Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 11-07-2004, 09:45 AM   #16
dingo
Regular User

they must be, because I checked a couple of sources just in case my memory had failed me and they all state its a quad-turbo V12.
Old 11-07-2004, 10:10 AM   #17
astonmartinandy
Regular User

The EB110 is definitely "only" 4 turbos lol. As for the lap times, I would say that the CGT and the Enzo are faster round a circuit than the F1. Then again, JC knows that all of the newer supercars will be faster round their circuit - he was just on about which would be more enjoyable to drive round
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:19 PM   #18
Vansquish
Regular User

I sincerely doubt that the Mclaren F1 would beat the CGT or the Enzo, it was designed to be more useable on the road, and as a result some compromises were made. It doesn't produce the kinds of downforce, prodigious grip, nor braking power that the CGT, SLR and Enzo can. As a result, I would be surprised if it could outpace the F40/F50 by much on the TG test track. The EB110SS might give the supercars of the late 90's a run for their money, but the XJ220 beating the F40...that's a bit too much to hope. The XJ220 was much heavier, and had terrible brakes, so to match up with the F40, some serious upgrades would've had to be made. The TWR XJ220S might've been some serious competition even for the EB110SS, F40, F50, and probably even the Mclaren F1.
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 03:03 PM   #19
SnakeBitten
Regular User

The Mclaren in my sig would beat the Enzo though...Its more comparable to the Enzo than the regular F1 since it has downforce like the Enzo and is track oriented like the Enzo....At 120 mph it would stick to the roof 8)
Old 11-07-2004, 03:11 PM   #20
astonmartinandy
Regular User

Now that would be a lot closer - an F1 LM vs. Enzo. In this case the track conceived LM (in my opinion) would beat the Enzo around a track and of course in a straight line. Can anybody get lap times to compare the two??
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 04:04 PM   #21
Vansquish
Regular User

Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
The Mclaren in my sig would beat the Enzo though...Its more comparable to the Enzo than the regular F1 since it has downforce like the Enzo and is track oriented like the Enzo....At 120 mph it would stick to the roof 8)
This I doubt. The LM/GTR (whichever car you choose) would probably give the Enzo a run for its money, however, the Enzo still produces more downforce than the LM in your sig, and it had better brakes. It would be a comparison test for the ages, but the likelihood is that the Enzo would probably still win out in the end. (Of course that's not to say I wouldn't want the Macca over the Enzo any day of the week)
Vansquish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 07:46 AM   #22
SnakeBitten
Regular User

Originally Posted by Vansquish
Originally Posted by SnakeBitten
This I doubt. The LM/GTR (whichever car you choose) would probably give the Enzo a run for its money, however, the Enzo still produces more downforce than the LM in your sig, and it had better brakes. It would be a comparison test for the ages, but the likelihood is that the Enzo would probably still win out in the end. (Of course that's not to say I wouldn't want the Macca over the Enzo any day of the week)
Your reasoning is good but remember that the LM is waaaaay lighter then the Enzo and more powerful...And you know how sick light cars are in turns....Any track with tight turns the LM will beat the Enzo imo and on a track with straights of course it will beat the Enzo...It has better brakes than the Macca but the difference is the Macca will most likely carry more speed into the turns...Plus the braking advantage the Enzo has would probably be reduced drastically if you shod the F1 LM with modern rubber..
Old 11-08-2004, 12:21 PM   #23
sergei_dekker85
Regular User

dude the Mclaren F1 is way ahead of its time.....I don't believe that it'll ose out to the enzo...acceletartion-wise its definitely faster and in terms of pracitcality the F1 wins hands down....comfort too....
heres andother example....take the Lancia Delta S4 vs the current EVo 8 MR....the lancia will still kick the EVOs butt with 2 eyes closed....this shows that old supercars sometimes does still pack a puch due to the fact that they were built way ahead of its era

The lancia Delta S4....Group B's finest....
sergei_dekker85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 12:29 PM   #24
OVERLORD_CHRIS
Regular User

The LM would beat the Enzon, with it being lighter and more powerful and all. If you can get to the turn way before the Enzon, then you can afford to go just a lil slower through it, and make up for it with all the HP it has on the straights. Now on the other hand, if the Enzo happens to get there first then you screwed, and the race is in the bag for the ugly Enzo, as long as it don't mess up. But that's if they are on the track at the same time. A perfect example would be when JC tested out the Ford-GT, it did good in the turns but not exceptianaly well, but with all its brute power, it made up for it comming out the turns and beat the 360 Challenge Stradale.
OVERLORD_CHRIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2004, 10:35 PM   #25
kksh
Regular User

I think the McLaren F1 given modern rubber, carbon ceramic brakes would beat the enzo. Forget about downforce. Just use the one it already has on the LM. With its power to weight ratio coupled with the current tyre and brake technology, even without modern TC or ABS, it'll go faster than all the current supercars out there. Remmeber how it took Merc CLK GTR and the Porsche GT1, cars which are designed for the track to beat the F1 on the track. And on power circuits like Monza, don't think any car will beat the F1.

And as far as I know, I thought the F40 beat teh F50 on a track. And the EB110 had a 3.5 V12 quad turbo and 4 wheel drive.

And does any one have any info on the factory tuned 660 bhp F40? I read it in Autocar that they did turn out a few of those.
kksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2004, 01:08 PM   #26
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

Yeah, the McLaren F1 LM would beat an Enzo but a reg F1 would not..and I doubt it would beat a CGT...what really ticked me off is that Jeremy said the F40 went 0-60 in 3.2 seconds..and that was faster than any car on the show..last time I checked an F40 wasnt faster than a McLaren F1 0-60...

Are you talking about the F40 LM or the Ferrari Evolution(I think thats the name) that was built b/t the time of the 288 GT0 and the F40
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 04:10 AM   #27
bmwmpower
Regular User

they are meaning Mclaren LM,looks at GOAT picture,
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 04:59 AM   #28
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

kksh wrote:

Originally Posted by kksh

And does any one have any info on the factory tuned 660 bhp F40? I read it in Autocar that they did turn out a few of those.

sorry I wasnt clear...I was asking about the Ferrari he was talking about
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2004, 07:38 AM   #29
kksh
Regular User

Yeah it was a ferrari. They said they delivered those made to special order. With the boost cranked up, it made 660 bhp. I read it in this issue of autocar a few years back where they had the top 100 cars of all time. The F40 came in 2nd or 3rd. With the McLaren F1 being first. I'll get that article scanned once I get home. I'm travelling right now so no such luck.

Goddamnit...
An entire generation pumping gas, waiting tables; slaves with white collars.
Advertising has us chasing cars, megapixel cellphones and clothes.
Working jobs we hate so we can buy shit we don't need.
We're the middle children of history, man...
No purpose or place.
We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives.
We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars.
But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact.
And we're very, very pissed off
kksh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 03:11 PM   #30
is64fun
Regular User

how about konigsegg thing? especially the ccr version. dou you think it is capable of competing with these 2 supercars

(Mclaren F1 still is my favourite )

Some draws a car only. some, adds style and passion into it!
is64fun is offline   Reply With Quote