Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 01-22-2007, 02:55 PM   #16
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by ViperASR
Where did you get the ability to copy the firmware and change it and such. I'm new to this whole thing (obviously) and only have one friend with a hacked XBOX (original).
There are many free tutorials and tools used to do this on the net.

Basicly you hook up the xbox 360's drive to your pc's compatible SATA connector and then use a utility to download the firmware from the drive onto your PC, after adding in your own unique console ID details you just re-flash the drive back again with the hacked firmware, then its just a case of enjoying free gaming.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:58 PM   #17
ViperASR
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba
Originally Posted by ViperASR
Where did you get the ability to copy the firmware and change it and such. I'm new to this whole thing (obviously) and only have one friend with a hacked XBOX (original).
There are many free tutorials and tools used to do this on the net.

Basicly you hook up the xbox 360's drive to your pc's compatible SATA connector and then use a utility to download the firmware from the drive onto your PC, after adding in your own unique console ID details you just re-flash the drive back again with the hacked firmware.
Sounds tempting, and like fun

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
ViperASR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:00 PM   #18
Jabba
Regular User

If it goes right then yes, if it doesn't, well I guess you will regret it big time.

If you cant afford to break it, then I guess you should pass, or get a professional to do it for you.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:02 PM   #19
ViperASR
Regular User

If it goes right then yes, if it doesn't, well I guess you will regret it big time.

If you cant afford to break it, then I guess you should pass, or get a professional to do it for you.
yea, I'm more then happy playing my 360 without hacking it, and it wouldnt be worth the $400 risk, plus losing the $50 warrenty

"plus being able call your penis master chief during sex has got to be comical at least once"-gis
Old 01-22-2007, 03:08 PM   #20
Jabba
Regular User

hmm, funny thing is, I wouldn't have bought it, unless it could be hacked to play "backup" games, as I cant afford to waste £39.99 on a game. In fact I am some times annoyed to waste 80p on a DL disc to put them on.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:16 PM   #21
ViperASR
Regular User

hmm, funny thing is, I wouldn't have bought it, unless it could be hacked to play "backup" games, as I cant afford to waste £39.99 on a game. In fact I am some times annoyed to waste 80p on a DL disc to put them on.
yea, the games are rediculously expensive, but I dont play that many games, and I only have 4 360 games as of now, and only plan on purchasing 3 games this year (Fuzion Frenzy 2, Forza 2, and Halo 3 if they ever get around to releasing it). IDK, its hella tempting, but I really dont want to void that warrenty. Perhaps I will do it in 2 years when the warrenty runs out and there will be alot more games available to DL, as it seems like I wont be purcahsing that many games.

Old 01-22-2007, 03:24 PM   #22
Jabba
Regular User

The only games I have played more than once so far, and will therefore buy are fight night 3 and top spin 2. I just finished downloading gears of war so that might be another keeper. All the other games I have thrown in the bin inc pgr3.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:26 PM   #23
gis
Regular User

the games are quite expensive,they are starting to drop now,shops sold at £50 when first released,but now dropping to online prices,luckily my dad is in to the xbox 360,even bought his own console,lol so majority of games we go 50/50 on so it aint as bad.

Jabba have you played elder scrolls 4 oblivion?

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #24
ViperASR
Regular User

The only games I have played more than once so far, and will therefore buy are fight night 3 and top spin 2. I just finished downloading gears of war so that might be another keeper. All the other games I have thrown in the bin inc pgr3.
I guess it is a really good option for trying out games, but I am happy with all my games (except really NFS:Most Wanted, which I dont really play anymore).

Old 01-22-2007, 04:21 PM   #25
TopGearNL
Regular User

Gears of War is one of those games that never get boring
Old 01-22-2007, 04:23 PM   #26
gis
Regular User

i agree with you there mate,i played over xmas and new year gears of war and ive done it on all 3 difficulty levels (insane done on co-op with my cousin) but i still think the game rocks,shame it wasnt any longer,thats the only thing bad about the game,to short

reason i asked if jabba played oblivion is because ive had it since release,goin back maybe 9 months now,and im still playing it,the game is huge and fun to play

Old 01-22-2007, 04:35 PM   #27
TopGearNL
Regular User

/\/\ Yeah I know somebody who is addicted to it too
Old 01-22-2007, 04:51 PM   #28
gis
Regular User

it was the first game i played on my HDTV,thats why i took the pic i posted,lol.i started it on a regular TV and thought it was great graphics.but on the HDTV its amazing.id like to see it on jabbas setup,lol

Old 01-23-2007, 07:03 AM   #29
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis

Jabba have you played elder scrolls 4 oblivion?
Nope not as yet, I didnt even get to try gow last night due to a damn power cutt until 2:30am.

I will put it on my list to get next though, thanks for the tip 8)
Old 02-11-2007, 06:14 PM   #30
gis
Regular User

Well the part ive been waiting for to make use of the HDTV......being able to watch HD DVD's.i always said the easiest way for me and cheapest would be to add this..

the HD DVD drive for the xbox 360 ,as 360 owners will know in the UK the HD DVD drive has been VERY hard to get hold of since release.Thanks to a friends brother who works at GAME,he kindly "put one aside".......a phonecall......a drive....and a discount later i got my hands on the HD DVD drive.

pics taken off my mobile phone so not great,but you get the idea
This is the only film i have so far.hope to get more soon