PDA

View Full Version : Honda VS THE BIG RED

Anonymous
03-16-2004, 04:48 PM
honda is improving along with toyota. I think with in the next 5 years honda will be on top. Just like what happened in CHAMP CAR. Just give them time to get some experience[/img]

SPEEDKILLAR
03-16-2004, 05:48 PM
honda is improving along with toyota. I think with in the next 5 years honda will be on top. Just like what happened in CHAMP CAR. Just give them time to get some experience[/img]

Nobody fucks around with Toyota :!: :!: :!: end of discussion
:wink:

ae86_16v
03-18-2004, 10:38 PM
Well remember that Honda has been there before w/ McLaren.

Yeah, but Toyota is spending A LOT of money to buy a championship. This years team will be around 500million dollars, right up there with Ferrari. But F1 has a very steep learning curve. The question is if Toyota keeps spending like they are now, is not "If" they'll win a championship, it is simply a matter of "When".

The BAR006 w/ the Honda engine and Jenson driving definitely looked good at Melbourne.

I think we could see either one of those teams on top before 5 years. . . maybe in the next 2 to 3.

SPEEDCORE
03-20-2004, 08:12 AM
The way things are currently heading I dont see Honda winning with BAR anytime soon... Toyota on the other hand might become a Top 4 within 5years and maybe win within 10years,

Anonymous
03-22-2004, 05:26 PM
CONSTRUCTORS CHAMPIONSHIP POSITIONS:
POS CONSTRUCTOR POINTS
1. FERRARI 33
2. WILLIAMS-BMW 17
3. RENAULT 14
4. BAR-HONDA 9
5. MCLAREN-MERCEDES 4
6. SAUBER-PETRONAS 1

5vz-fe
03-22-2004, 07:03 PM
Yeah...honda had done an excellent job over the winter and the reliability of the engine has been improved dramtically (from what I see so far)

Toyota, I think their money is down the drain, the performance they get on track is not proportional to the money they spend

Tomerville
03-22-2004, 07:21 PM
What happened to Toyota anyway this season?

Anonymous
03-22-2004, 07:42 PM
MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX RESULTS - MARCH 21, 2004 - 56 LAPS
POS DRIVER NATIONALITY ENTRANT LAPS TIRE TIME/RETIRE
1. MICHAEL SCHUMACHER Germany Ferrari 56 1h31m07.490
2. JUAN PABLO MONTOYA Colombia Williams-BMW 56 5.022
3. JENSON BUTTON Britain BAR-Honda 56 11.568
4. RUBENS BARRICHELLO Brazil Ferrari 56 13.615
5. JARNO TRULLI Italy Renault 56 37.360
6. DAVID COULTHARD Britain McLaren-Mercedes 56 53.098
7. FERNANDO ALONSO Spain Renault 56 1m07.877
8. FELIPE MASSA Brazil Brazil 55 1 Lap
9. CRISTIANO DA MATTA Brazil Toyota 55 1 Lap
10. CHRISTIAN KLIEN Austria Jaguar-Cosworth 55 1 Lap
11. GIANCARLO FISICHELLA Italy Sauber-Petronas 55 1 Lap
12. OLIVIER PANIS France Toyota 55 1 Lap
13. GIORGIO PANTANO Italy Jordan-Ford 54 2 Laps
14. GIANMARIA BRUNI Italy Minardi-Cosworth 53 3 Laps
15. TAKUMA SATO Japan BAR-Honda 52 4 Laps
16. ZSOLT BAUMGARTNER Hungary Minardi-Cosworth

Toyota is not doing to good so far

check this out
http://www.grandprix.com/race/r715raceresults.html

ae86_16v
03-23-2004, 12:57 AM
The way things are currently heading I dont see Honda winning with BAR anytime soon... Toyota on the other hand might become a Top 4 within 5years and maybe win within 10years,

How do you figure? BAR is doing really well so far. . .

crsbarnard
03-25-2004, 01:16 AM
I would like to see Honda return to their former glory hopefully with BAR.
David Richards seems to have done a good job with Prodrive with the rallies etc.
so he seems capable of steering BAR to the top.

ae86_16v
04-04-2004, 03:56 PM
I would like to see Honda return to their former glory hopefully with BAR.
David Richards seems to have done a good job with Prodrive with the rallies etc.
so he seems capable of steering BAR to the top.

Looks like they are well on their way. Another double points finish for BAR and another podium finish for Button. :) Bravo.

bmwfreak
04-04-2004, 04:02 PM
Yes, congratulations to Jenson. What a drive! I watched the race from start to finish. Sato had a blinder as well. If he hadnt been a victim of Ralf's misplaced aggression, he might have been way up there as well.

BAR are looking REALLY good. They might even win a race this year. If renault could do it last year, BAR are in with a shout as well.

As for McLaren... Oh dear.

5vz-fe
04-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Hey now, don't say anything bad about Mclaren now........they give a good show.
I really think they did............... nice fireworks....that cost money you know? :mrgreen:

5vz-fe
04-04-2004, 04:26 PM
1 Year for Formula 1 Developement at Mclaren 300million pounds
Michellin Racing Tires 1000 each
Drivers Salary at Mclaren 5million pounds

Blowing up every race so far for 2004 for Kimi........PRICELESS

There's something money can buy, but for blowups there's Kimi's Mclaren 0X

sentra_dude
04-04-2004, 04:33 PM
Yeah, but Toyota is spending A LOT of money to buy a championship. This years team will be around 500million dollars, right up there with Ferrari.

You're delusional...Ferrari's budget is ~330million US dollars and Toyota's is around 300 million...not 500million. ;) :P

bmwfreak
04-04-2004, 04:56 PM
1 Year for Formula 1 Developement at Mclaren 300million pounds
Michellin Racing Tires 1000 each
Drivers Salary at Mclaren 5million pounds

Blowing up every race so far for 2004 for Kimi........PRICELESS

There's something money can buy, but for blowups there's Kimi's Mclaren 0X

Indeed, priceless. The whole left bank, up in flames. Somebody on another thread somewhere was wondering where to get a video of an engine failure. JUst get the Bahrain, Malaysian and Australian GP highlights. (=

SFDMALEX
04-04-2004, 06:32 PM
Yeah, but Toyota is spending A LOT of money to buy a championship. This years team will be around 500million dollars, right up there with Ferrari.

You're delusional...Ferrari's budget is ~330million US dollars and Toyota's is around 300 million...not 500million. ;) :P

Those press numbers are as accurate as fuck knows what.

Just like everyone is saying that Ferrari is paying scumi 30mil....gimme a break.

we will not know teams real budgets just like we dont know real HP figures.

ae86_16v
04-04-2004, 07:28 PM

At the beginning of the season, news reports were saying $500 million. Now it seems like around $400 million (US Dollars). It also seems like that the one engine rule is helping to reduce cost.

http://www.fastmachines.com/archives/f1/001603.php

http://www.bized.ac.uk/current/mind/2003_4/080304.htm

http://forum.racesimcentral.com/printthread.php?t=143694

SPEEDCORE
04-08-2004, 05:21 AM

Yeah cause McLaren hasnt been on the ball, these past few races. If McLaren wasnt having this bad run would BAR still of made the top3??? F1 is always amazing, winning championships one season, struggling the next. Honda need to be more commited in F1(will they even still be there next year?) and then I can say that they have a chance to win in the next few years. Winning cause the top runs are DNF is one thing(eg: Panis Monaco 96), Winning Beating the top runners running is quite another.

McLaren are just having a bad spell but Im sure they will bounce back by San Marino. Ferrari last year started bad and I dont have to tell you who ended up winning :)

Its good to see teams moving upto Ferrari's level not making Ferrari go down to thiers.

ae86_16v
04-08-2004, 06:51 PM

Yeah cause McLaren hasnt been on the ball, these past few races. If McLaren wasnt having this bad run would BAR still of made the top3??? F1 is always amazing, winning championships one season, struggling the next. Honda need to be more commited in F1(will they even still be there next year?) and then I can say that they have a chance to win in the next few years. Winning cause the top runs are DNF is one thing(eg: Panis Monaco 96), Winning Beating the top runners running is quite another.

McLaren are just having a bad spell but Im sure they will bounce back by San Marino. Ferrari last year started bad and I dont have to tell you who ended up winning :)

Its good to see teams moving upto Ferrari's level not making Ferrari go down to thiers.

Two 3rd places for Jenson. Beat out Renault and Williams BMW. Either way you look at it, they have a very competitive package right now. And no one is even close to Ferrari. But in terms of the rest of the field I am will to replace both McLaren and Renualt with BAR and put BAR right up there w/ Williams BMW.