Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 05-13-2006, 11:17 PM   #16
5vz-fe
Regular User

Given the constant delay of GT4, I guess we shall expect GT5 in say 2008? LOL Please, remove the 50 different kinds of camera clicks. Just buy the freaking AI from Forza.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:13 AM   #17
Evo
Regular User

Hey guys sorry for the stupid question but when is the new PS3 going to come out and when is GT5 going to be released.. I really hope the same day they release the PS3..
Old 05-14-2006, 12:38 AM   #18
Minacious
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evo
Hey guys sorry for the stupid question but when is the new PS3 going to come out and when is GT5 going to be released.. I really hope the same day they release the PS3..
The PS3 is being released in the US, November of this year, not sure about your neck of the woods. GT5 will not be a launch title.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:31 AM   #19
TT
Regular User

The PS3 will be launched worldwide in November apparently. First Japan and 6 days later the rest of the world, that's what I read
Old 05-14-2006, 03:36 AM   #20
5vz-fe
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
The PS3 will be launched worldwide in November apparently. First Japan and 6 days later the rest of the world, that's what I read
Expect a lot of them ending up on Ebay with a remarkable price tag.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:49 AM   #21
TT
Regular User

YOu mean the Japanese one? With the previous consoles it made sense since the delay for western countries was pretty big. Acutally even the delay between Europe and USA, that's why I got an US PS2 at first. But now that the delay is less than a week, I don't really see why somebody would bust 1000+ dollars on an import consoles bought online (and with shipping times and all, it would reach the buyer after the launch in his country).
Old 05-14-2006, 11:29 AM   #22
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by Evo
Nov 11th for Japan and 17th for usa
Old 05-14-2006, 11:30 AM   #23
DeMoN
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity
there are license stipulations that a car cannot be shown broken... so anything more then what PGR has is unlikely IMO
can you expand more on that? I never heard or read anything about this. So basically, you cant show a smashed up car why?
Old 05-14-2006, 12:15 PM   #24
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
there are license stipulations that a car cannot be shown broken... so anything more then what PGR has is unlikely IMO
can you expand more on that? I never heard or read anything about this. So basically, you cant show a smashed up car why?
I think because of the various companies view on the PR of having smashed up cars... have it look good all the time.

with true racing games, (including nascar games) they show tons of damage, but they dont buy the licence from Ford/GM/Toyota/DXC specifically... but rather the licence is obtained from NASCAR, and the various teams... and since you are getting the "decals" in the game, there is also more advertising suddenly

why do they have good crashes? because crashes are part of racing... part of the specticle... with production cars, crashes really aren't part of the mystique.

that said, i'd much rather have bits of glass flying around, a hood flying off... tires bursting, a wheel passing by etc. after a crash... it would encurage people to do better hot laps... and such.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:09 PM   #25
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by DeMoN
I think because of the various companies view on the PR of having smashed up cars... have it look good all the time.

with true racing games, (including nascar games) they show tons of damage, but they dont buy the licence from Ford/GM/Toyota/DXC specifically... but rather the licence is obtained from NASCAR, and the various teams... and since you are getting the "decals" in the game, there is also more advertising suddenly

why do they have good crashes? because crashes are part of racing... part of the specticle... with production cars, crashes really aren't part of the mystique.

that said, i'd much rather have bits of glass flying around, a hood flying off... tires bursting, a wheel passing by etc. after a crash... it would encurage people to do better hot laps... and such.
I agree with that...I'd love to have damage in GT, as it would encourage cleaner laps, cleaner races, less bumping and shoving, and no r iding the wall like has been possible in the other versions of GT. On the other hand, there are certainly games out there that took licenses directly from auto manufacturers and had visible damage. Forza, the Need For Speed series (from 2 onwards), Test Drive and a variety of others. Granted, the number of cars and manufacturers in those games was far lower than GT, but the damage still exists.

my Hindibonics-speaking Indian roommate--"Dawgs, do you have any idea how much bacteria that would take?"
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 05:17 PM   #26
Daggernite
Regular User

That Kazunori bloke who is the creator said that in GT4 he did want damage, but unless all manufacters agreed to have damage he could'nt include it. So it could potentially be just a few car makers that wont agree to having there cars get smashed up on the game.
Daggernite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 02:44 PM   #27
DeMoN
Regular User

Exactly, to make it more real, as in, take care of your car rather than bump oponent off, is why I want realistic dmg. If they cant show the car messed up, they should at least add a damage bar or a little picture of the car looked from above and color from yellow to red and when something essential gets to red, you have to fix the car. That would add the difficulty w/o visually messing up the car.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:02 AM   #28
taygunho
Regular User

Bike VS. cars would be bad IMO. But damage and better AI would be better.