Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 09-22-2004, 10:41 AM   #1
blinkmeat
Regular User

Default Women, the next chapter

Here's a message I just got from Barista girl.

"Hey, I'm so sorry it took so long for me to reply to your email.Â* I've been crazy busy the past two weeks.Â* If you're able to,Â*I'm working at Starbucks from 3-1030 on Saturday, you could come get your CD, if you have the chance.Â*Once again, I'm sorry it took so long."

Now, I'm trying to decide whether or not to pounce on this and say something like "Its no big deal as long as you make it up to me/ can't be there" (it really is a bitch to get there) or just play it cool and say "No worries, see you Saturday"

How does this kind of situation get played?
blinkmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 11:09 AM   #2
possessed_beaver
Regular User

always rember dude, she's in you're reality - not the other way around..

e-mail her back and play the "im busy on blah blah blah bu i think i mite be able to on blah"

atleast she is saying sorry (seeking you're qualification?!?!)
possessed_beaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2004, 11:17 AM   #3
ZfrkS62
Regular User

damn. you beat me to it beaver.

it's always better to pass off the first cheesy attempt to see each other. Setting up another time to get together will reflect better on you since going on saturday would just make it seem like the cd is the only reason you went to see her.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 08:28 AM   #4
blinkmeat
Regular User

This stuff is coming easier now. Meanwhile, does playing like you don't need a women in bar situations get them to come to you? How do you play it?

ps. sorry to anyone who thinks this shit is stupid
Old 09-23-2004, 09:31 AM   #5
possessed_beaver
Regular User

Originally Posted by blinkmeat
This stuff is coming easier now. Meanwhile, does playing like you don't need a women in bar situations get them to come to you? How do you play it?

ps. sorry to anyone who thinks this shit is stupid
ok if i was to play that at a bar, i mite get ONE chick if i was lucky come up to me, and even then there is only a 50/50 chance i could gte her number or get with her.

in that 3 hours of playing "hard to get" i could of went to evrey chick in the place, and gotten muiltiple numbers - go figure?

just be confident man, you have nothing to lose, and evreything to gain!
Old 09-23-2004, 12:55 PM   #6
ZfrkS62
Regular User

just be confident man, you have nothing to lose, and evreything to gain!
Just think of it this way, what are the chances that you'll ever see any of those women who say no again? It's not like high school where everyone knows you got shot down and laugh about it. Everyone in the place has been told no dozens of times.

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2004, 01:11 PM   #7
callen
Regular User

well assuming she is interested, she may have suggested the CD and mundane meeting spot of her workplace as a kinda test(women love these). Im assuming she likes you, so I would say you cant make it saturday, think of a good excuse, then ask her to meet another day. Do not mention the CD, because truthfully u dont care, u want her not the cd. if u can get her, u can get the cd whenever u feel like it. The only thing that bothers me about this situation is that you had not talked to her in over two weeks..... keep us posted blink meat.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:54 PM   #8
mindgam3
Regular User

girls always want you to do the chasing though, they dont wanna work at getting you. You've got to put all the effort in to meet her. So either go along on sat or as someone else said make up a real good excuse why u cant go but make sure you set another date otherwise she wont think ur interested
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 12:15 AM   #9
jamberl
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
girls always want you to do the chasing though, they dont wanna work at getting you. You've got to put all the effort in to meet her. So either go along on sat or as someone else said make up a real good excuse why u cant go but make sure you set another date otherwise she wont think ur interested
Not always.... some girls nowadays are the hunters. Which I personally think is really cool..... it shows character!
jamberl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 08:45 AM   #10
blinkmeat
Regular User

Without being straight-up how can you logistically get a phone number. My boys are telling me this is the next step in the process, but since I rarely see these girls I need to establish some kind of "talking foundation" outside of email.

Email is therefore my only real option here, unless I happen upon them by random luck. Which of course never seems to happen.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:37 AM   #11
RC45
Regular User

Without being straight-up how can you logistically get a phone number. My boys are telling me this is the next step in the process, but since I rarely see these girls I need to establish some kind of "talking foundation" outside of email.

Email is therefore my only real option here, unless I happen upon them by random luck. Which of course never seems to happen.
Just ask for it... duh...

She wanted to know if you can make the Saturday meet... well, tell her you will be on the road and will need to call her as your day opens up.

This isn't rocket science you know..
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 10:50 AM   #12
godspeed06
Regular User

Originally Posted by jamberl
Not always.... some girls nowadays are the hunters. Which I personally think is really cool..... it shows character!
tru dat, i've been at college for a month and i havent had to initiate one conversation with a girl. they have all come to me. im starting to like this modern shit. plus, and im not gonna lie, the booze help.
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 11:34 AM   #13
blinkmeat
Regular User

1st yr is always the easiest time to pick up chicks... from there it just gets harder as everyone starts taking education more seriously. So enjoy you lucky bastard
Old 09-24-2004, 11:42 AM   #14
possessed_beaver
Regular User

1st yr is always the easiest time to pick up chicks... from there it just gets harder as everyone starts taking education more seriously. So enjoy you lucky bastard
dude, the easiest day in you're life to pickup chicks is now!!!

actualy it's tommorow.. ohh no it's the day after,,, or well the day after that.. actualy a weeks time... no a months... fuck i mean it's in a years time..

incase you diden't pickup my frame, it's fucking anytime in ya life!!!
stop talking negative to yourself.. stop posting on JW.. get out there now and start fucking some chicks man!
Old 09-24-2004, 12:51 PM   #15
BADMIHAI
Regular User

get out there now and start fucking some chicks man!
I thought JabbasWorld doesn't condone zoophilia.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote