Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > Automotive Brands Forum > Car Chat

View Poll Results: Which one is the better car?
Ferrari 430 Scuderia 46 66.67%
Porsche 911 GT2 23 33.33%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-03-2007, 03:30 AM   #16
RAMMIUS
Regular User

The Porsche GT2 will be always the winner.

To put people in the graves , yeah, they don`t call it the widow maker for nothing
Old 10-04-2007, 01:02 AM   #17
Schwalbe

Originally Posted by RAMMIUS
The Porsche GT2 will be always the winner.

To put people in the graves , yeah, they don`t call it the widow maker for nothing
At least those RIP Porsche fans of the 80' era had pushed to the limit their cars on roads and race tracks. It's all the opposite philosophy of an Ferrari owner which only drive their cars at 30 MPH on Rodeo Drive to show off or go only at show car exposures.
Schwalbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 02:38 AM   #18
bmagni
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Originally Posted by RAMMIUS
The porker hands down I wonder how fast the new Scud can lap the Nordschleiffe... and I'm pretty sure it's not as fast as the GT2 8)

Nice comparisson nonetheless! thanks for posting!
Hey, I don`t know who the fuck are you, but tell me quickly where is dani and what have you done with him
LOL!

I'm sorry... but I don't like Ferraris these days as I used to. I love the oldies, I love the F355 and the Maranello... but the current lineup, especially the F430, is quite more uglier than those I've mentioned.

The GT2 is just a better package

BTW, if the poll had included the Stradale instead of the Scuderia, I'd have voted for the italian. It's just that the F430 doesn't do it for me :bah:
aww c'mon at least they change the looks, the porsche is the same thing, its boring...
bmagni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:55 AM   #19
bmwmpower
Regular User

well ferrari for me, porsche 911 is always the same
bmwmpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 06:09 AM   #20
Svensson
Regular User

This is not an easy choice, but in the end I would have to go with the 430 Scuderia.

Here's the strange thing: I'm a real Porsche guy and a huge fan of the 997 GT3, which is a car I would pick over an F430 anyday, but seeing the GT2 roadtest vids, I just don't get that same spark and emotion I got when seeing the GT3 in action. I'm sure the GT2 is a lot faster in a straight line and on track, but to me the way it does it is a bit too clinical. IMO a lot of that is due to it being turbocharged. Gone is that frantic GT3 scream, gone is the sky high 8400rpm redline. Instead the GT2 gives you a lot bigger, but also more "muted" push in the back. That's not the way I like it.

The 430 Scuderia on the other hand is all about emotion and driving sensation. Yes, it's not the most beautiful Ferrari and it may be looked upon as a poser's car, but the Scuderia ticks all the right boxes. The interior looks so much more racey, the engine is naturally aspirated and produces an awesome, loud scream; the gearbox... Wow!! :shock: I'm absolutely no fan of flappy pedal gearboxes, but this one is just incredible!! As Chris Harris said in his review, it's almost like a sequential dog-box, engaging the gears almost instantly.

All in all I think I would get such a bigger thrill from driving the 430 Scuderia compared to the GT2. I do think the GT2 is better to live with everyday, because it's a lot quieter and more torquey from lower revs, but as far as pure driving emotion and satisfaction is concerned, the Scuderia is the clear winner to me.
Old 10-04-2007, 06:37 AM   #21
novass
Regular User

Honestly, neither LOL I would rather have a 997 GT3 or GT3RS.

Anyway, I voted for the 430 in this case, but only by a slim margin.

"Live as if your were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
-Mahatma Gandhi
novass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 07:27 AM   #22
dons5
Regular User

I would take the Ferrari. First the sound, 2nd im sure the driving dynamics and feel feels more involving and special then the GT2, (even though GT2 is probably faster and has more overall grip).

2nd the GT2's looks, it just looks like a $50,000 carrera that has been tuned up, lowered, body kit etc. It doesnt have an exotic/ dream car look that the Ferrari does (Only porsche that does is the Carrera GT). Of course if I saw an actual GT2 on the road it would look big and mean and all that but just wont look like a special dream car that kids would have as a poster or anything like that.

The Ferrari just seems more special, more of a true passionate mans car, where ass the GT2 is more of a beast.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:58 PM   #23
martin100
Regular User

It´s the Ferrari for me, though i adore the GT2 aswell... Hard decision
martin100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 05:31 PM   #24
wasaabi92
Regular User

I won't deny that the Scud is an absolutly astonishing car ... but the problem is that it's missing my two favorite attributes about performace cars.

1) A manual gearbox
2) A (couple of) turbocharger(s)

The GT2 has both of them. The Beetle gets my vote!
wasaabi92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2007, 06:11 PM   #25
chest3r
Regular User

Originally Posted by dons5
The Ferrari just seems more special, more of a true passionate mans car, where ass the GT2 is more of a beast.
Sorry, but the "average F430 driver" is not really "passionate" about it... more like a poser who likes to cruise around Monaco with a hot blonde in the passenger seat.
That might be true, but it doesn't make it a worse car than the GT2. And that happens because Ferrari has built a reputation of beeing the best sports cars manufacturer in the world, so everybody wants on!

Originally Posted by Svensson
Here's the strange thing: I'm a real Porsche guy and a huge fan of the 997 GT3, which is a car I would pick over an F430 anyday, but seeing the GT2 roadtest vids, I just don't get that same spark and emotion I got when seeing the GT3 in action. I'm sure the GT2 is a lot faster in a straight line and on track, but to me the way it does it is a bit too clinical. IMO a lot of that is due to it being turbocharged. Gone is that frantic GT3 scream, gone is the sky high 8400rpm redline. Instead the GT2 gives you a lot bigger, but also more "muted" push in the back. That's not the way I like it.
That's why I always say: Turbo sucks!!!
Old 10-12-2007, 04:26 PM   #26
Svensson
Regular User

^ Yeah that's the cool thing... 997 GT2 being faster around the Ring than the Carrera GT, 430 Scuderia faster around Fiorano than the Enzo... Where is this going!
Old 10-13-2007, 09:07 AM   #27
chest3r
Regular User

Originally Posted by Svensson
^ Yeah that's the cool thing... 997 GT2 being faster around the Ring than the Carrera GT, 430 Scuderia faster around Fiorano than the Enzo... Where is this going!
Something really hard to believe!! :shock: Specially for the GT2 vs CGT. Not bad for a car with the engine in the wrong place and much less power. As for the Scuderia, would it be faster than the Enzo if the track was bigger ??

Anyway, it's incredible... not many years have passed!
Old 10-13-2007, 11:41 AM   #28
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by everso
GT2, definitely. Porsche is still king.......
Porsche rules.
I wonder wath the tuners will do with the gt2.
8)
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 07:22 AM   #29
pagani
Regular User

Originally Posted by chest3r
I would choose the Scuderia without even blink. It's the best car on sale, for me ! 8)

One thing I can't understand is how a car with the engine in the wrong place ( and a type of engine not many facturers use ) can be such a good sports car ( in all the versions) and, as some say, be even better than a car with the engine in the "right position" and lots of F1 technology!!!
Than again f1 technology is not everything.
I all ways take porsche over a ferrari.
And i wonder how fast the new corvette ss will be round the ring?
8)
pagani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 04:17 AM   #30
dons5
Regular User

Originally Posted by dons5
Sorry, but the "average F430 driver" is not really "passionate" about it... more like a poser who likes to cruise around Monaco with a hot blonde in the passenger seat. Meanwhile, the GT2 will be driven at the Nordschleiffe by a "passionate" driver, since most of them are bought just for that - track use
Just because a car is "more of a true passionate mans car" doesnt nessisarilly mean that the people that happen to buy the car are, instead the car was intended for those types of people.