Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Lamborghini > Lamborghini Pictures and Videos

Old 10-08-2007, 05:24 PM   #1
vexor
Regular User

Default Lamborghini Embolado Design Concept

For those who feel Lamborghini’s styling has been severely softened by parent Audi, meet the Lamborghini Embolado concept, a car with styling so aggressive that you would be forgiven for wetting your pants just looking at it.

Created by Italian design student Luca Serafini, the idea of the Embolado came from the Spanish festival Toro Embolado, meaning ‘bull in balls’, an event where balls of flammable material are attached to the horns of a bull and lit on fire. The bull is then set free in the streets at night. “The choice of the name was the first step towards the creation of this concept,” says Serafini. He’s even created a Superleggera version of the car with similar styling cues to the recently released Gallardo Superleggera.

Designing the Embolado stemmed from Serafini’s dream to work at Lamborghini, however he is no stranger to designing Italian supercars, having previously conceptualized a Ferrari Dino. In fact, Serafini is a native of Modena so inspiration for automotive exotica would have come at an early age. The cab forward design approach is also fairly unique to the supercar world, making the Embolado even more of a head-turner than usual.

His latest creation is based on the dimensions of the Gallardo, but seems much more true to Lamborghinis of old where the cars would instill fear both standing still and in motion. We could envisage a new entry-level Lambo looking exactly like this, making a perfect rival for the rumored Dino model from Ferrari. If someone from Lamborghini is reading this please pass it on to the proper authorities.
- MotorAuthority.com

In my opinion, this is another one of those cars they just couldn't stop designing

vexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 05:54 PM   #2
tospok
Regular User

Its so ugly that cannot be called a design. Except the wheels there is no single portion of it that makes sense.
tospok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 06:12 PM   #3
r2r
Regular User

Default Re: Lamborghini Embolado Design Concept

...The cab forward design approach is also fairly unique to the supercar world, making the Embolado even more of a head-turner than usual.
- MotorAuthority.com

Wow, I'm speechless on both the article and the design!
r2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:02 PM   #4
Kaz
Regular User

looks better than the reventon
Kaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:24 PM   #5
acmarttin
Regular User

I don't really want to rip on the guy because I'm sure it's not easy to design a car - I struggle with designing logos and restaurant menus sometimes.

But I hate it.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:51 AM   #6
dons5
Regular User

Suprised its designed by an Italian, it doesnt look Italian at all!!!! I cant stand the way its just following the car design trend of the last 5 years or so where everything is big haunchy and bulky.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:53 AM   #7
saadie
Regular User

fucking ughly ...
Old 10-09-2007, 09:03 AM   #8
a007apl
Regular User

"The only problem is it’s not official. " :roll:
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007, 09:07 AM   #9
saadie
Regular User

^^ which is a good thing .. .

i dont like this ipiece of shite
Old 10-11-2007, 09:10 PM   #10
a007apl
Regular User

The Lamborghini Embolado Concept Designed by student Luca Serafini

Many people like design student Luca Serafini hope to one day work for someone like Lamborghini, well it seems that the young designer has come one step closer as he has created a new concept called the Lamborghini Embolado. Luca has said that this concept super car has the same dimensions as the very popular Gallardo.

All of Lamborghini’s cars have a meaning and the Embolado is no exception, it means bull in balls in Spanish. The meaning comes from a famous Spanish festival called Toro Embolado, anyway enough of that boring stuff ah.

Since Audi took over from Lamborghini many of the designs have been much softer than they used to be a few years back, so it is nice when a young design like student Luca Serafini grabs the bull by the horns and gives the Embolado a more aggressive look.

Although this concept does look nice and would be great if it went into production, it seems as if there is one small problem it is not an official design.

Game Over
a007apl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:43 AM   #11
hwjunkie
Regular User

I betcha people thought the same thing when the Gallardo came out, but it grows on you and you start to like it
hwjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 09:10 AM   #12
tospok
Regular User

Originally Posted by hwjunkie
I betcha people thought the same thing when the Gallardo came out, but it grows on you and you start to like it
How can you compare this with gallardo? this is just some think designed by a random guy, has nothing to do with lambo... And doesnt carry any hint of being designed, just like random shapes
tospok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2007, 08:02 PM   #13
M4tt83
Regular User

Originally Posted by MotorAuthority.com
...a car with styling so aggressive that you would be forgiven for wetting your pants just looking at it.
I don't know about wetting my pants. It should have been named the Lamborghini Ebola, as vomiting would be a more suitable reaction.

Originally Posted by dons5
Suprised its designed by an Italian, it doesnt look Italian at all!!!!
I agree. I think it looks like a Korean or Japanese design.

I still wish Lamborghini had put the Italdesign Cala into production; that was absolutely gorgeous.
M4tt83 is offline   Reply With Quote