Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 12-13-2004, 05:02 AM   #16
dingo
Regular User

It doesn't seem they are comparing the Evo with the Murci, the vid in the vault only mentions the Evo.....
Old 12-13-2004, 08:51 AM   #17
crayzayjay
Regular User

Originally Posted by Ghostbat
Looking forward to see how the SLK can match the new Boxster.
Talk about the SLK getting its ass handed to it.... 4 seconds slower than the Boxster!

That FQ400 looked f***ing quick! :shock:

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
crayzayjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2004, 01:05 PM   #18
crayzayjay
Regular User

FOR ANYONE WHO HAS YET TO SEE LAST NIGHT'S EPISODE OF TG, LOOK AWAY NOW AND DO NOT READ THIS POST.

Yes, the FQ400 looked to be quite easily keeping up with the Murcielago and was capable of overtaking at several instances. JC was driving the Mitsu, James Kay (touring car driver i think) was in the Murci.

Some people become so rich they lose all respect for humanity. That's how rich i want to be.
Old 12-14-2004, 06:39 AM   #19
Wutputt
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo22
It doesn't seem they are comparing the Evo with the Murci, the vid in the vault only mentions the Evo.....
They did tho
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 06:44 AM   #20
bmwmpower
Regular User

when will be M5 in top gear,
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 01:36 PM   #21
Schwalbe

Originally Posted by bmwmpower
when will be M5 in top gear,
I believed that we were going to see the E60 M5 review this season at Top Gear. I am disappointed...Perhaps the next season?
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 12:47 PM   #22
bmwmpower
Regular User

on net is not program for whole season ?
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2004, 01:07 PM   #23
Anonymous

I think he means is there a list of the contents of all the programmes content....... in which case the answer is no AFAIK...... though you can find listings up to boxing day on the net.... not sure how many episodes but check the ****TOP GEAR BREAKING NEWS **** thread or the top gear sub forums for the latest news.....
Old 12-20-2004, 02:14 AM   #24
aarhead
Regular User

i loved when he showed off the evo's horrible turning radius and it drove into the grass!
Old 12-20-2004, 02:51 AM   #25
PeleProdigyGTO
Regular User

LOL and the rental car beating it in the top gear pull from 30!
PeleProdigyGTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 01:43 PM   #26
possessed_beaver
Regular User

Originally Posted by PeleProdigyGTO
comon you can't say that,
the exact same thing would happen with a formula 1 car if you where in 7th gear at 30km/h!

jeremy, as always was trying to make the car look crap.
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 02:05 PM   #27
possessed_beaver
Regular User

Originally Posted by insane
Originally Posted by possessed_beaver
Originally Posted by PeleProdigyGTO
comon you can't say that,
the exact same thing would happen with a formula 1 car if you where in 7th gear at 30km/h!

jeremy, as always was trying to make the car look crap.
Taking all of this into consideration, isn't the FQ330 still a better buy?
yes it probley is the better buy, clarkson diden;t seem to be trying to demonstrate this, he just wanted to make the car look like a piece of crap (in some aspects)
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 07:43 PM   #28
1zippo1
Regular User

I finally saw the episode aswell and it does seem that the more powerful EVO has more disadvanatges then advatagaes. But it was still very impressive how it kept up with the Murcielago.
Yep, same thing I thought but look at the times. The Murciélago is still quite a bit faster so how can the EVO with JC behind the wheel keep up so easily... sorry but it seems a bit like it's of a set-up.

I'm not saying the EVO is really fast and maybe nearly as fast as a Murciélago but I don't think they did this race thing for real. It looks to artificial IMO, they both should have their strong points. Here the EVO seemed to be better in the corners and on the straights... (take into account the difference between the drivers: the difference between Stig1 & Stig2 is allready huge. So how big should the difference be between JC and a touring car driver?) but how do you then explain the faster laptime?

I wouldn't be so sure of that watching the show...but who the hell is ever gonna put in 6th gear and drive around like that anway?
Another strage thing, the Fiat has a 1.6 and isn't that light, the EVO has a 2.0 Turbo. So even with the turbo lag, shouldn't the 2.0 outrun the 1.6. And it's not like it takes so long for any car to get into the good rev range... This is fake for sure! You can argue about the Murci vs EVO but this is just impossible.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 11:25 AM   #29
1zippo1
Regular User

Another strage thing, the Fiat has a 1.6 and isn't that light, the EVO has a 2.0 Turbo. So even with the turbo lag, shouldn't the 2.0 outrun the 1.6. And it's not like it takes so long for any car to get into the good rev range... This is fake for sure! You can argue about the Murci vs EVO but this is just impossible.
Actually I'm not so sure it's fake, there wouldn't be much point in it...
But as always, there's no way in telling unless you try it yourself.
Well try this: put your car in the highest gear and let the speed drop till just before the engine stalls. In the Toyota Yaris 1.0 of my mom I can go about 15km/h before that happens. Then apply full throttle and wait till the speed to build. The first couple of kilometers will take a long time, but you won't go very far since you're going so slowly (so you won't run out of runway that quickly). But after some 200 meters you'll surely pass 50km/h and the engine will start pulling. Just try it... It's true that it takes a long time to build up the revs but it's not like you'll need an airplane runway for them to build up... 400 meters max
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 11:43 AM   #30
crayzayjay
Regular User

I dont think its fake. FQ has 6 gears vs Fiat's 5....