Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 06-19-2004, 05:08 AM   #1
DR.GONZO
Regular User

Default Help Please

My brother is thinking of getting rid of his Ws6 t/a! For a Supra Is there any great info You know about them Which Particular Year's/models Were Better? Any site's with great Info on the 94-98 supra? Any Info greatly Appreciated, Thanks Everyone
DR.GONZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2004, 05:10 AM   #2
Evo
Regular User

Ask Gis.. He is a supra freak and could help you a lot..
Old 06-19-2004, 05:20 AM   #3
TT
Regular User

Dang Gonzo, after a whole year you still didn't get why we have a "car chat" section?
Old 06-19-2004, 05:14 PM   #4
DR.GONZO
Regular User

thanks evo, tt lol I guess not, I wasn't thinking I just went to genreral chat about anything but thanks for moving it here Will probably get me more help my bad lol
DR.GONZO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 07:33 PM   #5
Bling
Regular User

okay so he wants a mark 4 supra...

thats a 93 to 98 model...

93 to 95 are obd1 and therefore easier to get emissions straight...

i think all 98's are auto.

other than that they're aren't many differences in the years. tell your brother this, a supra is expensive. not just to buy, but to mod. since the f@f the kbb on that car jumped up like $10k. mods are expensive. with that said, you got the cash then you came to the right car to play with. stock block can hold over 900 rwhp. chasis is great. comfortable ride. and girls LOVE that car. you might ask if im accredited with supras, well yeah...i worked on a pro race team last year in the us on the ndra circuit. are shops car (its not my car) runs 9.28 on street tires in the quarter.

what specific ?'s you need answered?
Bling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:10 PM   #6
hemi_fan
Regular User

Getting rid of a T/A for a supra!?! That would be a tough call, but I presonally would want the Supra. I would think that the newer the better as long as u can get the manual tranny... but after reading Bling's more informative post, i guess not.

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:17 PM   #7
graywolf624
Regular User

I'd take a supra over a t/a except for one thing. The supra costs way too much cause of demand. There nice, don't get me wrong.. But for the price of a tt supra(the only one thats really gonna compare to the t/a in performance) from 98 you could prolly get 3 t/as from 98.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2004, 10:27 PM   #8
Minacious
Regular User

All '98s are not auto. It was the '96s that were all autos.

Have your brother go here: http://www.supraforums.com/

Make sure the one he gets is TT and not N/A or he will be very dissapointed in the performance.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:42 PM   #9
Bling
Regular User

appreciate it minacious, i couldnt remember. honestly a t/a is a fast stock car. throw like a 150 shot and some duals and haul ass. yeah, okay so then you max out everything and you make like 600 ish at the tire. not bad and certainly fast. you want to really move though? you want to piss off ferrari owners on the highway? get the supra, put a big single on it. and go run down formerly fast t/a's.

import all the way.

sorry man.

pooraforums is a great place to go learn btw, go call.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:53 PM   #10
T-Bird
Regular User

/\/\ What do you mean by Duals? dual exhaust, because a WS6 Trans/Am fast as fuck car has dual exhaust some even came with factory installed SLP straight pipes (mind you the car was built by SLP just like the SS) I personally would stick with the WS6 since everyone here is admitting that the Supra costs a bitch load of money and 900hp is not cheap to do period it involves more than just engine mods unless you don't want to move or stop. Also American Muscle cars rule period.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 09:32 PM   #11
X-ale
Regular User

Originally Posted by T-Bird
Also American Muscle cars rule period.
Until it trys to turn
X-ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:09 PM   #12
T-Bird
Regular User

/\/\ now let's not turn this into one of those./\/\
But they don't need to turn because they just kick the ass out and go from there eventhough they handle better than people give them credit for and how well do you expect a very heavy 1000hp Supra to handle?
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:32 PM   #13
hemi_fan
Regular User

Yeah, a T/A has the handling package, and firebirds are known to handle well... i bet it could out-handle a Supra. Also, for the money, im sure he could build up a nice 700-800hp LS1 in that mofo that would dominate 1000hp supras easily. For some reason, 1000hp supras are never nearly as fast as they should be. I mean, ive seen them running double digit 1/4 miles... come on... I know a guy on the mustang forums that runs a 500hp Fox-Body that runs mid-10s on street tires... They're good for highway runs, but thats about it. Id stick w/ the T/A if it were my call.

1990 Ford Mustang GT
Factory Rated: 225hp, 300lbs tq
http://www.cardomain.com/profile/hemi_fan
hemi_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2004, 10:34 PM   #14
graywolf624
Regular User

stock for stock a transam with a 1le suspension would hand a supra it's ass.
graywolf624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2004, 09:12 PM   #15
Bling
Regular User

well it boils down to the old import vs domestic thought. ws6's aint cheap either man. it is easier to mod an all motor car. supras can make over 800 with BOLT ons. possible, yeah ive helped put em together at www.batlground.com where I used to work last summer. as far as handling. supras and t/a's are really big cars when you get them. stock supras weigh like 3400 lbs, i imagine the t/a is similar. stock for stock on the track, the t/a would probably win, but that has more to do with the torque curve on a all motor car vs a turbo car. i know you all have your opinions, but one thing doesnt change...as pretty as a t/a is, it still has that shit plastic gm interior. uhh, no class.