Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Hobbies and Leisure Time > Books, Comics And Magazines > Magazine Scans

Old 01-08-2005, 01:46 AM   #1
nthfinity
Regular User

Default C6 Zo6 Febtober automobile

this is my first magazine 'scan' with my digital camera... looks like its quite good enough to read... nice to see the feb issue i recieved in the mail earlier today before i see the car at NAIAS

Old 01-08-2005, 02:08 AM   #2
JiggaStyles09
Regular User

nice info thanks for the article. whats with the hill and petrucci chem book there. i had to use that book last summer in college for general chem lol. brought back horrible memories.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:32 AM   #3
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by JiggaStyles09
nice info thanks for the article. whats with the hill and petrucci chem book there. i had to use that book last summer in college for general chem lol. brought back horrible memories.
lmao about the gen chem books

those were from my freshmen year, and went 'out of date' the following semester, were 'unreturnable'

so, no story short, they were readily available to make the pages for the magazine more flat
Old 01-09-2005, 01:17 AM   #4
ikon2003
Regular User

Nice scan - thanks. Looks to be one really fast car. Lets hope oil prices are aight for that hungry 7 L engine.... (tho i'm sure that's not an issue for an owner of that car)
ikon2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 12:41 PM   #5
ferrarif1fan89
Regular User

7 ltres? thats mad! that promises to be one fast car. still wouldnt buy it though. its a chevy.........
Old 01-10-2005, 01:13 AM   #6
crazidude
Regular User

I'm really looking forward to seeing how this car will perform. I have a feeling that it'll destroy the Viper coupe in many tests, and it looks better in my opinion.

Originally Posted by ferrarif1fan89
7 ltres? thats mad! that promises to be one fast car. still wouldnt buy it though. its a chevy.........
That's a pretty narrow minded thought, but that opinion is share among a lot of people for some reason.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 11:08 AM   #7
ikon2003
Regular User

^you get what you pay for. plastic, flexible body panels don't exude quality.

for many, the vette is that quintessential sign of the american man's waning masculinity and entry into pot-bellies and impotence.

i think they're trying to change that with these latest models, and be real performance machines that can compete w/ euro likeness, but we'll see.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:13 PM   #8
crazidude
Regular User

Well the Z06, C6 and the current Viper has proved that they can perform as well as any other car within its price range. The Viper could probably do a lot better, but the C6 is one damned fast car. I'm interested to see how the new Z06 fairs against the 430 and the Gallardo. It might not beat it, but it's gonna be close I would assume.
crazidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2005, 12:24 AM   #9
ikon2003
Regular User

^depends how many corners are in the race
Old 01-12-2005, 12:24 PM   #10
mv
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Originally Posted by crazidude
Well the Z06, C6 and the current Viper has proved that they can perform as well as any other car within its price range. The Viper could probably do a lot better, but the C6 is one damned fast car. I'm interested to see how the new Z06 fairs against the 430 and the Gallardo. It might not beat it, but it's gonna be close I would assume.
And the Z06 costs half the price of a F430 or a Gallardo!!!
You guys are definitely not the only ones looking forward to this struggle .
I also agree in terms that the Z06 is gonna come close but F430's sales still remain unthreatened.
Old 01-12-2005, 01:24 PM   #11
nthfinity
Regular User

^^^^
i agree 100%
there are those who care about thier performance, thier performance dollar.... and others yet who care about thier image.
its sounds way more important saying

"in my Ferrari " as opposed to "in my "Chevrolet ops: "
Old 05-28-2005, 07:03 AM   #12
inso
Regular User

http://automobilemag.com/photo_galle...o6/index1.html
some hi-res pictures of the same car. Looks really good.
inso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2005, 02:01 PM   #13
RC45
Regular User

Originally Posted by ikon2003
^you get what you pay for. plastic, flexible body panels don't exude quality.
WTF are you rambling about?

Quite ignorant of a so called "auto enthusiast" to make such a stupid comment. The Corvette has been made of fibreglass rom day one - in 1953 - That' why it has always been a light car.

ikon - 0 : car enthusiasts - 1

for many, the vette is that quintessential sign of the american man's waning masculinity and entry into pot-bellies and impotence.
The car has been made since 1953 - and been selling ever since - sometimes many, somtimes fewer models - but has always been a fast, decent handling car for the era it has been on sale in.
And SHOCK, GASP, HORROR has been bought by young, old and race teams for the past 50 years.

ikon - 0 : car enthusiasts - 2

i think they're trying to change that with these latest models, and be real performance machines that can compete w/ euro likeness, but we'll see.
Do you know anythign about the history or background of ANY car on the planet?

Do your self a favour and read a book once in a while - maybe then you would realize that this car is the longest selling/made performance car in the history of autos.

That's right - NO other single model perfomance car has been on sale for 50+ years.

None.

So trying to make it sound like the car needs/has/is uder going a target market change is incorrect.

ikon - 0 : car enthusiasts - 3

^depends how many corners are in the race
Why? The current Z06 out handles the 360 and the 360CS - the new one ill do the same to the F430 and the CS..

Nurburgring times are important - right?

ikon - 0 : car enthusiasts - 4

Looks like you have no car knowledge.

WHy then should anyone even read your posts? :roll:
RC45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 06:12 PM   #14
godspeed06
Regular User

and it will get the best gas mileage of any car with its performance figures
godspeed06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 06:27 PM   #15
astonmartinandy
Regular User

Originally Posted by RC45

Why? The current Z06 out handles the 360 and the 360CS - the new one ill do the same to the F430 and the CS..
On what basis does do you mean that the ZO6 out handles the 360 & 360CS?

I haven't driven any of them so I cannot offer any first hand experience, but from what I have read [fromt those who have] the 360CS is a far more engaging drive than a ZO6..
"It's not long before Marco arrives, but he's at least five minutes behind an epic wall of noise that's been bouncing off the rock faces like a sonic pinball. Onlookers, of which there are many, seem relieved when the livid red Ferrari skims into view, happier still when they see it's driven by a friendly Italian, and not, as the thunderous sound effects suggested, the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse." Evo #059
astonmartinandy is offline   Reply With Quote