Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 08-27-2005, 05:47 PM   #31
topgeartom
Regular User

Originally Posted by Sir_GT
Originally Posted by antonioledesma
Originally Posted by topgeartom
just because your weened up on a mix of shit american telly doesnt mean its wrong to use decent english every now and then.
no, don't watch too much american telly, but more than british. I only get BBC world here and... omg... infinite channels with american shows.
If you really write like that, I would gladly read more of your works. It's always nice to read more word than "niiice, great dude" and everything I post
Your ignorance of European cultures shines like the sun, at noon, over the mexican desert.

There's nothing "posh" at all about crikey, bloody, and the rest of the UK-sourced expressions. The majority of the UK isn't what the Americans lead you to believe: i.e. posh, snobby, and ride horses with their noses turned up.

Maybe you should try travelling abroad sometime. You might just enjoy it.

Or your brain might just overdose on the reality of the real world, and you would just tip over and die.

Anyway, back to topic: Even after visiting the marketing machine-slash-website, my opinion still hasn't changed. It's dull. It's a big disappointment. It is just so glaringly obvious that Jaguar played it safe with the XK, just like Ford did with the new Focus, and ended up with something that isn't really sexy, doesn't really have any presence, and lacks any imagination at all.

It's a dull car. Period. And it's going to take a lot of effort from Top Gear and rest of the UK car magazines to sell this thing outside of the UK.
wow, but who the hell was that aimed at?
Old 08-27-2005, 05:50 PM   #32
topgeartom
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
sorry to disappoint you TGT, but hte front lights do remind me of a Hyundai's...and the rest does indeed remind me of Aston Martins, although the original XKR/XK8 also looked alot like the DB7.
like on the XK180.
now there's a car they should've produced, it was one of the best looking concepts ever!
Aside from the hyundai bit, why does everyone seem to think that the fact it resembles an aston is a bad thing?
Old 08-27-2005, 06:00 PM   #33
gucom
Regular User

well not per se cos astons are beautiful its jsut that...AM and jaguar (XK) are both ultra-british luxury sports cars, they should both have an own identity, also in looks i think...
Old 08-27-2005, 06:04 PM   #34
topgeartom
Regular User

well not per se cos astons are beautiful its jsut that...AM and jaguar (XK) are both ultra-british luxury sports cars, they should both have an own identity, also in looks i think...
Fair point, but everything is becoming so similar these days that its almost impossible to take an indivudal look without the car looking a complete shower of shit. Just look at the new focus. the old version was so futuristic and modern in its design that it instantly set the trend, then every car in the sector copied it, so now the new one looks dull, and like it is a copy of all the other euro shitboxes tooling around these days
Old 08-27-2005, 06:21 PM   #35
gobs3z
Regular User

Trying to bring a positive note, the guages are absolutey gorgeous as usual and they'll bring a supercharged version out with 390hp which is more than efficient for that car, but all in all i think it turned out the way it was supposed to, with a lot of elegance.

"If we could read the secret histories of our enemies, we would find in each story enough sorrow and suffering to disarm all hostility." Longfellow
gobs3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2005, 07:02 PM   #36
HeilSvenska
Regular User

gucom wrote:
sorry to disappoint you TGT, but hte front lights do remind me of a Hyundai's...and the rest does indeed remind me of Aston Martins, although the original XKR/XK8 also looked alot like the DB7.
Quote:

like on the XK180.

now there's a car they should've produced, it was one of the best looking concepts ever!

Aside from the hyundai bit, why does everyone seem to think that the fact it resembles an aston is a bad thing?
What's wrong with the Hyundai Coupé? Anyways, we, the buyers, have only ourselves to blame. In this cruel world of marketing wars, safety and environmental regulations, and undemanding buyers, the designers arerestrained from creating cars that actually matter, like they used to in the 60's and the 70's and so on.

I heard that Ian Cullum's first design proposal was more "Jaguar" and more radical, but the top-brass of Jaguar and Ford thought that it would scare off US buyers, so they went for what we have here.
Old 08-27-2005, 09:32 PM   #37
JaguarEtype
Regular User

HeilSvenska
I heard that Ian Cullum's first design proposal was more "Jaguar" and more radical, but the top-brass of Jaguar and Ford thought that it would scare off US buyers, so they went for what we have here.
damn...still it makes you wish they did make the XK180.. or even the F-Type... what ever happend to that concept anyways........??
but there is no denying that most cars companies are slowly blending in to each others styles except for porsche and range rover.. i dont think theyve changed in 30 years
JaguarEtype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 12:51 AM   #38
antonioledesma
Regular User

just because your weened up on a mix of shit american telly doesnt mean its wrong to use decent english every now and then.
no, don't watch too much american telly, but more than british. I only get BBC world here and... omg... infinite channels with american shows.
If you really write like that, I would gladly read more of your works. It's always nice to read more word than "niiice, great dude" and everything I post
Your ignorance of European cultures shines like the sun, at noon, over the mexican desert.

There's nothing "posh" at all about crikey, bloody, and the rest of the UK-sourced expressions. The majority of the UK isn't what the Americans lead you to believe: i.e. posh, snobby, and ride horses with their noses turned up.

Or your brain might just overdose on the reality of the real world, and you would just tip over and die.

Anyway, back to topic: Even after visiting the marketing machine-slash-website, my opinion still hasn't changed. It's dull. It's a big disappointment. It is just so glaringly obvious that Jaguar played it safe with the XK, just like Ford did with the new Focus, and ended up with something that isn't really sexy, doesn't really have any presence, and lacks any imagination at all.

It's a dull car. Period. And it's going to take a lot of effort from Top Gear and rest of the UK car magazines to sell this thing outside of the UK.
to me. But I'm trying to understand how my ignorance showed in my posts
maybe me with my ignorant english didn't make myself clear.
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 02:38 PM   #39
Sir_GT
Regular User

Not at you matey.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:45 PM   #40
topgeartom
Regular User

Not at you matey.
lol! phew!
Old 08-28-2005, 03:00 PM   #41
antonioledesma
Regular User

[Your ignorance of European cultures shines like the sun, at noon, over the mexican desert.

but please tell me where the hell I showed more of my real-world ignorance. Or my third-world-brownie brain does not tune your shit throwing posts??

or you are always that cocky and close-minded?
sorry your assholliness :roll:
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2005, 03:12 PM   #42
gucom
Regular User

feel the love and the warmth just radiate from this peaceful forum where car lovers debate cars instead of the usual bickering that goes on at other places, but not here at JW...*utopia mode OFF*
Old 08-28-2005, 03:39 PM   #43
topgeartom
Regular User

feel the love and the warmth just radiate from this peaceful forum where car lovers debate cars instead of the usual bickering that goes on at other places, but not here at JW...*utopia mode OFF*
Welcome back to earth.