Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 03-14-2005, 06:17 AM   #1
ARMAN
Regular User

Default Your first experince on dling vids on JW

or better when you realized that you cannot find damn "DOWNLOAD" button

See, I saw on the main page 512 TG test with Tiff, on the page with vid were replys of people how great that vid is and I was desperate....
I was sitting clicking on every little line, word, wallpaper... anything. Then stopped and said AM I SOOOOO F**KIN DUMB OR WHAT THAT I CANNOT SEE IT!!!!!!!?????????

Then I red some topics and found a guy from czech and asked him thru PM. He was kind to explained me how to and whats it all about

What I got access later I was in heaven, so many vids, dont know wich to start with and then came telephone bill(ISDN at that time) for 640€ :shock:

Now I dont come here vor vids, there is much better stuff than that

Whats your experince of Jabbas joke? I am sure there will be more stories to have a good laugh

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 07:56 AM   #2
komotar
Regular User

I remember that I desperatly wanted the 288 GTO vid.....It was driving me nuts, so I clicked everything possible on the site......

I checked around a bit and soon found out, what's the deal.....

At first I was like: there's no way I will post just to dl vids and I just visited
the site every now and then. No posting...

Then, early 04 I started posting, because of the comunity and the people.....not for the vids......

I found the "what you saw today" section and thought I also could deliver some "goods"......

and then the site sucked me in.......

If I remember corectly, I got the green light from Jabba and TT somewhere around october...not sure. I know it also had to do with the black 355 I took pictures off

First week or so, I was downloading constantly......

That's what Nuno is doing these days....probably

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:03 AM   #3
Jabba
Regular User

Originally Posted by komotar
I remember that I desperatly wanted the 288 GTO vid.....It was driving me nuts, so I clicked everything possible on the site......

At first I was like: there's no way I will post just to dl vids and I just visited

Then, early 04 I started posting, because of the comunity and the people.....not for the vids......

I found the "what you saw today" section and thought I also could deliver some "goods"......

If I remember corectly, I got the green light from Jabba and TT somewhere around october...not sure. I know it also had to do with the black 355 I took pictures off

Yes and a great picture it was...well worthy of access to the download vault.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:13 AM   #4
komotar
Regular User

Originally Posted by Jabba

Yes and a great picture it was...well worthy of access to the download vault.
Thx man. 8)

How did you like the f430 photoshoot pics?

http://avtomoto.siol.net/
komotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 08:15 AM   #5
Jabba
Regular User

Simply AMAZING 8)
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:06 AM   #6
|Nuno|
Regular User

Hehe, correct.

But at first I didn't even know about the videos, only realised when I started to read older posts and stuff... And now, they're just a bonus.

So, if you're reading this and don't post here 'cause you just want the videos, come on in, you won't regret it.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:26 AM   #7
BADMIHAI
Regular User

and then came telephone bill(ISDN at that time) for 640€
That is fucking nuts. Did you pay for it, or did you try to get out of it? :shock: Fortunately I don't have a download/upload limit on my cable. :phew:

I don't really have a special JW experience since I've been on this site ever since it started. As for downloading...I haven't even downloaded much lately. But that hasn't kept me from coming back. It's not why I came here in the first place. I'm here for the community mostly. The vids are just a nice bonus. 8)
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 09:45 AM   #8
ARMAN
Regular User

Cant wait for "bonus" 2005 TG and 5G vids

@BADMIHAI - I spend it, I pay it Now I pay 50€ for unlimited data and speed up to ~1,04 MB/s, average speed 500-700kb/s

.................................................. .............................
Old 03-14-2005, 10:16 AM   #9
possessed_beaver
Regular User

personaly im still waiting for download access...

well not to be Mean to evreyone... but i have had it from day one
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 12:41 PM   #10
Overmind
Regular User

Default Re: Your first experince on dling vids on JW

Originally Posted by ARMAN
Then I red some topics and found a guy from czech and asked him thru PM. He was kind to explained me how to and whats it all about
lol, now that was SOME time ago .
Old 03-14-2005, 12:52 PM   #11
1zippo1
Regular User

I still remeber that because I know jabba started launching JW with some amazing videos. If I'm not mistaken it was one of the Jeremy Clarkson rips.

Those videos are still very presious to me. I've made a double backup just to be sure
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 12:57 PM   #12
antonioledesma
Regular User

I came here because... I was trying to find F1 videos from kazaa, there I found the very famous mclaren f1 top gear review by tiff :shock: :shock: OMG!! I've never seen that car been driven like that, I'm looking at a complete new, different world

I had to find more reviews like that. After knowing that show was called top gear, I looked for videos in the web and after a couple of days I found a webpage, the unreliable racingflix, and from that point you can guess, came here in october 2003.

just as the noobs from those days I did not have a clue for the videos. I was never a person who read forums, went into chats, etc. I'm confesing here.... I sent one PM to ask for the vids ops:
then I didn't login for some time, or just came to find the button... again.
then started to read the forum... and started to participate after lots of post reading, I didn't know what to post, something intelligent (it has been proven I can't ). This is called a forum..
then after some time I got access and voilá
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 01:08 PM   #13
ARMAN
Regular User

Default Re: Your first experince on dling vids on JW

Originally Posted by Overmind
Originally Posted by ARMAN
lol, now that was SOME time ago .
HA! Yes! Thats the guy Thanx for explaining whats it all about cause otherwise if you'd say - "f**k off and read the forum" I wouldnt be here maybe Thanx Overmind!

Old 03-14-2005, 01:28 PM   #14
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Meh you guys suck. I'm old school. I was getting Jabbas vids long before this site came online. Basicly I was on racing flix then noticed that this guy is posting some great vids...dont remeber how I got the passwords for them, I think I had to PM Jabba or TT and had to put a special avatar. Then this site came alive...I dont download that many vids though....since I dont even have the time to watch em :cry:

So thats my story.
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2005, 01:39 PM   #15
DeMoN
Regular User

Ive been here forever lol. I was the 1st person to register to JW and I am happy abot that achievement lol. When you click on MEMBER list, I am right below Jabba (jabba doesnt count as 1st cuz he register the site OK? lol).

I have imagined though, how it would be for the people that just came here. I know if I would have just signed up, I would probably click everywhere too... not to mention, EDIT - Select Alll so that everything (other than background) turned blue and see if the Hidden dload button appeared.