Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > What Do You Drive Or Ride ?

What Do You Drive Or Ride ? No bullshit inside here please

Old 09-27-2003, 06:38 PM   #1
hemi_fan
Regular User

Default Whos car is best!?!?!

I wanna know whos car is putting out:
1. The most power.
2. The fastest 1/4 Miles.
3. The rarest car.
and 4. The nicest paintjob/customization.

Please post your vehicles specs on here to see how your vehicle compares to some of the other JW rides. have fun!

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2003, 07:15 PM   #2
gis
Regular User

change your questions to :

1.the least power
2.the slowest 1/4 mile
3.the rarest car (kept the same coz other countrys dont have them)
4.nicest paintjob/customization

then i win most of them the first 2 anyway,lol

90hp
0-60 in roughly 9 seconds
top speed 115-120mph
1/4....................................ill start now and get back to you on that one

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/5803/dansigsp7.jpg
gis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 12:32 PM   #3
hemi_fan
Regular User

hahaha, those stats sound similar to my dad's 92 accord. But... since you posted first, you are technically winning in all categories. lmao

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 01:09 PM   #4
jon_s
Regular User

Ooooooooo, gis, I think my 1.25 Fiesta is close on your heels!

92bhp (hehehehe)
0-60, fook knows, too long
1/4 :shock:

hehe, once I pay off all my deabts form Uni e.t.c I shall change car, but untill then ZETEC POWER lol
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 04:02 PM   #5
gis
Regular User

lol,close battle between me and u dude.but really the 1.25 fiesta has 92hp.thats pretty good,i never knew that

Old 09-28-2003, 05:05 PM   #6
1zippo1
Regular User

I just looked it up and the fiesta 1.25 has 75hp. Or did you tune it?

I usually drive my moms car and it is just a little bit slower then a granny on a bike

Toyota Yaris 1.0 69hp 0-60 about 12 sec.

The car has little wheels and loses grip quite easily. The fun thing about that is you can toy with it a little in first gear.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 05:19 PM   #7
jon_s
Regular User

It has been tuned, nothing major but it has been:

Chipped
PBV'd (increase fuel)
K+N'd (don't do much)
Full Exhaust system (no, it does not have a huge exhaust, and no it does not sound like I am doing 70mph, when I am doing 30mph)
Cams.

Combination of Cams and Chip did the most. The 92bhp came from a rolling road session. However, they are not the be all and end all, as results can vary upto a shocking 20% :shock: At the end of the day it is a 1.25, so is not going to be quick! lol, but I just like fiddling around with engines.

If I cannot afford a new car any time soon, I might put a Racing Puma's Engine in it. Good for 150bhp (rough) standard. If not a real Racing Puma's (they are rare as fook!) then one can have a standard 1.7 built to racing spec. Oh and just another idea, a light pressure turbo is avaliable for the 1.7, which would bring it to around 200bhp, but I doubt I would ever do that. In fact I would much prefere to sell it and get something quick.
Old 09-28-2003, 05:36 PM   #8
gis
Regular User

hmmm,you done quiet a few things to your fiesta then,but again,the car will be fun along twisty country roads,just like the saxo

we will have to meet up in the future jon and have a little saxo vs fiesta race,country road style

i was thinkin bout some simple mods in the coming months,maybe after xmas,get the same as what u did,what u think i be lookin at hp wise after that,bout 115-120hp would u say?

Old 09-28-2003, 05:40 PM   #9
jon_s
Regular User

Still think you would wint that one, especially if you did a few engine mods..........and I will have a look into it mate, I will get an idea on prices too for you. I have not done much to the car to change the look of it. There are no silly spoilers, 4 exhausts e.t.c
Old 09-28-2003, 05:48 PM   #10
gis
Regular User

hey,thanks for that dude,id appreciate havin a rough price idea.

if i left the car as it is now,i think we would have one hell of a fun race,with the mods,hmmm,we will have to see.

im the same as u,i dont want the outside of the car to look different,as for the exhaust,i seen a nice single one,i think its a 2 1/2 inch one,maybe 3 inch,im not sure,but its by magnex im sure and the name of that style is called "imola" i think

Old 09-28-2003, 06:06 PM   #11
jon_s
Regular User

right, I will have prices for you in a couple of days as I have a silly busy Monday and Tuesday!! Anyway, to start with, sort out the exhaust. Don't just get a back box, as that will do fuck all!! Replacing the whole system on the other hand does a lot. Especially a free flow one, which includes the manifold. That would, from reading about, would release around 5bhp, combine that with an induction kit or pannel filter (there are arguments for both) would start to push 10bhp, I have yet to see any confirmed figures for that, but I can find them. That is really about all the easy mods that can be done, chipping, I will look into for your car, in terms of gains, price usually around errr, hummm, well mine cost £150--I think! lol, man I can't remember lol But the combination of a full system, filter and a chip, could see you touching 110bhp. Again, I will look for some definate figures, as I don't know a lot about Saxos' reaction to engine mods. Anyway, as I said, Wed, I will get you a little list and prices. 8)

p.s sorry for taking this thread over!!! I will start a new one!! Dunno if it is possible to move reply's about...TT?? Anyway, till Wed!!
Old 09-28-2003, 06:16 PM   #12
gis
Regular User

that be great mate,thanks.
i read a few months ago in a car magazine,i dunno if it was max power or not,well,one of the writers of the magazine had a saxo vtr for a while and he had a combo of a certain filter and a certain exhaust and he had a dyno proven gain of 25hp from the filter and exhaust,i thought it was crazy at first,but i guess its true if they saw it.

ive looked into the cams for the saxo VTR (pipercams) and for the cam only it costs £230 and for the cam full kit it costs £339.now that is quite some money,for sumthin that says will gain me UP TO 20hp,now i know the saxo wont gain that much,knowin my luck i will pay the full £339 and gain 1hp lol

Old 09-28-2003, 06:25 PM   #13
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by gis
..knowin my luck i will pay the full £339 and gain 1hp lol
You know you can actually fuck completely up the power delivery too and obtain a max of around 91 at let's say 6500 rpm, but have something like 35 up to 5000 and even worst for torque

No seriously... I already saw some dyno graphs that yes, had an higher max power compared to the stock car, but with the line full of "hole", with even the graph falling in the lower revs for a while... and so on...

And I prefer to have X hp with a fully useable power delivery than an high placed X+20 hp where you always have to keep the car high in the revs to use both torque and power

About the topic

My E36 320i has 150 hp stock, I just added a Remus sport muffler, and don't expect that figure to change that much
0-100 km/h (62 mph), mesured by me, is around 9.9 (official figures by BMW is 9.8, but BMW is always conservative, so I think my data can be true)
No idea about the quarter miles.. that sort of things doesn't exists around here and I don't really care
Old 09-28-2003, 06:31 PM   #14
gis
Regular User

yeah i know what u mean TT,i dont really wanna spend that ammount of money on sumthin that will mess up the car completely,i hear that cams can be a tricky thing when you lookin for serious power from an engine.to be honest,id be quite happy with filter,exhaust and the car chipping.one guy at a garage my dad knows said the chip they can get increases the redline from 6200rpm to 6700rpm (VTS redline) i dunno of that will make the car any better,or faster for that means.

any ideas?

Old 09-28-2003, 06:37 PM   #15
1zippo1
Regular User

The cars wich you can tune the most effective performance/cost speaking are turbo diesels. With just a chip you can easily add about 30 hp and also important, about 50NM of torque! VW TDI's in particular are pretty popular engine's to tune.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote