Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 12-01-2005, 10:17 PM   #16
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by gigdy
Originally Posted by Toronto
this is a private concert, there is a difference
so how is getting paid to perform for lots of ppl not selling out but playing for a select few is selling out? Either way you are performing for fans the only difference is the amount.
that is the difference - a select few,
the beauty about music is anyone can listen, anyone can be touched by it. (not that 50cent can really touch you with him music)
if you sell tickets to a show, anyone can buy it.
it you perform for somone you are theirs. you do what they say, for money, you are selling your self out!
Old 12-01-2005, 10:27 PM   #17
gigdy
Regular User

Originally Posted by gigdy
this is a private concert, there is a difference
so how is getting paid to perform for lots of ppl not selling out but playing for a select few is selling out? Either way you are performing for fans the only difference is the amount.
that is the difference - a select few,
the beauty about music is anyone can listen, anyone can be touched by it. (not that 50cent can really touch you with him music)
if you sell tickets to a show, anyone can buy it.
it you perform for somone you are theirs. you do what they say, for money, you are selling your self out!
the only way he would be selling out is if they paid him to do something that he didnt want to. And there is no proof nor any reason to believe that. And anyone can buy 50 cent for a private performance just like any one can buy a ticket to his show. And also this performance want for just one person it was actually a free show for a couple hundred people at the party.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:38 PM   #18
RC45
Regular User

Uhm - paying $10 million for a coming of age party is the stupid sellout move... :roll:
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 10:52 PM   #19
ZfrkS62
Regular User

what bothers me is how much this guy paid for a god damn birthday party! Talk about a spoiled kid!

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 01:47 AM   #20
callen
Regular User

I think every entertainer has thier reservation price. if someone can pay for thier time, which is really how they live thier lives, being paid for thier time... then it is 100% not a sellout. again like someone mentioned before if 50cent sings micheal jackson black or white...just cause he is gettin paid to do so and doesnt want to do it, that, guys is selling out. 8)
Old 12-02-2005, 01:54 AM   #21
SilviaEvo
Regular User

why? 10 million. thats a lot. better ways to spend it. seeing as his daughter will prolly turn out as a whore.
Old 12-02-2005, 02:27 AM   #22
Toronto
Regular User

Originally Posted by callen
I think every entertainer has thier reservation price. if someone can pay for thier time, which is really how they live thier lives, being paid for thier time... then it is 100% not a sellout. again like someone mentioned before if 50cent sings micheal jackson black or white...just cause he is gettin paid to do so and doesnt want to do it, that, guys is selling out. 8)
then what do you think a sellout is then?
Old 12-02-2005, 02:36 AM   #23
blinkmeat
Regular User

reminds me of that Will Smith Nike party - apparently they had a $600,000 b-day funded by companies in exchange for endorsing their products :fist:

can't say i'm shocked
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 03:56 AM   #24
LotusGT1
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ronin005

no its really not thier job. if they had any self respect they wouldnt do it. its just like when you hear Aerosmith in a car commercial, thats selling out just like this is.

its unfortunate that money does talk!!
Yes it is their job, they do it for a living. All these entertainers have a commercial profession. These guys don't betray people, they don't take advantage of somebody (as the buyer is fully aware of what he's doing), no way this is a sell out.

It's fucking business, nothing more nothing less. If you think todays artist are not commercial you're fucking naive :roll:

Can't believe how every nimbrod can make tons of money but how a singer all of a sudden is a sell out when he or she can make an extra million.
LotusGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 07:01 AM   #25
jon_s
Regular User

I am sorry, but who cares if 50 Cent sell out? Everyone has their price, hell, even I have sold out at certain points in my life. We all have on some scale.
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote