Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2004, 12:53 AM   #106
graywolf624
Regular User

with the UN sanctions on Iraq within 20 years i think there would have been a coop, the people would have finally risen up and took their country back
Doubt it. The people were scared shitless of him.. Very rarely does a coop happen with that type of fear in place without help from an outside force. He just killed the people that opposed him or even could oppose him..

Also Gray right now there are terrorist in our country, should we go with martial law to protect ourselves? Should we let such things as the patriot act, which is clearly unconstituional, be allowed to rule the day, and just throw out our constituional rights?
Preaching to the choir here...Im a libertarian here not a republican remember?
Old 01-30-2004, 12:56 AM   #107
blah
Regular User

im just asking a question though, do you think we should, because the way bush is going now and congress is just passing law after law, you should be very upset yourself bieng a libertarian, we will be under martial law when ever we reach a certain threat level, and we wont have any consitutional rights. we must stop living in fear, thats what is blinding most americans.
Old 01-30-2004, 12:59 AM   #108
graywolf624
Regular User

im just asking a question though, do you think we should, because the way bush is going now and congress is just passing law after law, you should be very upset yourself bieng a libertarian, we will be under martial law when ever we reach a certain threat level, and we wont have any consitutional rights. we must stop living in fear, thats what is blinding most americans.
I have the same concerns you have. Unfortunately I also realize this isn't just a republican thing. The patriot act was only opposed by a handful of people.(if I remember right we are talking 3 or 4 in the senate) Not all of them were even democrat.
I'm against all big government so it greatly disturbs me.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:03 AM   #109
blah
Regular User

Yea, i never said it was a republican thing, but bush is the one making all this crap up. Im not attacking the whole republican party, just some of the reall assholes. The democrats need to stop bieng pussys and go out and speak up, and not worry about bieng claimed un patriotic. right now, i dont think there is anyone in congress with a backbone, except maybe ted kennedy, and hillary clinton.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:13 AM   #110
graywolf624
Regular User

Yea, i never said it was a republican thing, but bush is the one making all this crap up. Im not attacking the whole republican party, just some of the reall assholes
Its not really bush either. He doesnt help matters. The real problem is the news media.. and this one isnt a bias thing.. Their sensationalism in regards to failures in safety checks has led to this.

Please dont ever say something like back bone in conjunction with the uber bitch and a kennedy(the one who lets women drown in his car no less)
Old 01-30-2004, 01:16 AM   #111
blah
Regular User

Right now they are the ones with back bones, cuz they actually show their disguist for what is going on. Also i dont think its sesationalism with the security flaws, hell look around you next time in a government building, on a airplane, or any where you think security should be tight, you will find elemntary things that shouldnt be, its way to easy if you really wanted to to commit a terrorist act int his country, i do not feel that Homeland securtity has done a pat on the back job
Old 01-30-2004, 01:19 AM   #112
graywolf624
Regular User

Also i dont think its sesationalism with the security flaws, hell look around you next time in a government building, on a airplane, or any where you think security should be tight, you will find elemntary things that shouldnt be, its way to easy if you really wanted to to commit a terrorist act int his country, i do not feel that Homeland securtity has done a pat on the back job
I agree with that part.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:27 AM   #113
graywolf624
Regular User

And getting out of the middle east would probably be good for the region, cuz if you pulled out of Israel maybe they would stop striking down on the Palestine people, and let them have the land that Israel stole in the illegal occupations.
No arguements here. Though I think world wide our troops should only be on our own soil/ at our bases abroad/ and at sea.. not in any skermish.
The chance of Saddam using wmd and getting away with it is zero, and I dont care to get tangled up in fairytails.
It may be a fairy tail to you. But honestly I and many other people are 100 percent convinced that eventually iraq would strike at us in some significant manner. All it would take were him to get some plutonium (or anthrax in a water supply for that matter) and a terrorist act like 911. It could be down right untraceable. I dont think it would have been soon as I said.. But I feel it would come to pass if we didnt do something.. I just wish I could rewind time and tell israel that they should defend themselves instead of using us as some sorta big brother.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:34 AM   #114
graywolf624
Regular User

I think of it like this.. If people insist we must be the cops.. If you know someone has commited crimes in the past and he skips out on his proobation or breaks parole then you arrest him. Saddam broke parole by not allowing the wmd..

You don't do these things to punish. You do them because if you dont there is no incentive for the person to continue to do worse unchecked.

I think I will address the france issue indirectly. It is a common feeling among many americans that france (unless it is a direct advantage to her) will not back a war until they are marching down the streets of france. See wwII example. I dont go as far as many to declare them chicken or something. I consider they may be conciencious objectors or something. That being said I don't see them enforcing the wmd inspections on iraq in any way. We had to fight them on the persian gulf too if you remember.
That is my opinion and I am sorry it is so inflammatory. I have nothing against the french people or france. This opinion isn't limited to the US. many smaller members of the EU are wary of whether france would come to their aide if need be.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:36 AM   #115
blah
Regular User

I agree on the Isreal thing too. I think we need to give isreal its true independence, let them solve the way out of the whole they dug. Isreal needs to stop attacking its neighbors, they are basically asking for trouble from the arab world.
Old 01-30-2004, 01:44 AM   #116
blah
Regular User

I dont think the french are very grateful at all, as Eddie Izzard said, sometimes they can be wel...fucking french.
Old 01-30-2004, 08:53 AM   #117
Jabba
Regular User

A joke is a joke but please no more anti-Bush and anti-American threads.
Closed Thread