Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > Motorsport News And Discussion

Old 01-25-2005, 10:34 AM   #1
|Nuno|
Regular User

Default Renault R25

After a couple of laps:

Old 01-25-2005, 10:42 AM   #2
saadie
Regular User

its pritty different then the others ...... gotta check the laptime fer this one ...
Old 01-25-2005, 02:15 PM   #3
antonioledesma
Regular User

I think that in the next years, car will have more "organic" forms. Just look at last year's ferrari with almost no sharp points in the radiator area, the mclaren had the front wing with almost no regular lines, all of them were curve

now we see the reggie with a new front wing that is also made by curves, and the radiator area also has curves

maybe in a few decades cars will look more like a cell or a plant

or last night's pepper (chile, picante, chilli, in the way you now it) is making me see things?
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 03:51 PM   #4
szumszer
Regular User

organic is a good term to use, yes, it does look more fluid/smooth, hopefully they can build on modest success they had last year and challenge ferrari for constructors title, because let's face it schumi is winning the drivers title again, unless he has a serious accident
szumszer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 04:52 PM   #5
stradale
Regular User

Looks a lot faster than the previous R25...

Seriously, I'm really anxious to see if this new Renault can close the gap. I hope so, actually.
Old 01-25-2005, 06:18 PM   #6
Wutputt
Regular User

Originally Posted by stradale
Looks a lot faster than the previous R25...
LOL When I first saw the title topic, I thought WTF is this doing in the F1 section. But then I realised this R25 wasn't the one we knew for years, but Renault's new F1 racer.

Pretty special looking aero pack. What strikes me most are the load of openings in the sidepods besides the chimneys. I always though chimneys were the future, but it seems gills are back in.
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 07:21 PM   #7
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
I've seen it in the news today... and they said "as you can hear, the R25 sound louder than the R24, and it means the R25 is more powerful"... no comments.
hehe, but you can actually work out the power and V angle of an F1 engine just by the sound it makes
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 11:14 PM   #8
Toronto
Regular User

best looking new car IMO
Old 01-25-2005, 11:37 PM   #9
5vz-fe
Regular User

Louder than R24??...so Higher Reving maybe?? I hope they could still keep their low speed traction advantage.

Their rear wing is quite different than others ...
Old 01-26-2005, 11:34 AM   #10
mindgam3
Regular User

Originally Posted by mindgam3
I've seen it in the news today... and they said "as you can hear, the R25 sound louder than the R24, and it means the R25 is more powerful"... no comments.
hehe, but you can actually work out the power and V angle of an F1 engine just by the sound it makes
Ok, may be you can hear the 1994 Renault engine in a Williams and the 2004 in a Renault... but comparing the 2004 and the 2005... there is no difference! They showed images from both cars and the sound was almost identical!
Nah, if you've got the right equipment you can get fairly accurate figures from just the sound of the engine and all the teams will be able to know what power and v angle each other is running.... and I can assure you, the 2005 renault engine has been worked on quite a bit
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote