Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 05-11-2004, 06:41 PM   #796
666fast
Regular User

Some lovely houses down in that Star Island!
Welcome to JW Miami01!
Old 05-11-2004, 06:57 PM   #797
teto
Regular User

lovely houses and the place is wonderful...your house looks great just like the ones of the famous people...and the pool is just a nice size...congratulations Miami01
teto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2004, 09:01 PM   #798
coombsie66
Regular User

Yeah, miami, that is the condor ferry in the last pic, its a huge catermeran that carries cars and passengers, its jet powered and fuckin quick as far as ferries go. It goes from poole harbour to the channel islands and then on to st malo in france i think.
However it may be great in the calm, but in the shitty stormy weather its really light in the water and gets buffeted around everywhere! Hence when my family and i took a trip to gurnsey one shit wintery morning, my brother and dad were the only people aboard not to empty their guts into the toilets, sinks, urinals, and in my case, half way up the main stairs running for the balcony!! That was a fun trip!
Then when we got there and everyone said, oh thank god for that, 'how long are you staying for?' we were only on a day trip!!!!!!!! So had to endure the same on the way home that night!!!!!!!!!!
Nitemare.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:13 PM   #799
Anonymous

Originally Posted by coombsie66
Yeah, miami, that is the condor ferry in the last pic, its a huge catermeran that carries cars and passengers, its jet powered and fuckin quick as far as ferries go. It goes from poole harbour to the channel islands and then on to st malo in france i think.
However it may be great in the calm, but in the shitty stormy weather its really light in the water and gets buffeted around everywhere! Hence when my family and i took a trip to gurnsey one shit wintery morning, my brother and dad were the only people aboard not to empty their guts into the toilets, sinks, urinals, and in my case, half way up the main stairs running for the balcony!! That was a fun trip!
Then when we got there and everyone said, oh thank god for that, 'how long are you staying for?' we were only on a day trip!!!!!!!! So had to endure the same on the way home that night!!!!!!!!!!
Nitemare.
Yeah thats the ferry that is always getting cancelled in really rough weather- i've frequently heard its not sailing on the local radio down in dorset, i guess it doesn't handle the weather to well from your description. When i've been on day trips we take the Barfllour out of poole to cherbourg overnight (i know slow) and come back the next night, its much better and i've never felt sick even in proper gale force winds!,if you ever want to go to france i would reccomend that and not one of the light but quick ferrys if you don't want to empty your stomach again I also have expierience of a very small ferry to the isle of white and I also chucked!!
Old 05-12-2004, 12:47 AM   #800
Erez
Regular User

Location: not where i want to be.. but life's a bitch i guess..

Originally Posted by Jabba
Why do I always pick the most expensive things....lol...
yeah.. same here.. everything i like is always the most expensive... EVERYTHING!

Things worth having don't come easy..
Erez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2004, 02:48 AM   #801
nthfinity
Regular User

Jabba wrote:
Why do I always pick the most expensive things....lol...

yeah.. same here.. everything i like is always the most expensive... EVERYTHING!
i dont have the luxury (yet) of buying some of the things id like, however, i would have to concure with the above expensive beer, expensive computer, expensive entertainment and home theater equipment.... better is better
Old 05-12-2004, 10:53 AM   #802
coombsie66
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL123
Nitemare.
Yeah thats the ferry that is always getting cancelled in really rough weather- i've frequently heard its not sailing on the local radio down in dorset, i guess it doesn't handle the weather to well from your description. When i've been on day trips we take the Barfllour out of poole to cherbourg overnight (i know slow) and come back the next night, its much better and i've never felt sick even in proper gale force winds!,if you ever want to go to france i would reccomend that and not one of the light but quick ferrys if you don't want to empty your stomach again I also have expierience of a very small ferry to the isle of white and I also chucked!!
Yeah, i took teh barfleur over to cherbourg overnight when i went over to france for a french exchange in my junior school, its quite a nice boat.
As we're on the subject, im goin across from portsmouth to sum french port in a few weeks time, on my way to LEMANS!!! Planning a road trip wiv mates and family of a friend whos racing the morgan there. Gunna be amazing!!

Oops, just realised we've mananged to thread hijack again Al!! ops:
Sorry jabba
Old 05-12-2004, 11:34 AM   #803
Anonymous

Nitemare.
Yeah, i took teh barfleur over to cherbourg overnight when i went over to france for a french exchange in my junior school, its quite a nice boat.
As we're on the subject, im goin across from portsmouth to sum french port in a few weeks time, on my way to LEMANS!!! Planning a road trip wiv mates and family of a friend whos racing the morgan there. Gunna be amazing!!

Sorry jabba
yep thread hijack ops: But kinda back on topic of houses your family place at sandbanks, looks like a fantastic view, i'd hate to think what they'd go for now! well worth it though for the fun you could have in summer during the day and night , apart from all the ricers in bournmouth who drive round all night i talked about, just horrible, car wise down south especially the boyed up novas
Old 05-12-2004, 11:46 AM   #804
coombsie66
Regular User

Yeah, we used to own the house and garden 3 houses down from the flats, but due to inheritence tax reasons we had to sell it in order to keep it if u c wat i mean, so we sold that, and bought this penthouse, which was in shit order, so my grandad organised renovation of it, Its pretty nice now. Its great in the summer, and the ricers dont make it as far as sandbanks, cus there are too many ferraris porches, beemers, mercs etc to put them to shame!! lol
Old 05-13-2004, 01:15 AM   #805
PATo355
Regular User

Welcome to our forum Miami01 , lovely house that you got there , prices of houses in that area are sick !!! , well hope you enjoy our community and pics are appretiated as they are just your 3rd post

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 08:42 AM   #806
Jabba
Regular User

Nitemare.

Sorry jabba
yep thread hijack ops: But kinda back on topic of houses your family place at sandbanks, looks like a fantastic view, i'd hate to think what they'd go for now! well worth it though for the fun you could have in summer during the day and night , apart from all the ricers in bournmouth who drive round all night i talked about, just horrible, car wise down south especially the boyed up novas
Feel free to hi-jack the thread as long as what your posting is property related of course.
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 10:23 AM   #807
Miami01
Regular User

Allright back to property related topics then...

Please do not post outside Jabbasworld, thank you!!

Miami01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 12:18 PM   #808
Jabba
Regular User

TREMENDOUS !!!! I think I have been well and truly "owned" on this one....

Are the pictures all from the same house ??? even if they are not they are truly SUPERB...

Thanks for posting them for us to drooooooool over 8)
Jabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 12:38 PM   #809
PATo355
Regular User

Wow man you own the hell of a house , but this is the best touch so far , i would like to have one of those

Cheers 8)

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2004, 12:46 PM   #810
TVR_Fan
Regular User

You are loaded with the da dosh, what da job do you do Jabbas.
TVR_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote