Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 07-25-2004, 06:20 AM   #1
v0od0o
Regular User

Default Koenigsegg or Zonda ?

I was thinkin the other day which car is the better one, or which one I'd buy if I had the money.
Personally I think the zonda is overly publicised now, I'd get the koenigsegg, the figures are close but the koenigsegg is better at least on paper. I also happen to like the koenigsegg's styling better. And it has the extra convenience of a removable roof.
On paper the koenigsegg should run zero to hero in 3.0 secs and max out at 242 mph while the zonda claims 3.6 seconds and 220 mph.
On price front (should u care to ask) the koenigsegg is around 16% more expensive than the zonda but then again it has around 100 bhp more.

So which one would u choose ? :roll:
Old 07-25-2004, 06:23 AM   #2
Mopsdrops
Regular User

Difficult question...But i'd take a Koenigsegg: like the front especially and its fast, very fast. I will then take a black one
Old 07-25-2004, 10:18 AM   #3
BADMIHAI
Regular User

I think the Zonda is a better car overall: build quality, handling, high speed stability, engine...the lot. It would be a very hard decision for me to pick just one. If I had the money I'd probably pick both. If I really had to choose I'd have to drive them first.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 10:32 AM   #4
Ford Capri 2.8i
Regular User

I get the zonda as well....due to a light car accompanied by a big and proficient engine....anyway........ill follow the next sentence: ill get the worse of them
Ford Capri 2.8i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 10:39 AM   #5
v0od0o
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
no contest....the Zonda is a far superior car. Design, style, sophistication, and speed.
Speed !?
The koenigsegg has 110 more bhp, 0.5 seconds faster to 60 and with 22 mph more top speed, how is the zonda faster then !?
I think this serves to prove my point, the zonda has gotten more than its fair share of publicity.....
Old 07-25-2004, 10:41 AM   #6
5.7 V10
Regular User

My second favorite car.. the Zonda. The Koenigsegg looks good, but i don't like that interior or engine. The Zonda is my choice, with it's beautiful group C styled styling. It's amazing attention to detail, the carbon fibre, quality interior. The big awesome 7.3 litre Mercedes powerplant, which develops 553 ft-lbs of torque @ 4,050 rpm

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 10:46 AM   #7
5.7 V10
Regular User

Originally Posted by v0od0o
Originally Posted by everso
no contest....the Zonda is a far superior car. Design, style, sophistication, and speed.
Speed !?
The koenigsegg has 110 more bhp, 0.5 seconds faster to 60 and with 22 mph more top speed, how is the zonda faster then !?
I think this serves to prove my point, the zonda has gotten more than its fair share of publicity.....
Ok, first. The Zonda deserves it's publicity because it's such a damn good car. Second, you are using claims. By rights, the CC8 should destroy the Zonda. But no, Zonda beat the CC8S on the Top Gear track. When Autocar tested the the Koenigsegg. It took the CC8S 4.4 seocnds to get to 60 and 8.4 seconds to 100. They found the CC8S took a laughable 10.2 seconds to accelerate from 50-70mph at top gear while Pagani Zonda C12S needed only 4.4 sec.

It may look good on paper, but i wouldn't trust company claims to much.

To quote Autozine

"Much of the blame must go to the Vortec supercharger. It is a centrifugal-type supercharger, unlike the screw-type supercharger used by other supercars such as Mercedes SLR, SL55AMG and Ford GT. Centrifugal-type superchargers are very much like turbochargers except that their turbines are driven by crank instead of exhaust gas. Their advantage is high power gain, which the Koenigsegg needs to get most from its 4.7-litre capacity. The disadvantage is weak boost when the turbine is not spinning quick enough, just like turbochargers. They also cause some throttle delay, similar to turbo lag, as Evo experienced in the Koenigsegg. "

5.7 V10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 11:21 AM   #8
Max Power

The Koenigsegg, just for those doors, everything else is useless, u can't exactly do 240 mph while passing Corollas, so unless u r going for the Gumball, Koenigseeg's doors make it appealing to me
Max Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 12:57 PM   #9
jorge
Regular User

Good question. I really like both cars, but given the choice i would get a Zonda, it seems to be a very high-quality product.
jorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 01:08 PM   #10
yg60m
Regular User

Very hard question for me, same prices, same high tech, both have personality and very good performances (even if only the Zonda proved to reach the claimed perf, the Koenigsegg being a little disappointed on Autocar and Auto Hebdo tests).
I like both designs (with maybe a small advange for the Koenigsegg) really i can't choose ...
Old 07-25-2004, 03:18 PM   #11
vexor
Regular User

Koenigsegg will do it for me. I just love the doors on that car, and the detachable roof, plus it's one of the fastest cars on the planet.

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 03:25 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Zonda - no contest.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 04:39 PM   #13
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Koenigsegg...evil...dark...angry
Old 07-25-2004, 07:15 PM   #14
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

I'm really surprised that so many people are saying that the Koenigsegg performs better...and thats why they would get it, it does have a lot more power but I dont think its enough to shy away from getting a zonda...the quality on the cars has been proven, and the look on the inside of the car is stunning!

If I were able to get a car in this price range I would get a car that would perform well and would be reliable and that is definitely a Zonda not a Konigsegg
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2004, 09:31 PM   #15
IgotWRXed
Regular User

Zonda roadster will solve all the problems

IgotWRXed is offline   Reply With Quote