Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 07-07-2004, 07:27 PM   #1
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Default What do you do to kill time?

As some of you might have known, I ordered a few things recently for my computer. One part that I am still waiting for is my case. Here is the story:

So after starring at pictures of cases for the last 12 months, I agreed to purchase my self a new computer case. I wanted a decent case for a long time, at the moment I have an El Chepo 40$ case which does look quite alright, but its getting to small and the temperatures inside that thing are in the desert territory.
So...I find a case that I really like, its an Antec SX1000II VAR II. Nice beige case, no windows or any bullshit like that. I hate lights on computers, to me its like rice...anyway I grab the credit card and buy it. After waiting for 3 or so days it still has not been shipped. So just before I started writting a letter to these people, I get an email from them saying that my case is on delay since they do not have it in stock although their site says "In Stock ". They wrote down some excuse which made it all sound nice and sweet. So I figured its a 1 or 2 day delay...I work at a computer store and when things are late, they usualy arrive day after the original date of arival. But no, I had to wait for something like 10days for them to ship me the case. And the place is in Canada, 8 hour drive from were I live.
So 10 or so days pass and Im on the verge of writting them a letter asking for a refund. And just like before I get an email from Canada post saying that the product has been shipped and its going to be here today July7. WEEEEE Im jumping from joy. So I dont go to work because I figured that Im going to move the computer in the new case blah blah blah......and guess what. The bitchass post office fucker does not bring the case to my bloody door and leaves a delivery notice saying that I should come to the post office tomorrow to pick up the parcel.
And the reason why I bought this case of this place is because usualy I get stuff the next day.

Sometimes I wish I did not have that credit card so I can go and buy things localy.

So here I am pissed to the bone, mad at the world waiting for that damn case for almost half a month now. Its 7.29PM the weather is shit, and I can only get my hands on the case tomorrow after 1.

So what to do? Nothing on the damn TV, weather to bad to BBQ or anything like that. No cash to go anywere.....no games to play and the only thing on my mind is that case................

Life is unfair!

P.S Did anyone actually read this?
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 07:42 PM   #2
TT
Regular User

When I am bored and I don't have videos to watch (never happened since JW opened its doors), I search for a topic like this, read it and post an useless comment
Old 07-07-2004, 07:47 PM   #3
SFDMALEX
Regular User

LOL. Looks like my post count is going up big time today
Old 07-07-2004, 08:01 PM   #4
SilviaS15Cwest
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
When I am bored and I don't have videos to watch (never happened since JW opened its doors), I search for a topic like this, read it and post an useless comment
Hey, me too!

My toy - 1991 BMW 525i - Factory installed option limited slip, upgraded BMW rims, leather everything, Falken Ziex tires. - 189 hp, 181 tq
R/T .098
60' 2.618
330 7.311
1/8 [email protected]
1000 14.444
1/4 [email protected] ([email protected] altitude corrected.)
NEEDS TO BE FASTER! Changing a couple things and hoping for low 16's next time.
Pics at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/529151/1
SilviaS15Cwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 08:48 PM   #5
gis
Regular User

fall asleep on my keyboard

if i am not tired i just watch sum movies,mainly at night like now.its 1:5am so its the time i watch my DVD's.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 08:58 PM   #6
blinkmeat
Regular User

smoke up
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:20 PM   #7
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by blinkmeat
smoke up
If you mean Tobbaco, nahh I dont smoke. Now cigars is a different story but I dont have any.

If you mean ganja I dont smoke it anymore, plus you never smoke by your self.

Im trying to eat as much as possible so I can fall asleep early.
Old 07-07-2004, 09:47 PM   #8
chipanggo
Regular User

when i'm bored at home, i switch on my ps2 and play any game i get my hands on to.
chipanggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 09:52 PM   #9
Gimp
Regular User

Go out with friends
Old 07-07-2004, 09:55 PM   #10
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by Gimp
Go out with friends
Read above. No cash, bad weather :cry:

chipanggo- I have something like 30 games for my xbox which I havent played but its not my thing I just collect games so my friends can play something when they come over.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:00 PM   #11
SilviaS15Cwest
Regular User

You cant find a single game that would keep your attention for an hour or two?

My toy - 1991 BMW 525i - Factory installed option limited slip, upgraded BMW rims, leather everything, Falken Ziex tires. - 189 hp, 181 tq
R/T .098
60' 2.618
330 7.311
1/8 [email protected]
1000 14.444
1/4 [email protected] ([email protected] altitude corrected.)
NEEDS TO BE FASTER! Changing a couple things and hoping for low 16's next time.
Pics at http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/529151/1
SilviaS15Cwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2004, 10:13 PM   #12
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by SilviaS15Cwest
You cant find a single game that would keep your attention for an hour or two?
Maybe....I got this Cronnicles of Riddick, its like an adventure game or something.......might try it out.
Old 07-07-2004, 10:16 PM   #13
SamuraiGti
Regular User

lol it's difficult there =\

i'm with the same "story" here about nothing to do, here are already 3.20 am, i going to see if i get some sleep.

don't want much but there is nothing to do =\

"Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall, torque is how far you take the wall with you."
SamuraiGti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2004, 01:31 AM   #14
HAGGE

I'm sure there's something you could do m8.. read a book, play a game, watch some videos, watch pron, clean my car, make a souffle, spam the forums...........................

Old 07-08-2004, 01:43 AM   #15
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by Dan\/6
I'm sure there's something you could do m8.. read a book, play a game, watch some videos, watch pron, clean my car, make a souffle, spam the forums...........................

... have a fuck