Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Japanese Cars

Japanese Cars Japanese car discussion

Old 02-20-2008, 01:32 PM   #1
gangajas
Regular User

Default The Mine's GT-R R35 has already beaten the 1 minute mark at Tsukuba

And the car is still under development

http://www.gtchannel.com/files/img_3788.jpg

Above: Mine's President Michizo Niikura and a happy Tetsuya Yamano
Top tier Nissan GT-R tuner Mine's has done it again. With Tetsuya Yamano behind the wheel, the Mine's tuned Nissan R35 GT-R lapped Japan's Tsukuba circuit in 59.367 seconds. According to our records this is the fastest lap time we have seen so far at the Japanese bench mark circuit with the all new Nissan GT-R.

http://www.gtchannel.com/files/img_3719_6.jpg

Above: The Mine's GT-R blisters past the straightaway
Mine's first surprised us in December when they brought out their still stock GT-R to a Rev Speed Tsukuba track day on the day the Nissan dealers were to first receive delivery of the GT-R. Then at the Tokyo Auto Salon at the beginning of January, they announced an entire line up of parts for the all new GT-R. This was the first time attack with all of the Mine's go fast goodies fully equipped.
The Mine's GT-R has a Mine's rear wing, suspension kit, titanium exhaust pipe with catalyzer stabilizer, full brake kit with rotors, VX air filter and the Mine's VXROM computer chip that is the core of their technology. Upcoming still in development are aero parts like the mirror, hood, front canards, carbon front spoiler and side outlets. We can't imagine how fast this thing will go with all of these parts fully installed.
http://www.gtchannel.com/content.php?cid=15675

Last edited by nthfinity; 02-21-2008 at 12:04 AM.
gangajas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:06 PM   #2
yg60m
Regular User

I love this tuner ! But they also said that it was very difficult to tune the car.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:23 PM   #3
pagani
Regular User

Smile

Originally Posted by yg60m View Post
I love this tuner ! But they also said that it was very difficult to tune the car.
They said the same thing about the porsche 997 turbo and looks what the tuners do now.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:10 PM   #4
RC45
Regular User

As long as all you GT-R lovers realize this is a super-tuner modded car... not the stock car - so don't use these results to "prove" the PS3 wonder in other tests hehe
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:12 PM   #5
enzoferrari
Regular User

bad news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autoblog
Nissan GT-R can't take aftermarket wheels, unapproved race tracks are out
MotorTrend's Scott Kanemura sat down with Michizio Niikura, the president of MINE'S Motor Sports, the first aftermarket firm to get its hands on the new Nissan GT-R. The conversation centered on the roadblocks Nissan has put in place to stimy high speeds and limit modifications to the GT-R.

We've previously reported on how the GPS system fitted to the GT-R would remove the 111 mph (180 kph) speed limiter when the car arrives at a track, but according to Niikura, it will only work on pre-approved racetracks. However, the GPS sensor doesn't automatically remove the limiter by itself, it has to be manually changed by navigating through a series of menus on the GT-R's touch screen. While having to go to a Nissan-approved track is daft in its own right, it's even worse when you leave. After the track day, owners are required to head on over to a Nissan High Performance Center where a $1000 safety check is performed. Don't do it and the factory warranty is void.

Another rumor that began circulating after the Tokyo Auto Salon has also been confirmed: aftermarket wheels are out. Supposedly, all the GT-Rs on display at TAS had to be driven in on the stock rollers, jacked up and then fitted with the tuner's chosen wheels. Due to a sensor mounted on the valve stem, if the GT-R is driven with aftermarket rims, an error code is thrown on the dash. And although MINE'S has fitted a custom exhaust to their shop car, they've found that any modification to the intake system causes the ECU to go haywire.

While all these findings are draconian GT-R owners here in the U.S. won't have to worry about the speed limiter/track day issue. Nissan has said that the GPS system won't be implemented here in the States, but the future of tuning the GT-R remains questionable.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:01 PM   #6
Svensson
Regular User

^ There is already a topic dedicated to that: http://www.motorworld.net/forum/showthread.php?t=54487

And thanks for the info gangajas!
Old 02-20-2008, 06:20 PM   #7
pitfield
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
As long as all you GT-R lovers realize this is a super-tuner modded car... not the stock car - so don't use these results to "prove" the PS3 wonder in other tests hehe
Why so harsh on the GT-R, it's well fast, we like that sort of thing around here. Stop cussing it. This is a good thing even if it does say Nissan on the back.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:36 PM   #8
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by pitfield View Post
Why so harsh on the GT-R, it's well fast, we like that sort of thing around here. Stop cussing it. This is a good thing even if it does say Nissan on the back.
I am not harsh on the Jesus-Mobile, I am just commenting (we like that sort pf thing around here) I am just tempering the enthusiuam, because I have no doubt people will be proclaiming the second coming o fthe stock car, based on the Mines super tuner veriso.

Either way let svisit the hype - Nissan claims that a 3900lb, 480bhp car can produce times and speeds that do not compute.

Then we have private parties dynoing the car and its suddenly almost 480hp to the wheels... which goes back to exactly what some of us have been saying since day 1 - [i]Either Nissan is lying about the cars track numbers, or lying about its power.

See, no amount of computer technology can alter the lwas of physics - that is the point.

BTW, I might consider not cussing the GT-R if you stop slagging on every American car...
Old 02-21-2008, 01:42 AM   #9
79TA
Regular User

GT-R does something miraculous! Whatever, I'm going to go play Forza 2 now and see what it takes to run a 1:00 on that track. Perhaps I'll use the R-34.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:57 AM   #10
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
GT-R does something miraculous! Whatever, I'm going to go play Forza 2 now and see what it takes to run a 1:00 on that track. Perhaps I'll use the R-34.
How funny, I was just mucking about with the in game C5 Z, modded to match my car and was using Tsukaba as a test for the lower gears hehe The GT-R crowd will be hapy I am not yet able to crack 1 minute with the current setup
Old 02-21-2008, 02:04 AM   #11
04RCSTI
Regular User

hehe, RC I see your comments on every single GT-R Related thread, even when theres no mention of American cars. Im not even going to comment on american cars because its the same old cant handle/crap interior stuff, but thats changing these days..mostly the handling part sadly. American cars are getting better, could it be that Japanese cars are too? or do we have to keep going back to the same stupid pssing contest?

PS: I dont like the GTR very much.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:10 AM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by 04RCSTI View Post
hehe, RC I see your comments on every single GT-R Related thread, even when theres no mention of American cars. Im not even going to comment on american cars because its the same old cant handle/crap interior stuff, but thats changing these days..mostly the handling part sadly. American cars are getting better, could it be that Japanese cars are too? or do we have to keep going back to the same stupid pssing contest?

PS: I dont like the GTR very much.
What's not to talk about the GT-R, its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

There is no pissing contest happening, and there have always been great Japanese cars available, as there have always been great American cars available - you just have to know which cars to look for
Old 02-21-2008, 06:33 PM   #13
79TA
Regular User

All right, a couple of results from yesterday's Forza 2 session. First off, I was using a manual transmission with only ABS on. Also, I cheated and had the braking line on to keep me from getting too aggressive. Here are the flying lap times of a couple of cars

'06 Challenger concept: 1:04.5
'02 GT-R R34: 1:03.5
'06 Corvette Z06: 0:58.5

Starting from a stand still in the grid, the Z06 ran a 1:02 something. Forza 2 is pretty dang accurate with lap times (at least much more so than GT4) but these all seem a little on the fast side. Anyway, it didn't take me long to get caught up continuing my Forza 2 Career . . . I bought an Audi R8, 2 more Pontiac Solstices, a Saturn Sky Redline, a '70 Challenger, a Lotus Exige, an Opel Speedster and one some other cars.

We should have a MW Forza 2 tournament or something. We could at least have lap time competitions with specific unmodified cars or something. I also have GT Legends (but no GTR 1 or 2) so i could get in on that too.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:18 PM   #14
madpony
Regular User

Last I saw from BMI the course record of Tsukuba is like 52 seconds in the ARTA NSX JGTC car but that was a couple years back now.
madpony is offline   Reply With Quote