Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > American Cars > American Cars Pictures and Videos

Old 03-06-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
enzoferrari
Regular User

Sorry but this car is a piece off trash,ugly,bad engineered,etc.
OkIt looks way better than the stupid Veyron,is faster,less expensive,the V8 sounds better,do you think that a bad engineered car will hit 256 mph, and thats without the stupid V16 with 4 turbos with a VW shape,and why are you hating,is a small company but look at the numbers 0-60 mph:2.78 seconds1/4 Mile:9.90 seconds at 144 mphTop Speed:257.41 MPH / Official Average: 256.15 MPHSkidpad:1.05 g0-100mph-0:11.6660mph-0 (braking):103 feet
PLUS+
Includes:Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Power Mirrors, Tilt-Steering, Cab-Controlled Front Air Lift
Video/DVD Screen, Automatic Back-Up Camera.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:02 PM   #2
pagani
Regular User

Cool

Originally Posted by enzoferrari View Post
OkIt looks way better than the stupid Veyron,is faster,less expensive,the V8 sounds better,do you think that a bad engineered car will hit 256 mph, and thats without the stupid V16 with 4 turbos with a VW shape,and why are you hating,is a small company but look at the numbers 0-60 mph:2.78 seconds1/4 Mile:9.90 seconds at 144 mphTop Speed:257.41 MPH / Official Average: 256.15 MPHSkidpad:1.05 g0-100mph-0:11.6660mph-0 (braking):103 feet
PLUS+
Includes:Air Conditioning, Power Windows, Power Mirrors, Tilt-Steering, Cab-Controlled Front Air Lift
Video/DVD Screen, Automatic Back-Up Camera.
This hardcore pure drivers car rc45's idea of a supercar.
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:49 PM   #3
79TA
Regular User

The drag coefficient is 0.357??? That seems really high when compared to many less sleek looking cars. Then again, I think many manufacturers nowadays aren't particularily honest about the CD as it's not something that is easily tested like 0-60 times.
79TA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 04:56 PM   #4
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by 79TA View Post
The drag coefficient is 0.357??? That seems really high when compared to many less sleek looking cars. Then again, I think many manufacturers nowadays aren't particularily honest about the CD as it's not something that is easily tested like 0-60 times.
The Veyron is .36 in "top speed mode" and .37 in normal configuration, and a mid .37 for High d/f mode.... just as a comparison...
Old 03-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #5
79TA
Regular User

It should be apparent that the SSC doesn't deserve the kitcar moniker. Save that sort of insult for the Factory Five GTM cars. I assume by bends you mean that it handles well. It weighs about 33% more than the SSC and I can assure you the SSC would run circles around a Veyron at any given track.

The Veyron does have more complex design as it was designed with a luxury aspect in mind. This is what sets the Veyron apart from other cars in my mind. You can go to 253 comfortably. That same speed can be neared or eclipsed by other cars but it's much more exciting (uncomfortable.) Being enthusiastic about the SSC does not mean disrespecting the Veyron. I see no problem in comparing the two cars. I still love the Veyron. I don't know why can't atleast respect the SSC for what it is.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #6
79TA
Regular User

^I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the koenigsegg engine is nothing more than something slightly custom out of the Dart engine block catalogue.

Anyway, I'm still waiting for you to explain and support your comments about the SSC.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:39 PM   #7
nthfinity
Regular User

^I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the koenigsegg engine is nothing more than something slightly custom out of the Dart engine block catalogue.
Oh, the engine is exotic componentry, all right.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:58 PM   #8
79TA
Regular User

Yes, one point of view, mine, has been backed up by some actual points. Another, that where the SSC is arbitrarily disprespected, is nothing more than an unbacked claim. Take your pick I guess.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:59 PM   #9
Carbodiox
Regular User

nthfinity sorry and no offence but if u think that all that u have mentioned amaricans did first for ex with mid engine car read more about history of motor (and european) engeneering
Old 03-06-2008, 07:08 PM   #10
79TA
Regular User

I know the Veyron's tires wouldn't last too long at 250 mph but is that really the reason they'd limit the speed? People at Bonneville can seem to find suitable tires. Then again, those are usually strictly for top speed runs.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:12 PM   #11
HeilSvenska
Regular User

I know the Veyron's tires wouldn't last too long at 250 mph but is that really the reason they'd limit the speed? People at Bonneville can seem to find suitable tires. Then again, those are usually strictly for top speed runs.
I don't see the point either. Then again, Veyron's Michelin PAXs are designed so that you could use them everyday then on that day you wanna go 250mph. Bugatti does recommend you to get a new set before you do 250mph, though. Recommend probably meaning that they'll void your warranty if you don't.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:47 PM   #12
nthfinity
Regular User

Originally Posted by HeilSvenska View Post
I don't see the point either. Then again, Veyron's Michelin PAXs are designed so that you could use them everyday then on that day you wanna go 250mph. Bugatti does recommend you to get a new set before you do 250mph, though. Recommend probably meaning that they'll void your warranty if you don't.
No, they only void the warranty on the tires if you do a standing start hard launch.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:51 PM   #13
HeilSvenska
Regular User

Originally Posted by nthfinity View Post
No, they only void the warranty on the tires if you do a standing start hard launch.
I meant the car itself. Then again, isn't the warranty void if you use the second key anyways? I think I heard something like that. Although... that doesn't sound right.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:50 AM   #14
pagani
Regular User

Question

I wonder how the tires will hold up on the scc ultimate aero tt on a top speed run?
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 09:03 AM   #15
leblanc2.0
Regular User

Default Some videos about veyron.

Top Gear videos,no links.

Top.Gear 2007 Bugatti Veyron top speed test
Top Gear race Plane Vs Bugatti Veyron

And some ppl says that cant be driven in public roads

Last edited by leblanc2.0; 03-07-2008 at 09:36 AM.
leblanc2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote