Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos > Videogames

Old 04-01-2005, 07:10 PM   #16
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by topgeartom
Originally Posted by SFDMALEX
april fools finished at 12:00 mate.
Makes no difference to me, your a fool 24/7 I have noticed.
everyone has their own opinion's, although its obviously clear you dont appreciate that fact judging by your reaction to my opinion.

I dont even have the time for this, your shit at pranks though. You might as well have I'M WINDING YOU UP writen at the top of the screen
Opinion? Opinion based on what? All I hear is you talking shit with nothing to back your shit up. An opinion has to have an explanetion, describing why you like it or why you dont like.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:11 PM   #17
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by ARMAN
Alex, relax
I am Why wouldnt I be?
Old 04-01-2005, 07:12 PM   #18
topgeartom
Regular User

Alex, go to bed, your embarrassing yourself.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:13 PM   #19
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL123
common dude you really didn't have to make it personal, he just didn't like a game, why does everybody seem to argue lately! and over OPINIONS too, you may think someone elses opinion is worthless, ill imformed etc etc but please isn't everbody entitled to hold one without being abused. First diesels now this, i dunno :roll:
Your MINI is a peice of shit automobile.

Is that a good opinion? No, I didnt even say why I didnt like it, you cant just go talking shit about something or somebody withouht having a reason for it.

Oh and Tom is not the one being abused, he abused a peferctly fine sim withouht any justification.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:14 PM   #20
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Alex, go to bed, your embarrassing yourself.
How is that? Your the one embaressing your self...shit man. YOU DRIVE GT4 WITH A HELMET IN EXTERNAL VIEW........not thats fucking embarrasing.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:17 PM   #21
topgeartom
Regular User

You are actually taking the piss arent you. If not, then you are quite possibly THE most mentally inept person i have ever had the misfortune to come across, the helmet thing was a joke, only a complete fuckwit wouldnt understand that. Stop this circus act before you make an even bigger twat of yourself.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:20 PM   #22
Anonymous

Originally Posted by AL123
common dude you really didn't have to make it personal, he just didn't like a game, why does everybody seem to argue lately! and over OPINIONS too, you may think someone elses opinion is worthless, ill imformed etc etc but please isn't everbody entitled to hold one without being abused. First diesels now this, i dunno :roll:
Your MINI is a peice of shit automobile.

Is that a good opinion? No, I didnt even say why I didnt like it, you cant just go talking shit about something or somebody withouht having a reason for it.

Oh and Tom is not the one being abused, he abused a peferctly fine sim withouht any justification.
well he may have not gone into huge depths i admit but comparison with other games is legitimate review, how often do people do that with cars?
BTW leave off the mini what did it ever do to you

Really guys this is a pointless arguement, there are more important things in life :roll:
Old 04-01-2005, 07:28 PM   #23
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
^^ I agree... The whole point of computer game's is that they're fun - whether fun for you is a simulation or arcade is irrelevant. I prefer the games that are more realistic, whether they're driving or shoot em up but at the end of the day they've got to be fun - GT4 does this a lot better IMO.

If i want fun and realism i'd save up a few hundred quid n get myself down to a track day, simple as that...
Ahh mate. SIMULATION=SIMULATION

It has nothing to do with fun.
But computer games have everything to do with fun, just because its realistic, doesen't mean I have to go play it...

Why would i want to play something that bored me to death?

Driving a fast car is fun

Playing on a simulator that isn't fun obviously isn't that good of a simulator as i can imagine driving a 360 GT car would be a hell of a lot of fun.

A decent simulation needs to be realistic AND fun, GTR doesen't do it for me....

GT4 has enough realism and represents real world driving yet is actually fun to play.

If they stuck GTR's physics engine in GT4 then that would be a great game, as it is, IMO GT4 wins hands down.

As i said, if i wanted realism i'd go book a few hours in a proper performance car
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 07:33 PM   #24
styla21
Regular User

SFDMALEX,
Tom's comment simply stated his experience with a game (would you call a racing sim, a game?), and expressed his opinion on it. He didn't jump all over you personally. I appreciate your knowledge in this area of gaming; and i suggest you consider others right to speak on a topic without having to be criticised for it - unless justified, which in this case it's not.

Your understanding of SIM's is way beyond most of us, and if anyone was to know what they are talking about in this area it's you. With that, perhaps consider helping others understand what they don't know by educating them, not raging on them.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:34 PM   #25
topgeartom
Regular User

^^ I agree... The whole point of computer game's is that they're fun - whether fun for you is a simulation or arcade is irrelevant. I prefer the games that are more realistic, whether they're driving or shoot em up but at the end of the day they've got to be fun - GT4 does this a lot better IMO.

If i want fun and realism i'd save up a few hundred quid n get myself down to a track day, simple as that...

But computer games have everything to do with fun, just because its realistic, doesen't mean I have to go play it...

Playing on a simulator that isn't fun obviously isn't that good of a simulator as i can imagine driving a 360 GT car would be a hell of a lot of fun.

A decent simulation needs to be realistic AND fun, GTR doesen't do it for me....

GT4 has enough realism and represents real world driving yet is actually fun to play.

If they stuck GTR's physics engine in GT4 then that would be a great game, as it is, IMO GT4 wins hands down.

As i said, if i wanted realism i'd go book a few hours in a proper performance car
exactly. GTR is exactly like all the other racing sims i have played, although it is fundamentally lacking that special something that makes games fun. rFactor has all the realism of GTR (if not more) yet it is FUN to play, something GTR isnt.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:39 PM   #26
topgeartom
Regular User

Originally Posted by styla21
SFDMALEX,
Tom's comment simply stated his experience with a game (would you call a racing sim, a game?), and expressed his opinion on it. He didn't jump all over you personally. I appreciate your knowledge in this area of gaming; and i suggest you consider others right to speak on a topic without having to be criticised for it - unless justified, which in this case it's not.

Your understanding of SIM's is way beyond most of us, and if anyone was to know what they are talking about in this area it's you. With that, perhaps consider helping others understand what they don't know by educating them, not raging on them.
THANK YOU!

Just because i thought your review was wrong, i didnt go mental at you and put fuck in every sentence, and launch on a PERSONAL assault.

If you burst out like that in a bar or club, just cos someone countered your opinion, you would get laid out, simple as that. They would fucking well lamp you, so what makes you think you can get away with it on here?
Old 04-01-2005, 07:50 PM   #27
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Jezzz people, have you ever heard of time zones?

I give up. Your all a bunch of tools.......not just Tom.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:52 PM   #28
topgeartom
Regular User

I think you'll find i gathered in my first post. Then i went along with it. You still made an arse of yourself though.
Old 04-01-2005, 07:52 PM   #29
Anonymous

Jezzz people, have you ever heard of time zones?

I give up. Your all a bunch of tools.......not just Tom.
thanks for your kind words and reasoned well backed up opinion
Old 04-01-2005, 07:54 PM   #30
SFDMALEX
Regular User

I am having tons of fun mate, and so are 1000s of other people. What many expect is to jump in and have "fun". Well it can not happen because this is a very accurate simulation. Trust me mate, you will not have fun if you jump in a prodrive 550 withouht any prior experiance, you will be spinning your tires for 50 laps straight. You have to practice and achieve the fun, I have the biggest grin on my face when Im lapping Spa with online, sweating like mad, working three pedals at a time, working that wheel like mad, running through that H box....but maybe thats because Ive been doing the sim thing for over 4 years now.......and trust me mate, I hated GPL when I first tried it, becuase I never had a challenge like that in my life prior to it.