and bad critics since I'll be selling this and a lot of people will see this once their printed.

Photographs are taken by me and retouched in PS a bit...could use some opinions on this as well from TT and the photograph wizzes around here, because I'll be taking more pics...

please see them in full view...thanx!!

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14238882/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14239037/
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14238601/

"You stick to building tractors and I will stick to building sports cars" -Enzo Ferrari to Ferruccio Lamborghini...
Chaos in 1983! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 03:08 PM   #2
Blip
Regular User

well im no expert on this but here's what i think.

* 1st poster looks the most professional. Nice see-through pattern on the right, as well as the over riding thumbnails give a more postery kind of feeling.

* 2nd poster: Maybe you could zoom out a little, so that the air conditioner on the wall will not be as visible. Or just photoshop it out

* 3rd: Have you thought of moving a little to the left when taking the photo, so that the white wall part under the stairs and above the letter AZA will not show.

hope that helps

Drive it like you stole it !
Blip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005, 03:08 PM   #3
adamwich
Regular User

All the pictures are great.
The classic style, with nothing fancy to disturb the viewer, is really beautiful!
I think that the first picture* is the best, but it would be even better if you vere able to see the top of the roof - as brembo said in his post!

Keep up the good work.

*Poster 2
Old 02-01-2005, 03:45 PM   #4
Minacious
Regular User

Well with the first pic, everybody hit the nail on the head. Great looking shot, but the top of the building being cut off brings it down a few points.

The second shot I would pull out just a little, but it isn't necessary. The one thing that stands out for me is the company name. The most important thing when incorporating a company name/logo is having it be easy readable, even from a distance away. With the name hovering over that part of the stairway you lose some of it in the shadow. Not a huge problem, but noticable.

The third pic, another nice shot. What I would do is move the 3 little pics to flow along the bottom half of the swoosh that you have there. The pics where they are currently seem like an afterthought. Having them follow the lines of the swoosh will make it seem like a more complete thought about composition. Also don't overlap them. You want to be able to see the entire pic in this case.
Old 02-01-2005, 05:12 PM   #5
jasc
Regular User

The third one is the best, but it looks slightly "unbalanced." The inlayed photos should be offset by right justifying the company name/logo (I think it looks a bit off when centred like that).
Old 02-01-2005, 06:55 PM   #6
TT
Regular User

IMO they are very good! I agree with Ronin for the first one, too much cutting on that roof, but globally the are damn good, light and colors are perfect, really don't see how to improve them more than this!
Old 02-01-2005, 07:01 PM   #7
styla21
Regular User

Agreed. Posters 2 & 3 are great! Nothing wrong with one IMO, i just prefered the others. Great work! keep us posted..