Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

Old 12-30-2003, 03:52 AM   #1
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

Default PORSCHE CARRERA GT

I read evo's article in issue 61 and enjoyed seeing the best cars in the world being compared. I was also extremely happy to see that in the lastest issue they have put the Carrera GT as their top pick on the supercars section. I think that the Carrera GT looks amazing, ten times better than the enzo, even though it is not as powerful. I did understand that there was some speculation about the handling...Porsche would not let anyone out on a track with the GT, according to JC in TopGear magazine. Anyways I'm a huge Porsche fan and I wanted to get some of yall's opinions on how it compares with the enzo, mclaren and konigsegg.
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:05 AM   #2
levensnevel
Regular User

I wonder why Jazza wasn't allowed on the track
2 be quite frank I haven't got a clue how the CGT compares to the Enzo - Macca - Koenigsegg as I haven't driven in any of these four cars. I value Alain de Cadenet very highly and he's quite fond of the CGT so she must be OK.
I do favour the Enzo though when it comes to supercars which are still in production.

Niets of niemand zegt dat het echt moet
En toch, of juist daarom,wil je het beleven....

Weblog
levensnevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 04:11 AM   #3
yg60m
Regular User

Agree with you, it looks much much better than the Enzo and it seems that it sounds better too. Moreover it is cheaper, better build (every magazine is agree on that) and had a better engineering (look at the rear carbon structure compare to the aluminium/carbon of the Enzo). However, the Enzo performs better and is always a dream var but I think I would take the CGT ... if I had the choice. :cry:
Old 12-30-2003, 05:17 AM   #4
Fleischmann
Regular User

If anybody out of u watched the Top Gear review of the MacLaren-Mercedes SLR, you'd hear Clarksons opinion on the Carrera GT. He found absolutely no flaw in the car and as we all know he can make a great fuss about the smallest thing. The Porsche is stunning to behold, maybe not as powerful as it's rivals but it cerainly has the potential. Anyway the 605bhp engine isn't exactly going to make it slow.[/img]
Old 12-31-2003, 03:06 AM   #5
Ivanhoe
Regular User

yg60m, i think the cgt is performs better... plz ppl correct me if im wrong (sorry tt if this will start a flame war)
Old 12-31-2003, 03:49 AM   #6
HoboPie
Regular User

At the Ring it is quite likely the CGT will be faster, at other tracks that the CGT was not almost exclusively developed at the Enzo may be a little quicker.
Old 12-31-2003, 04:28 AM   #7
DMbaseball1604
Regular User

After seeing my first enzo driving down the north Dallas tollway, the other day, I was thinking about it and the build and purpose and such. And in my opninion it seems that the Enzo really shouldnt even be placed in the same class as the Carrera GT because after seeing the pictures of the inside of an Enzo then seeing the inside of a Carrera GT both companies goals are different. It seems that Porsche is trying to combine every day usability into a car with great numbers and performance where as Ferrari is just making a race car that is road legal. I would however possibly place the Enzo in the same class as the GT1 if I were to compare a Porsche and a Ferrari. I also think that the Koenigsegg belongs in the same class along with the CGT because of the civlilized interior and the usability that comes with it. I'm not saying one is better or one is worse I'm just saying that they could possibly be in different classes.
DMbaseball1604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 04:30 AM   #8
Donny

Awesome car.....a rolling coffin

Giant terrago
Donny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2003, 10:47 AM   #9
Chingachgook
Regular User

Impressive car, i love it, but being Ferrari Fan I'd go for the Enzo.
Compared to the Pagani and the Koenigsegg I think the CGT is better, it's a supercar built in another era, like EVO said for the Koenigsegg and C12S compared to the Enzo
Old 12-31-2003, 11:09 AM   #10
aawil
Regular User

What the enzo needs is the CGT's engine note.It's gotta be the coolest sounding engine I've ever heard.I love ferrari's to death but I'm quite facinated by the sounds the Carrera GT makes.
aawil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 05:46 AM   #11
Chingachgook
Regular User

IMO the CGT sound is not as thrilling as the Enzo's. It's too artificial,can't explain, but I prefere the Enzo. I love the Carbon fibre chassis, the manual gearbox of the Carrera, but the Enzo reminds me of a F1 on the road, and in my eyes is biult with more Latin Passion
Old 01-02-2004, 12:50 AM   #12
Ivanhoe
Regular User

AHHHH i thought i had won w/ my "cgt has a better exhaust note" arguement. damnit, you ferrari lovers always find a way....
Old 01-02-2004, 01:03 AM   #13
snacky
Regular User

Gimme a good running 956/962 and for 1/2 the price I'd smoke the CGT! hahahahahahahahahahaahhahahaha!!!
Old 01-02-2004, 01:08 AM   #14
jpatino03
Regular User

Not on the street you won't. The street 962's are probably twice (or more) the price of a CGT. I'm not even going to get into the Dauer.

Phil Hill, Kappa Sigma for life.
jpatino03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2004, 01:17 AM   #15
snacky
Regular User

I was looking at the 2nd hand 962 market, they run a range about $350K, less than the CGT !!! ya too bad they're not US street legal. bummer :cry: