1zippo1
Regular User

My god, you lucky m*****f*cker, you'll get to test drive the CGT. Amazing

Tell us all about it afterwards.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 03:36 PM   #77
st-anger
Regular User

imre, i`ve no infos on that, but i think 2004 is not likely...
but i´ll try to find out something about this.

well zippo, this is all i´ll say so far:
Porsche 911
st-anger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 09:38 AM   #78
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by 1zippo1
My god, you lucky m*****f*cker, you'll get to test drive the CGT. Amazing

Tell us all about it afterwards.
just checked my mailbox and what do i see.... a mail from "Porsche Leipzig special vehicles departement" (SF=Sonderfahrzeuge):

i`ve a confirmed date for a test drive with the CGT on 21st of october 13:00 - 17:30 pm...
that`s all....
so keep an eye on the "Porsche news" here on JW where i´ll post an exclusive report just for you guys here, on the 22nd or 23rd of oct.

:arrow: a big thx to julia todt, who`s in charge of the SF public relations. she made this possible for me....i simply love that girl...
Porsche 911
Old 09-15-2003, 10:10 AM   #79
TT
Regular User

Amazing dude!!!!!!!!!! You're lucky!!! Do you think you'll be able to take vids too?
Old 09-15-2003, 10:15 AM   #80
draak666
Regular User

Originally Posted by st-anger
i`ve a confirmed date for a test drive with the CGT on 21st of october 13:00 - 17:30 pm...
that`s all....
Damn, that's still 36 days of sleep.
draak666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 10:15 AM   #81
stradale
Regular User

I'm not much of a Porsche fan (although I greatly respect their abilities), but the CGT is one of the few I really like. Ever since I saw the prototype a few years ago I was very impressed. Also the mid-engine layout and a V10 instead of a flat six appealed to me.

So you get to drive it for two and a half hours?!? :shock: I'd be in heaven too. That is so cool... 8) Everyone on the planet is hoping to get a chance at driving it and you get to spend two and a half hours in it. Where can you drive it? Have they specially hired a track for the press where you can drive too or do they just give you the keys and show you the exit off the factory terrain?

I just saw it's not two and a half hours, but four and a half! Jeez, that's even better.
stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 12:05 PM   #82
Johns
Regular User

dammm thats sick, u get to drive the CGT. congrats, take pics/video if u can :shock:
Johns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 01:21 PM   #83
st-anger
Regular User

to answer some of your questions,
as you can read on site one of the "Porsche news" cameras and camcorders are prohibited due to the reason i`ve posted.
so this is not only for ppl who visit the factory grounds, even for me, who worked at Porsche, a rule is a rule, BUT i´m still negotiating with Porsche Leipzig to come to a good compromise for me and them.
so as you can imagine i`d cut off an arm to film the CGT racing around the track and take some pictures, which are unique, because the chance to get such a ride is nearly unique.

to stradale`s questions, i won`t have it for 4 1/2 hours and this event is not only for me there`ll be some other lucky bastards around.
and don`t you know Porsche Leipzig??? they`ve a test track right next to the factory, a off road for the Cayenne and a regular track for the CGT which is also manufactured in Leipzig.
they`d be kinda stupid to give anyone the key and let `em drive outside the factory grounds...i`d never be seen again....

maybe this helps:

http://www.porsche-leipzig.com/en/default.htm
Porsche 911
Old 09-15-2003, 01:29 PM   #84
st-anger
Regular User

- the fourth Porsche -

The so-called fourth Porsche now under study by the German luxury sports-car maker likely will be positioned well below the company’s current range, CEO Wendelin Wiedeking disclosed at the Frankfurt auto show last week.

“We are thinking about a fourth model range, and we have good ideas,” he said. “But if the car we have in mind comes to the market, we will have fewer friends than we have today,” he joked, a reference to the competition the car would pose to other automakers.

He would not disclose the proposed vehicle’s body style.
Industry sources have said that Porsche has been studying a four-passenger coupe, code-named E2A, and a four-door sedan, code-named E2B.
Wiedeking also said Porsche will increase production of the Cayenne SUV by an undisclosed amount next year in the face of higher-than-expected demand. The company has capacity to build 25,000 Cayennes a year at its plant in Leipzig, Germany, but sold 20,603 in its first eight months on the market.

“It seems that existing capacity is too low,” he said.

The size of the production increase will be announced at year end, Wiedeking said.
Unlike the 911 and Boxster, the Cayenne derives far less than half its worldwide sales from the U.S. market. Demand for the Cayenne has been high in the Mideast, Asia and Eastern Europe, Wiedeking said.
U.S. sales of the Cayenne through August totaled 7,514, according to the Automotive News Data Center.
The SUV, Porsche’s first, is priced at $56,665, including destination fees in the United States. A turbo model stickers for $89,665.
Porsche will introduce an entry-level Cayenne equipped with a
250- hp Volkswagen V-6 engine next year, but Wiedeking dismissed speculation that potential buyers would shun the model because it won’t have a Porsche powerplant.
Two 1970s-era Porsche models, the 914 and 924, were flops in large part because they were built around VW components and powerplants.

“We have spent heavily to improve the VW engine,” Wiedeking said. “It will sell. What is more important will be the price.”

Wiedeking said Porsche anticipates that the Cayenne V-6 buyer will trade up to the V-8 model or to the Turbo, as buyers of Boxsters tend to trade up to 911s.
Porsche 911
Old 09-15-2003, 02:43 PM   #85
stradale
Regular User

to stradale`s questions, i won`t have it for 4 1/2 hours and this event is not only for me there`ll be some other lucky bastards around.
and don`t you know Porsche Leipzig??? they`ve a test track right next to the factory, a off road for the Cayenne and a regular track for the CGT which is also manufactured in Leipzig.
they`d be kinda stupid to give anyone the key and let `em drive outside the factory grounds...i`d never be seen again....

maybe this helps:

http://www.porsche-leipzig.com/en/default.htm
Thanks for the info st-anger. I asked because it wasn't exactly clear to me how your day with the CGT was going to look like. As I mentioned I'm not really a Porsche fan, so this Leipzig business is new to me. Sorry about that. I imagine that the press is given the chance to drive it out in the open road too. Maybe not in october, but sooner or later that should happen, shouldn't it? I can understand Porsches point of view though. After a few hours all their CGTs would have vanished. All hiding out in garages of people like you
stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2003, 02:47 PM   #86
1zippo1
Regular User

Originally Posted by draak666
that`s all....
Damn, that's still 36 days of sleep.
I don't think I would sleep for the next 36 days if I were you. Too much anticipation

Thx for the info. So they Porsche will probably build a rival for the M3/S4... I'm very interested to see what they'll make of it. I hope everyone won't be too sceptic about it. After all it's not because it isn't a coupé that it isn't cool.
1zippo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 06:32 AM   #87
Chingachgook
Regular User

I've heard rumors about a 911 GTD... oh SHIT!
Old 09-16-2003, 10:22 AM   #88
st-anger
Regular User

Originally Posted by Chingachgook
I've heard rumors about a 911 GTD... oh SHIT!
yep i`ve heared that too some time ago, but this is completely nonsense.
the article everyone is referring to this topic is from the "spiggl".
http://www.spiggl.de/spiggl_porsche_gtd ( sorry it`s german )
this online "newspaper" is making fun of the original "Spiegel" http://www.spiegel.de/ a well known german newspaper.

i think we won´t see a 911 with a diesel engine in the near/far future...
Porsche 911
Old 09-16-2003, 12:29 PM   #89
AlienDB7
Regular User

This week's Auto Motor und Sport on DW-TV:

Fascination: 5 tuned sports cars at the high-speed track in Nardo
Report: Opel Eco Speedster
Drive Report: The SsangYong Rexton SUV
Fascination: Part Two - Nardo Speed and Performance Tests
Cult: An SLR made in Poland

At the famous Nardo test track in southern Italy 5 customised cars are pushed to their limit: the Audi TT bimotor from MTM – can 2 engines make 400 kmh?

The Brabus SV 12 – can it hit 330?
The Audi RS6 – can a family car go faster than 300 kmh?
How much performance can you get out of the Maserati Coupé from the tuning company Modena?
And can the favorite, the Porsche GT Street S from Techart, reach 350 kmh?

I think the next broadcast today should be in English.
AlienDB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 04:05 PM   #90
666fast
Regular User

I caught the last few minutes of that show last night Alien. Do you plan on capturing it? That would rule if you did.

Have you guys seen the 40th anniversary 911 yet?
All they added was a turbo exterior and 25bhp, but still pretty cool.

http://www.autoweek.com/cat_content...._code=08252508