Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > General Chat

General Chat General chat about anything that doesn't fit in another section here

Old 04-09-2007, 05:35 PM   #121
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Originally Posted by graywolf624
Drop kick.. Youve been watching too much professional wrestling. Kick itself.. Catch the damn thing.. Its done all the time in mwa, even by poor wrestlers. It isnt that difficult. One could ask you the same question though. If I hit you with a bullrush shot what are you going to do(I guess the best way to describe it would be to make you watch professional wrestling ironically enough.. Bill goldberg used an exagerated version of said move in the wwf. Your going down hard if your hit with it... Or how about a hip throw.. OR a front head lock. Merkel? What then? Hard to kick when your ass is swinging through the air 5 feet off the ground.
You do realize that this entire thread you've just been saying it isnt that difficult, and that you basicly have the solution for world hunger

You gonna catch my leg?

Ok Im gonna catch your throw :roll:
SFDMALEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2007, 05:36 PM   #122
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Kinda like you say you are trained to see body movement.

Well Im trained to hit any shit that is coming at me from any angle and any direction
Old 04-09-2007, 05:39 PM   #123
graywolf624
Regular User

You do realize that this entire thread you've just been saying it isnt that difficult, and that you basicly have the solution for world hunger

You gonna catch my leg?
Wrestlers catch legs all the time. Thats part of the training.. If it comes towards you or away, we are trained to catch the leg either way. YOu dont catch throws.

Kinda like you say you are trained to see body movement.

Well Im trained to hit any shit that is coming at me from any angle and any direction
Theres no arguement there.. If a wrestler can only strike you hes screwed.. But he has more weapons and more defenses that are ingrained then you think.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:40 PM   #124
SFDMALEX
Regular User

underestimating someone from a different sport.
Oh hold-fucking-on there buddy.

I never once under estimated your ass.

You've been underestimating me and alikes the whole thread, thats kinda the whole argument.

Kinda like you cant fight any man on earth and beat anyone who hasnt practiced formal wrestling.

Oh so you didint actually have a bare knuckle fight with a man 3x your size...

Why did you even bring it up then?
Old 04-09-2007, 05:42 PM   #125
graywolf624
Regular User

Kinda like you cant fight any man on earth and beat anyone who hasnt practiced formal wrestling.
I never said formal wrestling.. I said wrestling grappling training. And I didnt say me.. I said Im old and retired.. I said an inshape top of his game top wrestler.

Oh so you didint actually have a bare knuckle fight with a man 3x your size...

Why did you even bring it up then?
You said you could get up and off the ground. A man 3x my size tried that and failed.. He was allowed to punch, kick, bite.. whatever.. He didnt manage to get off a single one.. I had his hands behind his back as quick as you can punch.

I also told you a few of my experiences against strikers.. Including one against the Jiujitsu roomate.. AS I said, i have a low opinion of it.. But he didnt do to well at striking me with gloves on either.. and my striking knowledge is limited to fights when I was 10.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:43 PM   #126
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Wrestlers catch legs all the time. Thats part of the training.. If it comes towards you or away, we are trained to catch the leg either way. YOu dont catch throws.
You dont kick in wrestling, you catch legs, but I dont think you are trained to catch legs that are above the waist line.

Sometimes I want a man to catch my leg, I know plenty of ways to take advantage of that.

You catch my leg I fall on the ground whilst sticking the other leg out and use that in a number of ways to kick you.

I dont catch throws because I am trained to stay up and not go down. Regardles if the action that you mifht take against me.

Just like you are trained to catch any movement, Im trained to hit anything that moves regardles of how they are moving.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:45 PM   #127
SFDMALEX
Regular User

You said you could get up and off the ground. A man 3x my size tried that and failed.. He was allowed to punch, kick, bite.. whatever.. He didnt manage to get off a single one.. I had his hands behind his back as quick as you can punch.
Ok, but by the man lying on the floor he is in your domain, one that you are a pro at, I woudlnt expect him to win that fight....but if I biting and puching and kicking is allowed then I wouldnt honestly know till I tried my self.

By you standing and not having me on the ground with my arms pinned behind my back you are in my domain.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:46 PM   #128
graywolf624
Regular User

You dont kick in wrestling, you catch legs, but I dont think you are trained to catch legs that are above the waist line.
Actually.. All the time we do.

You catch my leg I fall on the ground whilst sticking the other leg out and use that in a number of ways to kick you.
To which your trained to catch the other leg. In wrestling what you are describing, sans the actual kick is one of the most common ways to try to escape from a take down (in one form of wrestling where facing your back to the ground loses it, rather then escaping entirely being the key, there are at least 3 different styles with different points and rules). Wrestlers are trained to catch the second one as the man twists and drive to the ground.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:49 PM   #129
graywolf624
Regular User

Ok, but by the man lying on the floor he is in your domain, one that you are a pro at, I woudlnt expect him to win that fight....but if I biting and puching and kicking is allowed then I wouldnt honestly know till I tried my self.

By you standing and not having me on the ground with my arms pinned behind my back you are in my domain.
The man didnt have his arms pinned to start.. and your arguement was you could get up from that.

As for take down.. Theres tricks to that too.. I use to have a heavyweight in my practice.. So under 300 lbs.. He was not all that great at wrestling.. I could take him down and pin his ass. Its all about leverage and angles, not muscle.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #130
SFDMALEX
Regular User

Actually.. All the time we do..
I have failed to see any olympic wrestling match were I saw any from of kicks...

Neither have I seen it in highschool.

To which your trained to catch the other leg. In wrestling what you are describing, sans the actual kick is one of the most common ways to try to escape from a take down (in one form of wrestling where facing your back to the ground loses it, rather then escaping entirely being the key, there are at least 3 different styles with different points and rules). Wrestlers are trained to catch the second one as the man twists and drive to the ground.
If you catch both my legs both your arms are occupied, and I am lying on my back with my fists free to do whatever I wish.

To me the key is what I can do during the take down, not when Im lying on my stomach.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:51 PM   #131
graywolf624
Regular User

No.. By standing middle distance Im in your domain.. Closer in the pendulum swings back to a wrestler. Furtherout it depends on who has the greater speed.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:53 PM   #132
SFDMALEX
Regular User

No.. By standing middle distance Im in your domain.. Closer in the pendulum swings back to a wrestler. Furtherout it depends on who has the greater speed.
And you think Im not trained on inside fighting?

How does me throwing an arm punch uppercut aid you in some takedown I dunno....
Old 04-09-2007, 05:55 PM   #133
graywolf624
Regular User

have failed to see any olympic wrestling match were I saw any from of kicks...

Neither have I seen it in highschool.
When you do a shot the feet can go either way.. Your trained to gain control of them. A kick hurts if your hit, but theres not much difference in catching a fast moving leg, comming to you or away.. And since throws sometimes often involve legs they can and do get caught at head height.

you catch both my legs both your arms are occupied, and I am lying on my head with my fists free to do whatever I wish.
Even you have to admit your not going to get very far in that situation... No power behind your punches from that angle.

Then of course theres the upper body throws.. You swing with your fist, the wrestler ducks (definitly possible as thats the setup for 90 percent of shots, though its a fast reach not a fist.. he takes your momentum.. hips in.. and your flinging through 5 feet of air.. At that point you cant hit.. or at least not hard enough to make a difference.. your in the air).
Old 04-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #134
graywolf624
Regular User

How does me throwing an arm punch uppercut aid you in some takedown I dunno....
If Im in close you dont have an arm to hit with. ITs too late. Even Crokroc shows that pretty well.. Man isnt no fool.. he keeps his distance to mid to far. Tactical advantage swings to the wrestler the minute he actually has his hands on you. Your tactical advantage is to keep his hands off you. It really comes down to if you can knock him out before he gets ahold of you. At the MWA level its proven thats not what happens.
Old 04-09-2007, 05:58 PM   #135
SFDMALEX
Regular User

See this clip

This is a slowed down gif, on live TV everyone missed that punch.