Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Computers, Consoles, Gadgets And Gizmos

Old 06-29-2004, 05:16 PM   #1
antonioledesma
Regular User

Default kazaa songs problem

maybe it's pointless to open a new topic for this little problem I have with kazaa.
some weeks ago my girlfriend and a buddy asked me to search for some songs over the net and burn them into a music cd (are these piracy-bootleg allowed here?).
I had lots of problems finding 12 songs for my friend (popular rappers, r&b, poooop rock, famous songs) , I had to download 8 or 9 of them like 15 times! After the download I listened to the songs so they didn't have any skips, etc. but had a terrible noise, the music and the time counter stopped in all those songs. After a while searching for those songs I found them and burned them

With my girlsfriend's cd I had no problems (more spanish language related artists)

now for some days I have spent some time searching for some songs for me (one is featured on the top gear preview of the season in the first episode. Yes that song JC bitched about) and the same problem appears again
Also in the kazaa search results field I get "different" songs from the same user (different and very strange bitrate,lenght, file names, etc).
Is this caused by the goddammed RIIA or what?

Can anyone help me?
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:30 PM   #2
oscargarza88
Regular User

that is completely normal, it happens with popular songs most of the time, so when ur looking for songs dont doenload the popular ones, u will have less problems, and with spanosh songs since they r less popular u dont have more probs., i think they do this so they dont sue them or something
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 05:33 PM   #3
callen
Regular User

i think this is the recording industry flooding curupt files on the P2P servers, this is just my thoughts, cause i never ever had this problem before the RIAA started gettin mad and apparently getting even. i havent downloaded much since, its too much of a hassle, so i just rely on my stuff that i got before the probs started(about 1000 songs so im doin fine)
Old 06-29-2004, 07:13 PM   #4
gigdy
Regular User

yeah its the riaa. you just have to know what to look for in the file name to know which is real. eg. the initials of a relase group.
Old 06-29-2004, 07:17 PM   #5
TT
Regular User

If I'm not wrong that terrible noise is there when you actually rip some CD.. .it's a protection put there not by RIIA but by the artist's label... it simply make impossible to rip and convert it to mp3 as far as I saw on TV... but I wonder how such files end up in p2p network.. if you create an mp3 you want to share, at least listen to it before putting it into the shared folder...
Old 06-29-2004, 07:29 PM   #6
BADMIHAI
Regular User

It's even worse with movies. I was looking for Fahrenheir 9/11 and I none of the movies that came up with that name were the actual movie. Thank God for AVI Preview.
BADMIHAI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:49 AM   #7
gigdy
Regular User

If I'm not wrong that terrible noise is there when you actually rip some CD.. .it's a protection put there not by RIIA but by the artist's label... it simply make impossible to rip and convert it to mp3 as far as I saw on TV... but I wonder how such files end up in p2p network.. if you create an mp3 you want to share, at least listen to it before putting it into the shared folder...
you kind of disproved your own point there. For those who use k++ they have an ip blocker that supposedly blocks ips that are known to be the riaa sharing the crappy files.

It's even worse with movies. I was looking for Fahrenheir 9/11 and I none of the movies that came up with that name were the actual movie. Thank God for AVI Preview.
As for that. its just cus ppl are retards. for some reason they want ppl to download the wrong movie.
Old 06-30-2004, 02:04 AM   #8
stracing
Regular User

i have more luck with emule getting songs. it may be a bit longer but you usually get the song on first dl. i've completly scrapped kazaa because of the amount of fakes
stracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 02:20 AM   #9
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by gigdy
you kind of disproved your own point there. For those who use k++ they have an ip blocker that supposedly blocks ips that are known to be the riaa sharing the crappy files.
Even when any prog tries to hide your ip, you still need it to send/receive the files, so a well trained computer hacker, geek, etc. could find a way to crack the programs ip blocker to find your ip direction. I read some news that the riia sued +- 450 persons for file sharing, but they don't mention which p2p prog the bootleg "outlaws" used.

one thing I've seen over the last few weeks is:

look, the same user has tons of files of the same song, with different and very strange bitrates, time lenghts, etc. And strangely almost all have the same bandwidth (is it me or what?)
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:00 AM   #10
he7lius
Regular User

I used kazaa a lot but after some on the music labels started introducing corrupted files to the network i almost stopped completely.
Now that kazaa is very famous the music industry tries everything to stop it.

I u think it's better to use a not so well known program like audiogalaxy.
I use bit torrent for music now as if i like one song i usually download the whole album.
he7lius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 01:47 PM   #11
DeMoN
Regular User

I know what you are talking about, I have had this problem too. Some songs play no sound, some have that weird noise in them, and some are not even the real song. There are tons of people messing up the songs call it RIAA or call it idiots with nothing better to do. What you should do to avoit getting fake files is:

- If you want a file and say 22 users have it, click on the + sign to display the list. When you do this, try checking if all the file sizes are the same and also look if all the files are .mp3 Sometimes, they rename files to match some other file and then you end off with crap. Since you get the file from more than 1 person, then its basically mixing 2 songs.

- Instead of going for the file that 40 users are sharing, you should go for those that have 3 to 8 and have very similar filesizes and no different file extensions. Also, files that have (1).mp3 or (2).mp3 at the end usually dont work.

- When you start dowloading the file you think is correct, right click on it and have it play on the theater once you have about 1/4th of it. It wont start playing right away, you have to manually go to the theater and click play over there. This way you know if you are dloading the correct file. Many times, you dload a song which plays nothing or is ruined. If this is the case, you can stop dloading it.

- Finally, when you dowload a song and you play it, if it has many noises... you can re-encode it. That is what I did with a couple of songs and it fixed them. Dowload the program Easy CD-DA Extractor 6 and use the "Easy Audio File Converter" tool to re-encode the file. In my case, this removed the noise from the damaged .mp3 files

Hope this works for you or else I just spent quite some time typing and yo ureading lol
Old 06-30-2004, 01:52 PM   #12
DeMoN
Regular User

p.s. forgot to tell you that u that if you use Kazaa Lite Resurection... go under TOOLS and use the bad ip updater to filter out ips
Old 06-30-2004, 03:38 PM   #13
gigdy
Regular User

Even when any prog tries to hide your ip, you still need it to send/receive the files, so a well trained computer hacker, geek, etc. could find a way to crack the programs ip blocker to find your ip direction. I read some news that the riia sued +- 450 persons for file sharing, but they don't mention which p2p prog the bootleg "outlaws" used.
No u misunderstood, what it is supposed to do is block you from downloading from riaa addresses, so you get less funked up songs.
Old 06-30-2004, 06:30 PM   #14
abbor
Regular User

You could also look for "inperfect" file names...
If the music companies distribute the files, then they would likely name the files perfectly... Ex: The Streets - Fit But You Know It, is more likely to be a false file than f.ex: Streets - Fit but you know.. If you get my point
abbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 12:31 AM   #15
chipanggo
Regular User

this is definitely a problem when you dl songs p2p. it maybe an anti-piracy thing.
chipanggo is offline   Reply With Quote