Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 01-03-2006, 12:05 PM   #1
stmoritzer
Regular User

Default St.Moritz Sightings , Cay's,X5,RS's,Phaeton,Cooper,Techart

Hello guys
I'm back from my christmas holidays, too bad the time was so short

I spent few days with my family, enjoyed some days skiing (it was freezing cold in Switzerland just before New Years Eve, down to -30°C during the night, brrrr)

this is me in the cold winter (at -15°C)

Did also some carhaunting, of course
Welcome to Cayenne-town, one can spot more Cayenne in St.Moritz around christmas than on a Cayenne meeting
Also very common are Audi Avant (A4,S4,RS4,A6,S6 and RS6), followed by BMW X5, Range Rovers, 911 (TT,Carrera4, 4S) and Minis ... and Hummers (1 H1, ~3 H2 and 1 H3). The locals often drive Subaru's

The top sights were 2 white Cayennes (my first ones!), 2 Bentley Flying Spurs (only one with pics, sorry) , 2 dirty ContiGT and a black-monster: a Techart Magnum!

the most surprising one was a 575M :shock: from VS (Valais)

so, let's start with some sightings right after christmas... I won't bother you with tons of Cayennes and Audi's, only a few in rare colors, nice locations or dirty

Audi's parked

passing by

Cayenne's

chasing my first white (well, dirty) Cayenne Turbo across the town, he didn't stop...

Carrera4 with extra wing ?

VW Phaeton

Touareg

BMW X5

?

Mini Cooper

Techart Magnum
http://www.techart.ch/fahrzeuge.php?...ne_magnumblack

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
recent post: 15+ Gallardo Superleggeras roaring in the Swiss Alps !
stmoritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 12:18 PM   #2
Pehtren
Regular User

the techart MAGNUM really is a beast what a car

the ? looks like a bmw 3 series touring

thanks for the pics 8)
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:33 PM   #3
Wutputt
Regular User

God I love pics of exlusive cars in the snow. The RS4 pics look really great. And dark the Techart Magnum looks like a dark wolf in the Swiss Alps

Thanks for the pics. They are great for sending Christmas cards to fellow car nuts!
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 01:47 PM   #4
TransAm
Regular User

Thanks for the pics

Car haunting sounds a bit frightening to me 8)

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2006, 03:18 PM   #5
TT
Regular User

Always nice to see car sightings in StMoritz! I love cars in the snow, but hell the Magnum is a brillant sighting. What kind of plates it has? It might be the one that goes around Genève since a while but I always seem to miss it :bah:
Old 01-03-2006, 07:54 PM   #6
dingo
Regular User

Mmmmm I love cars in the snow, maybe because I never see it over here.

The black RS4/6 pics are the best, really sensational! :good: The Magnum sure is a beast, if not complete overkill. :shock:

No pics of the 575M?

Thanks stmoritzer.
Old 01-04-2006, 04:55 AM   #7
stmoritzer
Regular User

Originally Posted by TT
Always nice to see car sightings in StMoritz! I love cars in the snow, but hell the Magnum is a brillant sighting. What kind of plates it has? It might be the one that goes around Genève since a while but I always seem to miss it :bah:

The car was from GRaubünden, a 3 digit GR plate. I saw a second white Cayenne (AMAG Winterthur with ZH plates, not a Turbo) later around New Years Eve, pics will follow in the next update

btw, if you intend to visit the Engadin, there is the Winter Raid! (several passes between Klosters-Bormio and St.M) around the 12.to14.January
http://www.raid-suisse-paris.ch/winter/home.php

and the Polo on Snow event (Maybach-mania ) during the last weekend of January!

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas

The ? is definitely a E90 3-Series Touring... and the bunch of Audi RS are awesome on snow - especially that red RS6!!
thanks dani and pehtren for the details

Thanks for the pics stmoritzer - I know someday (someday) I'll spend a week or so in Saint Moritz on Christmas!! That should be a magic place during those days!!
you're always welcome , there are also some cheaper hotels available (kind of youth hostel for 25€/day), in a room with 6 bed -> you and 5 girls

Originally Posted by dingo
Mmmmm I love cars in the snow, maybe because I never see it over here.

The black RS4/6 pics are the best, really sensational! :good: The Magnum sure is a beast, if not complete overkill. :shock:

No pics of the 575M?

Thanks stmoritzer.
the other sightings (Flying Spur, 575M, RR, 300C, H1,2,3...) will be online asap

my page: www.davidkaiser.ch - "Lamborghini meets St.Moritz" Photo-CD now available !
Old 01-04-2006, 07:00 AM   #8
stmoritzer
Regular User

Originally Posted by stmoritzer
Thanks for the pics stmoritzer - I know someday (someday) I'll spend a week or so in Saint Moritz on Christmas!! That should be a magic place during those days!!
you're always welcome , there are also some cheaper hotels available (kind of youth hostel for 25€/day), in a room with 6 bed -> you and 5 girls
When I went there in 2003, around April... I found a really cheap hotel some 8-10km from Saint Moritz... as you've said - all my family (5 people) in one room for 25-30€ per night I guess all the hotels there don't have white Cayenne Turbos parked in front

the other sightings (Flying Spur, 575M, RR, 300C, H1,2,3...) will be online asap
... 'more pics to come soon'

25-30€ per person per day to be precise

Just let me know, whenever you plan to go there and I'll try to be in St.Moritz aswell

Old 01-04-2006, 07:52 AM   #9
stmoritzer
Regular User

It was a pizzeria with three or four rooms at the back, next to a train railway, and a a thing which seemed to be a bobsleigh track or something... don't remember where it was exactly - but be sure we didn't paid more than 40€ in total
probabely Celerina, the town next to St.Moritz, where the bobsleigh track end ... and in April the prizes are lower (off -season)

Old 01-04-2006, 07:59 AM   #10
stmoritzer
Regular User

^^^ it can be

... and it was definitely off season since I only saw one Cayenne S
at christmas time, you can see 1 Cayenne per minute , my next update will be "30min in the town centre" with 70 pics taken (mabe 25 good ones, the light conditions were bad)

Old 01-04-2006, 02:55 PM   #11
Pehtren
Regular User

^^^ it can be :D

... and it was definitely off season since I only saw one Cayenne S :wink:
at christmas time, you can see 1 Cayenne per minute :D , my next update will be "30min in the town centre" with 70 pics taken (mabe 25 good ones, the light conditions were bad)
the cayene is very popular, and the TUrbo looks very cool, but you can not forget Tuareg and the new merc ML, i have spotted today 1 ML and one very cool tuareg :P
Pehtren is offline   Reply With Quote