Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Ferrari

Ferrari Everything related to the Prancing Horse goes in here!

Old 01-26-2005, 01:44 PM   #16
ice
Regular User

Originally Posted by gucom
Actually i believe the official name for the Enzo is the F60 (clarkson for sure kept referring to it as such... somebody correct me if i'm worng??
u r wrong...official name: Ferrari Enzo Ferrari
project name: Ferrari FX
name given by press before real name was known: F60
reason why JC kept callin it F60: he can be a f00l when it comes to cars (really he can: he also said the F40 was the only car to do 0-60 in 3.2 secs, but thats the McLaren F1s time, the F40 does 3.9 or 3.8 (im not sure). And he said the F40 was the lightest of the cars they tested in that episode, which also wasnt true: F40: 1200 kg's, F1: 1140 kg's

dunno why but in that 1 episode JC got all of his facts mixed up
Actually, it depends on the source, the F40's weight can be as low as 1125 kg's, and ive seen as high as 1240kg for the Mac. Also, the F40 will do 0-60 in 3.4, ive never seen 3.2 either, but 3.8 or .9 is far too long. Remember, it still sets an 11.6 in the quarter mile.
ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:51 PM   #17
antonioledesma
Regular User

Originally Posted by pimpracer
Nice I think I am actually kinda liking the new design! I hope it turns out to be pretty damn good! I wanna see one zoom by on the streets!
just have in mind that image is photochopped and it's from the imagination of one of the guys of that mag
antonioledesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 02:13 PM   #18
666fast
Regular User

Thats pretty cool, thanks for the article. I'm very curious to see this "active bodywork". The airbrake/spoiler deal on the SLR is obvious, but I wanna see how the front splitter and such will change with the conditions.
Pretty cool, only thing that sucks is it'll be years before we see anything or have solid facts about the car.
Screw the three seater idea, two people is enough! LOL
Old 01-26-2005, 02:16 PM   #19
Pimp Racer
Regular User

Originally Posted by antonioledesma
Originally Posted by pimpracer
Nice I think I am actually kinda liking the new design! I hope it turns out to be pretty damn good! I wanna see one zoom by on the streets!
just have in mind that image is photochopped and it's from the imagination of one of the guys of that mag
Yeah but it would be awesome if they did make it right? I have a feeling they might because rember that new Zonda thats a Enzo killer? And I bet/hope Porsche and Lamborghini will be up to compete with newer and improved cars. Or hell just have their existing top of the line model improved. They should go to desial (SP?) Rember the insance amount of tourqe you would be getting?
Old 01-26-2005, 02:25 PM   #20
mindgam3
Regular User

the pictures only autocar's impression of what it will look like..... the final product wont necessarily look anything like that....

And if you turn to the front of autocar, you'll see the BMW M9 supercar that this will probably have to compete with..... hopefully including a 700hp V10 based on the current williams F1 engine
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 02:37 PM   #21
ikon2003
Regular User

thanks for scanning that article - interesting read. tho i must say, i think that's a bit of a stretch for credible automotive journalism. speculating on something that far in the future and putting in a "computer generaged" image of what the car might look like (ie: a poor chop job of an enzo w/ the F430's lights and a tweaked nose) does not exude credibility. a bit of fantasy journalism, when they could really be covering any one of the more current supercars which are emerging onto the market, IMO.

nonetheless, nice info on the seating arrangements, and active suspension/steering/aero etc.
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 02:38 PM   #22
PATo355
Regular User

Yes this is the new f60 , the enzo was project FX as stated upstairs , the computer generated image sucks , i bet it wont look near that .

"It changes direction like a fly, grips like a barnacle and goes like a jet fighter on combat power" ( Lambo Gallardo ) .JC.
PATo355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 02:40 PM   #23
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

wow definitly an interesting article. thanks for the scan. nice to hear information on what their enzo successor could be like, it was certain that ferrari wouldnt just rest on the enzo. with koenigseggs and saleen S7s running around with over 700/800 hp threatining the enzo's title
Old 01-26-2005, 03:19 PM   #24
Anonymous

Actually i believe the official name for the Enzo is the F60 (clarkson for sure kept referring to it as such... somebody correct me if i'm worng??
reason why JC kept callin it F60: he can be a f00l when it comes to cars (really he can: he also said the F40 was the only car to do 0-60 in 3.2 secs, but thats the McLaren F1s time, the F40 does 3.9 or 3.8 (im not sure). And he said the F40 was the lightest of the cars they tested in that episode, which also wasnt true: F40: 1200 kg's, F1: 1140 kg's

LOL well i though i might be, does seem strange that such a big show would repeatately refer to a car wrongly don't know what happened that day with the script!!!
Old 01-26-2005, 03:32 PM   #25
bmagni
Regular User

Looks intresting though im a little sceptic, the Enzo has just gotten off the production lines with the 400th, and investment in a new enzo might be quite big, not that ferrari doesnt have the money but its quite soon to release a new Enzo, i dont doubt they are just developing it, but i give it 5 more years or more

Originally Posted by AL123

LOL well i though i might be, does seem strange that such a big show would repeatately refer to a car wrongly don't know what happened that day with the script!!!
When u drive an enzo u forget about everything else.
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:35 PM   #26
jp_amaral
Regular User

I don't believe it!!! I think this is very unrealistic, at least considering ferrari's behaviour over the past years. Ferrari is a company who always had customers as first priority, they were never focused on sales numbers (at least that's what LM said) so it's hard for me to believe this story, especially considering that enzo owners are considered ferrari's best clients.
jp_amaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:37 PM   #27
jp_amaral
Regular User

It's strange coming from a guy (Hilton Holloway) who works for EVO for example. Very strange!!!!
jp_amaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 05:52 PM   #28
mindgam3
Regular User

It's not necessarily a "new" enzo, its just ferrari's progression of the supercar, the succedor to the F50 if you will
mindgam3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:12 PM   #29
raphaelws

I really think.. this is the F60..
in around 800 bhp 8)