Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 05-12-2005, 02:56 AM   #31
Veedub
Regular User

Originally Posted by SPEEDKILLAR
Putain, elle tue ta bagnole, c'est vraiment rare de voire une caisse comme cela en ci bonne etāt.

Hope you'll keep us updated about your ride and those S 2000.
Merci.

I have already some pictures with one of my friends'S2000.

Originally Posted by coombsie66
That exhaust system is a work of art!! I bet it sounds fantastic aswell.
Great car, welcome aboard! I look forward to the vids and the sound!
Thanks.

When the manifold was delivered, I thought it could be great as a sculpture iin the middle of my flat.

Originally Posted by T-Bird
Very nice car man.
There's a kid here at school with a black one like yours that he totally ruined with an exhaust that is too large for a Semi Truck, and he has shitty ass upgrades on the engine , you know the ones that cost $20 from the local auto parts store i.e. Universal. The car is soo low to the ground we have to take the bumper off to get it on the lifts, there are a few Honda/Acura's like that here.
We have the same problem here with Civics, large wheels, huge wing(s), very very loud exhaust, neons... Fast n' Furious has made damages worldwide.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:23 AM   #32
Mopsdrops
Regular User

thanks for those last pics, veedub, the ITR looks better then the S2000 imo. And about that exhaust I have to agree, beautiful, not to big, I heared a ITR with the same exhaust as you a few days back on Circuit-Zolder, what an incredible sound !!! Can you hear it good when the VTEC is kicking in ?
Old 05-13-2005, 01:55 AM   #33
Veedub
Regular User

Oh yes, man I can !
I had the opportinues to drive most of the Honda Vtec range, from Civic VTI EG6 (Si in the US, with the 160hp B16) to S2000, and ITR is the one with the most "violent" Vtec.
I would love to drive a Civic Type R EK9 though, but it's not available in LHD.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:07 AM   #34
Mopsdrops
Regular User

Nice !!! have you ever driven a 4th Gen Prelude ? I currently have a 2.0i and i'd like to buy a 2.2i VTEC or a ITR. That's a part also for all those questions If you have driven a prelude, can you say wich is the best then thx.
Old 05-13-2005, 09:12 AM   #35
TransAm
Regular User

Originally Posted by Mopsdrops
Nice !!! have you ever driven a 4th Gen Prelude ? I currently have a 2.0i and i'd like to buy a 2.2i VTEC or a ITR. That's a part also for all those questions If you have driven a prelude, can you say wich is the best then thx.
The ITR is MUCH better than the prelude from a drivers point of view.

Given the choice between a 'normal' integra GSR and the VTEC prelude I'd take the 'lude though...

Originally Posted by Veedub
Oh yes, man I can !
I had the opportinues to drive most of the Honda Vtec range, from Civic VTI EG6 (Si in the US, with the 160hp B16) to S2000, and ITR is the one with the most "violent" Vtec.
Have you ever driven the original B16 which was fitted to the 1991 Civic and CRX? 148bhp...That was a better engine than the 160hp version in my opinion! I've owned both a 96 VTi and the 91 CRX 1.6-VT. The CRX was MUCH better than the newer EK IMO, but I think the EK weighs 20% more...When I had the CRX, a friend had bought a brand new EK VTi coupe and was really annoyed cos he couldnt keep up with my 9 year old CRX!!

Also, have you ever driven the Accord Type-R? I imagine its a bit of a heavy car for it's 212hp...

Previous: 2003 Z4 3.0i SMG, 1995 Aprilia RS250
TransAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2005, 10:21 AM   #36
Mopsdrops
Regular User

Originally Posted by TransAm2001

Given the choice between a 'normal' integra GSR and the VTEC prelude I'd take the 'lude though...
Ah, I see, thx for the replie, but what do you actually mean with drivers point of view ? I mean, what's better ?
Anyway sorry that I'm getting a bit off-topic, I'll stop (finally )
Old 05-13-2005, 10:26 AM   #37
TransAm
Regular User

handling, acceleration, power to weight ratio

(we are a little bit off-topic, but we're still talking ITR's!)

Old 05-13-2005, 11:32 AM   #38
coombsie66
Regular User

Originally Posted by TransAm2001

Originally Posted by Veedub
Oh yes, man I can !
Have you ever driven the original B16 which was fitted to the 1991 Civic and CRX? 148bhp...That was a better engine than the 160hp version in my opinion! I've owned both a 96 VTi and the 91 CRX 1.6-VT. The CRX was MUCH better than the newer EK IMO, but I think the EK weighs 20% more...When I had the CRX, a friend had bought a brand new EK VTi coupe and was really annoyed cos he couldnt keep up with my 9 year old CRX!!

Also, have you ever driven the Accord Type-R? I imagine its a bit of a heavy car for it's 212hp...
Had a race with one of those old CRX's once off the lights, i was right with him till 6000 rpm in 1st gear when i had to change to second and he was just getting into the 'Vtec range', bye bye. It surprised me it really did!
Old 05-13-2005, 11:56 AM   #39
TransAm
Regular User

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh...

I used to rag it quite a lot, I'd drive along and see guys turning their heads and a surprised look as they expected to see a motorbike.

The EK seemed quieter but probably down to extra insulation, and the fact my VT was catless...

This is the colour I had:

http://www.crxclubholland.nl/forumfotos/crx-vtec.jpg

Old 05-13-2005, 03:10 PM   #40
coombsie66
Regular User

^^ Nice, they are getting on a bit now, and the majority have had there fair share of redlining!
I would like to own an 8000 rpm engine'd car one day, hmmm, i think the M5/6 wins it though
Old 05-16-2005, 06:57 AM   #41
MUS911
Regular User

Lovely car....
nice ride u have
Old 05-16-2005, 09:53 AM   #42
kompak
Regular User

u have a beautiful car veedub...
don't know when can i own one of this car
of course, underneath pretty body everything had to be toughened up. The driveshaft are made from granite, the computer-guided suspension has been re-programmed and you have a sort of brakes...used to stop tanks. - Jeremy Clarkson reviews on Mercedes-Benz CL65 AMG

kompak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 01:24 AM   #43
Veedub
Regular User

97500km on the clock : I had to change the timing belt. At the same time, I fit Spoon hoses and a Tru Power AEM pulleys kit.

Old 06-05-2005, 08:54 AM   #44
Mopsdrops
Regular User

^^Very nice !!! Must be quite fast right now, probably low 6 seconds too 100 km/u. I can't stop dreaming of your car But that air filter looks so wierd, never seen something like that before, I think. btw, does it sound loud
Old 06-09-2005, 11:31 AM   #45
Veedub
Regular User

^^Very nice !!! Must be quite fast right now, probably low 6 seconds too 100 km/u. I can't stop dreaming of your car But that air filter looks so wierd, never seen something like that before, I think. btw, does it sound loud
It's not the air filter you can, but the airbox.
Some pictures of a meeting with a friend last night...