Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 03-05-2007, 02:32 PM   #46
TopGearNL
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Originally Posted by TopGearNL
^^Not a supercar since its not roadlegal..

Its a racecar therefore
But you cannot "race" it either

I'd rather take a racer MC12 R that I can race whenever and wherever I want than any of those pointless trackday cars :roll:
LOL!

So its a museumcar?
Old 03-05-2007, 02:37 PM   #47
Z3uS
Regular User

^^Not a supercar since its not roadlegal..

Its a racecar therefore
But you cannot "race" it either

I'd rather take a racer MC12 R that I can race whenever and wherever I want than any of those pointless trackday cars :roll:
LOL!

So its a museumcar?
True!

But why can't you race it? If it's not road legal and u can't race so there's really no purpouse for this car. They could just do the bodywork then...
Old 03-05-2007, 08:01 PM   #48
666fast
Regular User

But why can't you race it? If it's not road legal and u can't race so there's really no purpouse for this car.
You can't race it because it doesn't conform to any series rules.
It's not road legal for obvious reasons.

THere is a purpose, Pagani will make a fortune on them. And a few people will have an uber expensive track day/bragging tool.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:57 PM   #49
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by 666fast
But why can't you race it? If it's not road legal and u can't race so there's really no purpouse for this car.
You can't race it because it doesn't conform to any series rules.
It's not road legal for obvious reasons.

THere is a purpose, Pagani will make a fortune on them. And a few people will have an uber expensive track day/bragging tool.
Ok - from a company point-of-view... it does have a point and a purpose... make money. But from a customer point-of-view... these über-expensive trackday cars are absolutely pointless when you can buy a full race-spec MC12 racer or a 575 GTC for less money, and compete with other drivers... which is the main point when purchasing a racecar IMO.

:roll: :bah:
I'm with 666 on this one. There are a large number of wealthy collectors who love to do track time; but aren't competitive; and never want the opertunity to be taken where it looks as if they are competitive... they just want to go as fast as they can personally no matter if some pro can edge out 5 more seconds.... or more...
Old 03-06-2007, 03:46 AM   #50
yg60m
Regular User

Originally Posted by numerouno
BTW, the engine is not the same old one, the official press release says it a 6 liter unit from the CLK DTM
You got it wrong I think. This car is using the same engine of the CLK-GTR, not the DTM... so yes. It is old.

I suppose that if the Lambo V12 can stay so impressive after 30 years of developpment, the not-20-years-old Mercedes V12 has some time before being out