Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Japanese Cars

Japanese Cars Japanese car discussion

Old 02-22-2008, 04:43 PM   #1
turpija
Regular User

Default Nissan GT-R vs Porsche 911 GT3 vs BMW M3

enjoy

http://www.autocar.co.uk/VideosWallp...AR=231443&CT=V

don't know why but I cant play the part 2 video
turpija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
enzoferrari
Regular User

Nice!!!!!11
Old 02-22-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
RC45
Regular User

As he said "just like a video game" - in other words any yahoo can look like a pro in the Walrus, while the other 2 cars actually require some vestiges of driver ability

I think more telling was how much of a pig the M3 was hehehe
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 06:37 PM   #4
fordgt84
Regular User

i wonder what's up with Harris' beard...that's a gr8 vid, the GT-R's now officially on my wish list

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
As he said "just like a video game" - in other words any yahoo can look like a pro in the Walrus, while the other 2 cars actually require some vestiges of driver ability
ur dislike for the r35 is amazing ... i can go on to say "try driving it like a yahoo and see what happens...it may seem to defy the laws of physics, but i doubt they've sorted out stupidity ", but we all know where that'll go
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 10:12 PM   #5
fabro_s
Regular User

Impressive indeed, its great, but like RC45 said, that "videogame" statement really fucked up everything, its not hard to see that the car will do everything for you, and thats not really the point, but I recall that this is an impressive car....

"Perfezione Leggera Italiana"
fabro_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 02:23 AM   #6
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

I wonder how long the GT-R would last before its front brakes and tires were shot.. and how the computer deals with that
Old 02-23-2008, 02:24 AM   #7
rave426
Regular User

Originally Posted by fordgt84 View Post
i wonder what's up with Harris' beard...that's a gr8 vid, the GT-R's now officially on my wish list

ur dislike for the r35 is amazing ... i can go on to say "try driving it like a yahoo and see what happens...it may seem to defy the laws of physics, but i doubt they've sorted out stupidity ", but we all know where that'll go
Dont listen to RC. He actually loves the GTR. He just hides it under is negative comments
Old 02-23-2008, 08:40 AM   #8
turpija
Regular User

one thing thought Chris keeps saying that GT3 is the best 911 ever made, what happened with GT3 RS?
or maybe GT2
turpija is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 09:58 AM   #9
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex View Post
I wonder how long the GT-R would last before its front brakes and tires were shot.. and how the computer deals with that
At last - someone who understands energy transfer, heat dissipation and cooefficients of friction:.... or in otherwords, someone who understands what it takes to slow down and turn a heavier weight... and that eventually you pay the piper
Old 02-23-2008, 01:28 PM   #10
fordgt84
Regular User

^ a poser's car?!! you're telling us corvettes and porsches aren't poser's cars?... you're telling us that the reason every single person that buys a corvette or 911 is because they want to feel the way the road vibrates their way up their buttocks and spine, and that they want to feel "connected" with a pure driving machine...and that deep inside not one of them thinks "i can't wait to be seen driving this"... say no, plz say no i can't let this one slide
fordgt84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:29 PM   #11
madpony
Regular User

GT-R's are like Lancers they're fast because they sort out the balance and traction for you that doesn't really take away from the accomplishments they make it's just a different approach than say the NSX-R or other chassis dependant cars. Also, GT-R's have been known to do their best laps early since r33 days so nothing new there. It's a good time attack car but you're really going to have to upgrade tires and brakes if you want to throw that much weight through the corners for any extended period of time. And yes Porsches are all stress tested for ultimate performance right out of the box they are art with wheels, the GT-R is a technological marvel but lacks the soul of European supercars or American muscle.
madpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:39 PM   #12
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by madpony View Post
GT-R's are like Lancers they're fast because they sort out the balance and traction for you that doesn't really take away from the accomplishments they make it's just a different approach than say the NSX-R or other chassis dependant cars. Also, GT-R's have been known to do their best laps early since r33 days so nothing new there. It's a good time attack car but you're really going to have to upgrade tires and brakes if you want to throw that much weight through the corners for any extended period of time. And yes Porsches are all stress tested for ultimate performance right out of the box they are art with wheels, the GT-R is a technological marvel but lacks the soul of European supercars or American muscle.
This guy should get a promotion and pay raise on Monday - he gets it

^ a poser's car?!!
Yes - the car weighs 4000lbs - it has amazing performance (in as yet unknown doses - as in, how many laps can its tyres, brakes and cooling keep up the punishment in stock form ) but this amazing performance is only possible because the human driver is not allowed to be in charge of anything except the steering wheel (and sometimes the shifter).

This is the same reason the Veyron is a "posers" car - the ultimate "posers" car, bu tnone the less, its just another lab-coat excercise that can only be used in small controlled doses

you're telling us corvettes and porsches aren't poser's cars?...
No - Iam telling you that ZR-1's (C4), ZR1's (C6), Z06's, GT3's, GT2's, CS' and CSL's are not posers cars... they are drivers cars.

C4, C5 and C6 Corvette Coupes, regular 911's (and even 911Turbos), 360's, 430's and M3's are posers cars... they are soft, comfy and squishy, focus on pampering their drivers like some soiled teenage cheerleader

- they you're telling us that the reason every single person that buys a corvette or 911 is because they want to feel the way the road vibrates their way up their buttocks and spine, and that they want to feel "connected" with a pure driving machine...and that deep inside not one of them thinks "i can't wait to be seen driving this"... say no, plz say no i can't let this one slide
See above - you may be of the "I can't wait to be seen driving this" ilk, but many of us enthusiasts are not.

The folks who want to "be seen" in a car, are more likely to not want to be sweaty and wearing a wrinkled shirt when they "arrive" at StarBucks.

So - what's to "let slide"?
Old 02-23-2008, 03:43 PM   #13
dutchmasterflex
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45 View Post
At last - someone who understands energy transfer, heat dissipation and cooefficients of friction:.... or in otherwords, someone who understands what it takes to slow down and turn a heavier weight... and that eventually you pay the piper
That was always the GT-R's downfall. But another thing comes into play when racing in the real world. Your concentration.. I bet a GT-R driver would be able to outlast your Z07 reliability on the track.
Old 02-23-2008, 03:50 PM   #14
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by dutchmasterflex View Post
That was always the GT-R's downfall. But another thing comes into play when racing in the real world. Your concentration.. I bet a GT-R driver would be able to outlast your Z07 reliability on the track.
Which reliability? Mine or the cars?
Old 02-23-2008, 11:40 PM   #15
79TA
Regular User

Good video. To sum things up, good job GT-R traction control. Too bad that's not easy on tires (no 3800 lb car is.) The GT-R's that go road racing will be much lighter (and will use V8's ) so it won't be as much as an issue. RC makes a fair point about it being a poser car as it is much easier to drive. However, the difference between a good driver and a some random guy should be apparent when one is consistent and fast while the other keeps missing apexes.

Hmm, perhaps I should say something negative about the GT-R again so that I might incur the wrath of all of the closet GT-R lovers (then RC can have a break).
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote