Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 04-04-2005, 07:56 AM   #1
|Nuno|
Regular User

Default Coulthard apologises to "naked" Jaques

DC apologises to 'naked' Jacques
Monday April 04 2005

David Coulthard has apologised to Jacques Villeneuve for shunting him out of the Bahrain GP – but admitted he may have had an ulterior motive for his hasty apology. There are also rumours that DC apologised to a naked Jacques while the French/Canadian was in the shower…
The pair - good friends off the track at least - were squabbling for the final points-scoring position at the Bahrain GP when, in an incident utterly missed by the television cameras, Coulthard hit Villeneuve’s Sauber and sent the '97 World Champ spiralling off the track.

"I am happy about the race though, the car was strong and I felt more confident with it than in previous races," reported Jacques. "Unfortunately, three laps from the chequered flag, David [Coulthard] hit the rear of my car damaging the suspension. We were both fighting for 8th place and a valuable point but he made a mistake and it got me out of the race.

"It's really a shame but he came to apologize and everything is OK now. That's racing !" JV added philosophically.

DC described the accident as a 'racing incident' but acknowledged that he had felt compelled to apologise to Villeneuve. However, as he required a lift home from Jacques, he probably had no choice.

"We were both trying to get by Barrichello. I went for it but touched Jacques and spun him round. It was a racing incident. We are mates and I went to see him afterwards as I am getting a lift on his plane and wanted to make sure I was still welcome."

There was no word from Coulthard on the rumours that he issued the apology to Villeneuve while the French/Canadian was taking his post-race shower.

On a more serious note, some questions have to be asked of the ITV coverage because of this incident.

Having completely missed Takuma Sato's overtaking move on Jenson Button earlier in the race, they also managed to miss DC and Villeneuve tangling, despite the pair being within a second of Rubens Barrichello.

If that is excusable, what of Ted Kravitz’s immediate claim after shots of an off-ttrack Villeneuve were belatedly broadcast that, "I'm just down here at Sauber...they've just had to retire him from the race with shot front brakes.”

"So that's why he was off the road then," added analyst Martin Brundle, who also acts as manager to a certain Red Bull driver...
Old 04-04-2005, 10:23 AM   #2
DeMoN
Regular User

sad story, I would be kiking his ass if I were him. I find int funny how they incorporate two news subjects into 1 story.
Old 04-04-2005, 10:43 AM   #3
Anonymous

Originally Posted by |Nuno|

On a more serious note, some questions have to be asked of the ITV coverage because of this incident.

Having completely missed Takuma Sato's overtaking move on Jenson Button earlier in the race, they also managed to miss DC and Villeneuve tangling, despite the pair being within a second of Rubens Barrichello.

If that is excusable, what of Ted Kravitz’s immediate claim after shots of an off-ttrack Villeneuve were belatedly broadcast that, "I'm just down here at Sauber...they've just had to retire him from the race with shot front brakes.”

"So that's why he was off the road then," added analyst Martin Brundle, who also acts as manager to a certain Red Bull driver...
So who was controlling the cameras? I wasn't impressed with that we shouldn't be missing stuff like this :roll: , did ITV actaully have any control over this?. Anyway it was a complete mess this time, everytime they went to the guys in the pits, or the head of toyota something happened!!

BTW Coultard cracked me up before the race, talking about Montoya he said something like, "They say when Fat people loose weight they are prone to injuries" LMAO
Old 04-04-2005, 11:06 AM   #4
Fleischmann
Regular User

I'd be pissed too!!

I rember when Damon Hill hit Nigel Mansel in two successful races, causing the Brit to end two races without a single point. Nigel Mansel was the top driver in F1 at the time as far as I remember
Old 04-04-2005, 12:46 PM   #5
ZfrkS62
Regular User

sounds like the coverage of this race was pretty shitty. I didnt get to see it, but from the sounds of it, i wouldn't have seen it even if i was watching

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #6
blah
Regular User

Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
sounds like the coverage of this race was pretty shitty. I didnt get to see it, but from the sounds of it, i wouldn't have seen it even if i was watching
No its because Webber, and De La rosa were fighting for 5th at the time this incident happened. Webber put up a great fight.
Old 04-04-2005, 02:41 PM   #7
|Nuno|
Regular User

Originally Posted by AL123
BTW Coultard cracked me up before the race, talking about Montoya he said something like, "They say when Fat people loose weight they are prone to injuries" LMAO
LOL, I saw that too. Too funny...
Old 04-04-2005, 02:44 PM   #8
ZfrkS62
Regular User

Originally Posted by blah
Originally Posted by ZfrkS62
No its because Webber, and De La rosa were fighting for 5th at the time this incident happened. Webber put up a great fight.
i was actually making a joke about how the article sounded like iTV missed the entire race apparently it was a bad joke ops:

my carbon footprint is bigger than yours
ZfrkS62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 05:40 PM   #9
coombsie66
Regular User

The coverage by the cameras was wank.
Its good to finaly see the real david coulthard coming out, he's always had a sense of humor, and like'd having a laff, but its seemed that he's always been kept almost censored by ron dennis (he is the king of analness).
Old 04-04-2005, 06:04 PM   #10
mindgam3
Regular User

The camera control has nothing to do with ITV whatsoever, all broadcasts all over the world are from exactly the same coverage.

The commentators only can see what we see albeit with complete stats and a view of the grid
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:11 PM   #11
Anonymous

Originally Posted by mindgam3
The camera control has nothing to do with ITV whatsoever, all broadcasts all over the world are from exactly the same coverage.

The commentators only can see what we see albeit with complete stats and a view of the grid
as far as i know they all aren't done by the same people or all by home directors, and the british team (presumably ITV bods ) did or atleast used to be contracted out to direct some foreign races in which case we could blame them Also theres "bernievision" though i think he gave up on that so now we get all the cameras ( i think) and pit radio . One thing i would say is they could consult other media to check they've got the key things right.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:05 PM   #12
tekwar
Regular User

i think there was just too much of action on the track in the race that they were bound to miss a few things here and there. its a shame though jacques wasnt able to score any points.
tekwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 09:04 AM   #13
zondaland
Regular User

Everybody whinges about formula 1 having no action, well now we know that F1 has plenty of action its just that the tv crews forget to show it.
zondaland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2005, 11:17 AM   #14
jakaracman
Regular User

Broadcasteer for Imola and Monza is RAI (italian natoonal TV), they control the cameras and so. ITV (and RTL and some other networks) have some own cameras in the paddock, pits ... and they mix that with home broadcasters (in this case RAI) coverage, but have no influence over it. So if RAI misses Villeneuve/Coulthar incidet, whole world misses it ...
Old 04-29-2005, 10:20 PM   #15
szumszer
Regular User

naked JV, not a good choice, DC on the other hand ... just look at his magnificent bone structure, what a jaw, leaves much to the imagination
szumszer is offline   Reply With Quote