Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 03-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #46
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pagani View Post
Back to the topic please
That was the point of the post.

This fucking country-vs-country shit needs to be stopped.

And I wonder how much good the "Conspriacy" videos, that are just thinly disguised political commentary, are doing.
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:57 PM   #47
leblanc2.0
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
Dude. I don't know what kind of roads they have in Portugal, but it so happens that people do drive Z06's on the public road. Are you just parroting what Clarkson said?

Once again, you sound like you like Top Gear. But let me tell you, Top Gear isn't the show to live by. Alabama's just a single state in the great nation of United States. It's a different place from where you and I live.

That depends on what you do for living and where you live. Have you lived in the US? I'm sure I can feel really crappy living in Europe, no matter what nation I go to. Even Portugal.

The Z06 its a good car ,Tiff needell like it very much,one reason for that is beacause they tryed to make a car more close to the European tasts.

Ford Europe its a great example of that.

Top gear its more an entertainment show that a car show.They are very funny because they tell what they think.Bad or Good.

If you remember when Top gear presenters pick up 3 cars to make a travel to Paris,JC choose his Ford GT ,his dream car.He liked very much but when they leave motorway he felt that his Ford wasnt thinked to drive on back roads.

We ,European, like to drive on country roads.With many curves.Its the best way to feal the car potencial.

You now that Nürburgring its one of the best tracks to test a car because it push car to the limits.The Z06 was tested there too.And maked a good lap time.

Its cheap , compare to the Europeans rivals,but its interior felt cheap too.I dont now why manufactures dont use better materials.
Im not saying that USA car manufactures cant do it ,because they can...

Sit in a Merc or Bmw and you will now the difference.

Miami its my favourite ,the sun the sea...girls...and a convertible red Ferrari
leblanc2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 01:58 PM   #48
abrown250
Regular User

Originally Posted by Veedub View Post
You probably know that the Koenigsegg's engine is made by Ford US, don't you ?
not anymore. koenigsegg makes their own engines now
abrown250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:03 PM   #49
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by abrown250 View Post
not anymore. koenigsegg makes their own engines now
Scc do's the same now
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:13 PM   #50
leblanc2.0
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
You better tell that to the thousands of people with C6 Z06's with 20,000 30,000 and more miles on.. and those thousands of people with C5 Z06's with 70,000 80,000 90,000 and 120,000+ miles on.. they had no idea their cars could not be driven on public roads.

It was a fake setup - if you thought otherwise then you need to be angry with TopGear for setting you up - seems the joke was on the "blind fans"..

He is talking about quality of goods, price of food, price of housing, general level of civility and such like.

So far no-one has said anything, but I am going - notice how the ONLY people getting all offensive and anti-anyone have been the myriad of anti-Amreican folks who have rolled up in the last week or 2 - oddly enough you have not actually seen the "Patriot" "American" users on MW start randomly attacking european goods, cars and countries in every post.

I think this shit needs to stop - we are here to discuss cars - if you want to take out any latent anti-American sentiment go fuck off some place else..(this is directed at you and the other "quick to slander America" posters recently)

We don't need your type and have done fine without you for the last 2 montsh - lets clean up the act or be gone.

OK?

We all know where Portugal is - so dont try imply otherwise.. try stick to discussing cars.
Man ,once again.......IM NOT ANTI-AMERICAN.

I can not agree with some decisions taken by your president, as well by my president and the european union,but its only it ,nothing more.

Stop thinking that all world hate USA.Because its not true.

What Happened on the last 2 months to you say that?
Old 03-07-2008, 02:46 PM   #51
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by leblanc2.0 View Post
If you remember when Top gear presenters pick up 3 cars to make a travel to Paris,JC choose his Ford GT ,his dream car.He liked very much but when they leave motorway he felt that his Ford wasnt thinked to drive on back roads.

We ,European, like to drive on country roads.With many curves.Its the best way to feal the car potencial.
I've driven a Ford GT on narrow winding back roads (which Michigan has a lot of) that are even pot-hole infested (because of our climate). Jeremy has no idea what he is talking about.... just typical "euro is better" rhetoric. The GT was also tested on the Nurburgring by Ford... and it too set a good lap time .

Its cheap , compare to the Europeans rivals,but its interior felt cheap too.I dont now why manufactures dont use better materials.
Because People in the US of A don't want to spend 200K on a ferrari Killer. That said, the Ford GT used plenty of REAL aluminum trim, real composits, and a highly advanced chassis. Would you rather have performance, or luxury? We in the USA like to drive

Im not saying that USA car manufactures cant do it ,because they can...

Sit in a Merc or Bmw and you will now the difference.
There is only one USA competitor to the Merc's and BMW's ... the 2004+ Cadillac's. Dodge have no direct competitor, and Ford gave up on a luxury sedan several years ago.

Audi still make the nicest interiors... however, Cadillac isn't far behind these days, and make up for it by having superior styling, chassis, and powertrain's to the european luxury competitors.

Want to compare cheap feeling interiors? Compare a VW rabbit v. a Ford Focus, compare a Opel whatever to the Pontiac G6... Compare a Skoda to pretty much any new car made in the USA, and tell me which one is nicer feeling
Old 03-07-2008, 03:05 PM   #52
leblanc2.0
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
I've driven a Ford GT on narrow winding back roads (which Michigan has a lot of) that are even pot-hole infested (because of our climate). Jeremy has no idea what he is talking about.... just typical "euro is better" rhetoric. The GT was also tested on the Nurburgring by Ford... and it too set a good lap time .

Because People in the US of A don't want to spend 200K on a ferrari Killer. That said, the Ford GT used plenty of REAL aluminum trim, real composits, and a highly advanced chassis. Would you rather have performance, or luxury? We in the USA like to drive

There is only one USA competitor to the Merc's and BMW's ... the 2004+ Cadillac's. Dodge have no direct competitor, and Ford gave up on a luxury sedan several years ago.

Audi still make the nicest interiors... however, Cadillac isn't far behind these days, and make up for it by having superior styling, chassis, and powertrain's to the european luxury competitors.

Want to compare cheap feeling interiors? Compare a VW rabbit v. a Ford Focus, compare a Opel whatever to the Pontiac G6... Compare a Skoda to pretty much any new car made in the USA, and tell me which one is nicer feeling

Vw rabbit = Vw golf on europe?

Golf and Focus as the same quality,very good built.

I only think that Golf has to much plastic on the interior.I love the GTI version.

Opel its from GM...

Skoda are very good cars,they belong to VAG Grup (Audi,VW,Seat..etc).

They use the same materials and tecnology.But at low price.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:42 PM   #53
pagani
Regular User

This topic is about the scc not about some europe vs us disscusion.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #54
RC45
Regular User

Then how about people stop turning the threads into Europe vs X

Originally Posted by leblanc2.0 View Post
Stop thinking that all world hate USA.Because its not true.
I personally (and many others) don't give a flying crap about what you think - but what we do care about is the way you have worked in aanti-US (as well as a superior-European) comment and angle into everything you have posted.

You have implied taht everyone in the USA is an ignorant cunts.

You have implied that their products are shit.

You have implied that the scenery is crap and that no roads exist outside of 10 lane freeays.

You have implied that the said cunts would know quality if it bit them in the arse.

If we honestly wanted to read that kind of crap all day, we would go hang out on a "bash everything that is not european forum", not a car forum.

You can hate anyone you want, thats your choice and the beauty of free will, but try limit your comments to criticising the cars, their features and abilities, instead of having a go at the peoples and the countries of origin.

It is possible to say that the Dodge Viper is an overweight, underpowered, bad handling poor build quality car without once insulting the country it is produced in - now the opinion may not be true, but at least it is limited to the car..

Rather than saying the Dodge Viper is made for fat lazy, uneductaed Amekuns that drive on straight freeways and only drag race from one hill billy trailor park to another to commit incest with their buck toothed cousins -- which seems to be your approach.

We dont need that as all it does is promote animosity and tension.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:05 PM   #55
nthfinity
Regular User

Naw, this is the "split" topic, meaning it's open season til it get's closed and binned
Old 03-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #56
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
Naw, this is the "split" topic, meaning it's open season til it get's closed and binned
Really? That gives me ideas...
Old 03-07-2008, 04:21 PM   #57
pagani
Regular User

I personally (and many others) don't give a flying crap about what you think - but what we do care about is the way you have worked in aanti-US (as well as a superior-European) comment and angle into everything you have posted.

You have implied that the scenery is crap and that no roads exist outside of 10 lane freeays.

You have implied that the said cunts would know quality if it bit them in the arse.

If we honestly wanted to read that kind of crap all day, we would go hang out on a "bash everything that is not european forum", not a car forum.

You can hate anyone you want, thats your choice and the beauty of free will, but try limit your comments to criticising the cars, their features and abilities, instead of having a go at the peoples and the countries of origin.

It is possible to say that the Dodge Viper is an overweight, underpowered, bad handling poor build quality car without once insulting the country it is produced in - now the opinion may not be true, but at least it is limited to the car..

Rather than saying the Dodge Viper is made for fat lazy, uneductaed Amekuns that drive on straight freeways and only drag race from one hill billy trailor park to another to commit incest with their buck toothed cousins -- which seems to be your approach.

I did not put that disscussion in that way.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #58
RC45
Regular User

I did not put that disscussion in that way.
I never said you did.

Not once - ever.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #59
pagani
Regular User

Smile

I never said you did.

Not once - ever.
Ok thanks for clearing that up
Old 03-07-2008, 04:26 PM   #60
leblanc2.0
Regular User

Man you have to chill out, you have to many rage.

We are talking about cars ,and about diferent concepts.

My point is Veyron is not in the same class then the SSC.

Not if Us or Euro are better countrys.

You give the idea that you have some problem with europeans...

If you cant discuss like a normal person please dont post.