Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-09-2004, 07:21 AM   #1
pilone
Regular User

Default Renault Clio Sport 2.0 Vs Mini Cooper S Vs Honda Civic Type

Hi everybody!!!!
That new topic is for who likes " small " cars like me.
I selected three cars and please say me wich one you prefer not just looking at top speed or acceleration. Look to the pictures too!!
These are tecnical specifications:

Renault Clio Sport 2.0:
Price ( Europe ) 21.651 Euros
Weight 1035 Kg
Top speed 224 Km/h
Acceleration 7 sec.

Mini Cooper S:
Price ( Europe ) 22.601 Euros
Weight 1140 Kg
Top speed 217 Km/h
Acceleration 8 sec.

Honda Civic Type R:
Price ( Europe ) 23.451 Euros
Weight 1205 Kg
Top speed 235 Km/h
Acceleration 6.6 sec.

[/img]
pilone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 07:32 AM   #2
Mopsdrops
Regular User

i would take the CTR overall but the looks are terrible IMO, but still my choise. from the looks i'd take the clio. :shock: 8)
Old 08-09-2004, 07:49 AM   #3
SDK2003
Regular User

I would also take the Honda CTR and I quite like how it looks.
The other cars are quicker to 60mhp than your figures as well. The Clio is roughly the same as the CTR up to 80mph and the Mini CS is a touch slower

|| Canon 20D x2 | 17-40L | 24-70L | 100 USM Macro | 100-400L IS | 580EX ||
SDK2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 12:22 PM   #4
coombsie66
Regular User

Having driven a cooper s that my mum had as a courtesy car the other week, i can say that i was not impressed. The driving position is shite, serious lack of cabin space for the overall dimensions of the car, its not that quick.
It did have a nice shift tho (even tho the ratio's were far too long) and good brakes, and did handle well (well balanced).
Ive heard great things about the clio, and there are just too many CTR's about now. So i'd go for the clio too!
Old 08-09-2004, 03:17 PM   #5
TransAm
Regular User

The CTR, every time. It's built in the UK for a start!!

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 04:00 PM   #6
mindgam3
Regular User

The cooper S is slower than both, but has a great chassis and opposite to what coombsie66 said, it has a great driving position, maybe didnt adjust your seat enough. The clio and the civic are almost exactly the same around a track although i think the cup version of the clio would outpace the civic as it has a better chassis. I think the civic looks great though and has a great engine and gearbox. Id go for the clio though
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 04:34 PM   #7
jorge
Regular User

I would take the Civic, but i think the 3 cars are very good.
jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2004, 12:23 AM   #8
Daggernite
Regular User

Well for starters I just dont like clio's. I like the mini quite alot and I've had quite along time behind the wheel of one, Since thats what I passed my test in,So I know thats a great car, even if it was'nt a cooperS, I'm guess a cooperS must be alot better. But I think the looks of the TypeR and figure,,, AND reviews tell me that I'd choose a typeR. even if they are alil too high at the back.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 11:25 AM   #9
coombsie66
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
The cooper S is slower than both, but has a great chassis and opposite to what coombsie66 said, it has a great driving position, maybe didnt adjust your seat enough. The clio and the civic are almost exactly the same around a track although i think the cup version of the clio would outpace the civic as it has a better chassis. I think the civic looks great though and has a great engine and gearbox. Id go for the clio though
Well, my mate has a cooper, and he has managed to adjust the seat into a more reasonable position than i achieved in the cooper s, but it still aint that great, you are still sat too high IMO and the reach to the steering wheel too long, if you are positioned right for the pedals.
Have you driven a mini? Cus i swear i can remember numerous mini reviews by car magazines and shows stating that the driving position was pants.
Old 08-11-2004, 11:57 AM   #10
X-ale
Regular User

the mini looks better than the rest but the clio cup performs more so... anyway if your going compact, better look good cuz you ain't gonna impress much in any situation really.
Old 08-11-2004, 03:29 PM   #11
Nik^XeN
Regular User

Im going with the Clio!
I dont think the mini is that great and the Civic is nice and good, but it end there
Old 08-11-2004, 03:37 PM   #12
SPEED_DEMON82
Regular User

Clio for sure !!!
SPEED_DEMON82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 03:42 PM   #13
FordGTGuy

Clio is best.
Old 08-17-2004, 02:41 PM   #14
capore
Regular User

Although they are considered as similar cars, from my point of view they are very different. I mean: The CTR is a radical car, a machine to be used on a track only, to have racing experiences (remember that except the ABS, it hasn't got any other electronic help) and not to be used on long trips (unless you want to have your back hurt . Imagine going for 500 miles with those hard baqets ). Its prize is good enough, but I don't see this car to be daily used.
The Mini Cooper S: This car is a bit expensive and doesn't transmit the same sensations as the Clio or the CTR. It's fine to be driven and it has got enough power to put a smile in your face (by driving it on a mountain way for example, or even on a highway). But I wouldn't choose it.
The Clio: Well, I haven't chosen neither the CTR nor the Mini, so I have to choose the Clio, don't I? . Without any doubt is the best one. May be in a track isn't as good as the CTR, but it is more useful, you can go to buy with it (an aspect to be consider, the room inside the car), etc.
capore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2004, 02:56 PM   #15
ViperASR
Regular User

I think that the Civic Type R is the best of the three. Given the money, i would defanitly have to buy it. It is naturally asperated, makes the most horsepower, and is th fastest to 60. If i was to buy a Mini Cooper S, i would have to get the John Works Cooper package, to get the 200hp out of the car. The mini has the best handling and the best chassis and suspension. If i had the time and the money, i would put a better suspension on the Type R. That would make that car a bat outta hell!!!!
The Civic also looks the raciest. The Clio looks like gracery go getter, and the mini looks like a chick car. If you get it in siver, or black, or the dark blue with the black stripes, it looks cool. Yet, the Civic Type R looks te best in any color. The body kit is tastefully done.
My brother owns a 1999 Honda Civic SI blue. It has adjustable shocks all the way around, 16" wheels wrapped in Yokahamas. We autocross it on a regular basis. Its a wonderful car to drive, if driven correctly, it will no understeer, and can be perswaed into oversteer if you want. With the right driver, it will own all, exept those who have way too much $$$$ :fist: .

Jermy Clarkson, "You can drop the kids off at school, and drive home, like your trousers are on fire"-the best explination of hot hatches

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote