Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat > Car Gallery

Old 06-09-2004, 11:10 AM   #1
oscargarza88
Regular User

Default Is This Rice?

hey,
this is a friends car and he has modded it ALOT as u can see, but in the motor too, it does about 12.3 in the 1/4 mile also with roll cage and stugg like that, so it looks kinda rice with that wing but does the perfomrence change that?
heres the pic:
oscargarza88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:14 AM   #2
Sachmo12345
Regular User

yup

Xbox Live Gamertag: sachmo12345
Sachmo12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:15 AM   #3
jon_s
Regular User

Ummmm, yes lol

There are very few cars that warrent a spoiler like that, despite the engine stuff, it is not one of them. In all fairness it is not too bad, I have seen worse, the fact that there have been engine mods makes it more acceptable, but it is still rice, the body kit, stickers and spoiler don't make it faster. If it lost the stickers it would be a lot better, and if it lost the spoiler it would be quite nice!
jon_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:20 AM   #4
schnell318
Regular User

I´m afraid so...
schnell318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:24 AM   #5
TT
Regular User

As the others, I fear so.. what about those fake air intake on the side of the front bumper for instance? Or is there actually a hole for the air to pass... and to go... on the tire?
Old 06-09-2004, 11:31 AM   #6
1zippo1
Regular User

In short, I think if you add lots of visual add's to a car that aren't immediatly necessary for uprating the performance, you could call it rice
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:33 AM   #7
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

the most blatent use of rice on the car are the cobra emblems on the side and the front grill, since the car is a GT. yea the front and rear spoilers are pretty excessive as well as the stickers.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:33 AM   #8
oscargarza88
Regular User

hm...
i thouht so... i thought it was ok xcept of the spoiler and those vents...
and even though eveyone tells him to take the spoiler off he doesnt care.. i would have spent more money on engine and less on body
Old 06-09-2004, 11:42 AM   #9
oscargarza88
Regular User

ohh and btw this is his sons car, i think its also a bit rice but not so much because he doesnt have all that money to spend haha, he has also made some engine mods but not soo many (its the yellow one)

and while were on it instead of opening a nother thread could someone help me with this: http://www.monterreyautoclub.com/videos_01.htm they have some good vids but i cant play them, it doesnt even tell me what plugin to use
thanks
Old 06-09-2004, 12:12 PM   #10
corvette97
Regular User

I thinks is not totaly fucked but being a mustang spoils everything! sorry i can't deal with mustangs even the cobra! i hate them!
Old 06-09-2004, 12:14 PM   #11
oscargarza88
Regular User

^^
why? cause theys too common?
Old 06-09-2004, 04:08 PM   #12
corvette97
Regular User

i dont know wich is the gen of your friends car, the first pic, i mean the design is totally a product of lazyness. and he problem is not that there are too many, the problem is that the 80% of them are riced.
Old 06-09-2004, 05:12 PM   #13
LotusGT1
Regular User

When someone says a car is riced out, they are usually basing this observation on the appearance or sound of a vehicle. The chapters display several ways riceboys change their vehicle's appearance, and from this we can apply variations of each of these "mods" to the term "riced out."

Typically, if someone adds stickers to their car, regardless of its actual performance capabilities, it can be called riced out. Granted, you can jokingly say that funny cars and various other high performance dragsters are "riced out." This is obviously not the case, but using sarcasm we can say these cars are riced out when in fact the whole world knows that this is truely not the case. At the same time we realize that this is the image the rice boy tries to obtain. Dragsters often times use stickers to promote the sponsors of the vehicles. Riceboys will promote "HONDA IMPORT RACING TEAM" with stickers plastered every which way just because it creates the image of being fast. Whether or not the stickers are performance related, it's fun to call your buddies riceboys when they have any after market sticker on their vehicle.

Any vehicle with a damaged muffler can sound ricey. The hardcore riceboys have a fart-sounding exhaust, and typically when any "normal" 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder loses its muffler, it sounds like a fart. The person probably does not enjoy this sound but just has not had time to visit the exhaust shop. We call these vehicles riced out, again utilizing sarcasm. We say this because the riceboy does not realize it, but he looks like these normal people with loud fart-sounding exhaust on an economy car. Except in riceboy's mind, this farting noise is the sound of performance.

Often times because rice boys think that fog lights add horsepower when applied in excess numbers to their vehicles, we like to call even factory fog lights "rice lights." Try it with your friends, you too can be cool and drive with your rice lights on during the day!

This car is ugly, I wouldn't call it rice per se....
Old 06-09-2004, 07:04 PM   #14
ak1na
Regular User

It would look better without the decal and the double decker wing.
ak1na is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 07:23 PM   #15
T-Bird
Regular User

Originally Posted by corvette97
i dont know wich is the gen of your friends car, the first pic, i mean the design is totally a product of lazyness. and he problem is not that there are too many, the problem is that the 80% of them are riced.
Um 80% of them are NOT riced buddy most of them are stock actually and very few of the V8's are riced mostly the V6's are. but definitely NOT 80% that's way too excessive.

And those are actually very similar to the vinyls from the BOSS concept from a while ago.
That wing on the back is definitely rice the one on the yellow car isn't really rice since it was on the Cobra R and the Roush 360/380R but if he does that he has to use one of the corresponding body kits not that standard body. He has to take that damn cobra symbol on the side off since the Mustang is still on the front. Actually both of them need to take the Cobras off. BTW nice Shelby.
T-Bird is offline   Reply With Quote