Go Back   Sports Car Forum - MotorWorld.net > General Discussion > What You Saw Today

What You Saw Today Got a camera or camcorder ?? Why not put it to good use and show us what you have captured with it today !!!

Old 07-03-2005, 07:25 AM   #1
TT
Regular User

Default Jul 3, Ferrari meeting: F40, Enzo, 430, Daytona, Barchetta..

Yesterday I decided to go mad, woke up at 3:30 am and drove 350 km to witness a dealership's "Ferrari days". Organized by Loris Kessel garage, not a real and BIG Ferrari days event, but well worth my time! The meeting was between 8 and 9 am at the garage and then they had to drive through the Alps, then today they will have more action before coming back home. I had not enough time to follow them, so I only was at the starting point and then came back home.
Sadly for the first pictures, there was that weird early morning light and not a single preset white balance adjustment, nor a manual one could really fix the weird colors problem. PS helped a bit, but only a bit. I hope you will still enjoy the pics! Here they are:

Click any preview image to find the whole 94 high-res pics update!

Black on black 355.. perfect?

No, this better IMO: matte black!!!!!!

And a rare rosso Fiorano one

Just a couple of 360, I didn't even shoot them all

A 430 Spider which had some loud exhaust and friendly owner

And another, followed by other generations

in black?

Or grey.. but in this picture, do you see something special hidden inside?

A couple of TR, the usual red and a yellow ne

Very sweet Barchetta

and VERY sweet Daytona

And finally a proper picture of that Enzo! I already got pics in the past from outside and was never allowed inside, but yesterday it was possible

Clay Regazzoni's F40: he had an accident and is on a rolling chair now, but modified this F40 (and a Daytona too afaik), to be able to drive it anyway! Big respect!

Clay's and another F40

There was also a third red F40, but this is nice for a change I think

And another original color: silver Testarossa
Old 07-03-2005, 07:36 AM   #2
dingo
Regular User

Definately well worth your time by the looks of it!!! :shock:

The 2 black F355's are gorgeous , and it seems the F430's are already all over the place (not a bad thing, really).

Whats with the MC12? Are my eyes deceiving me or is it not in the best condition currently? Any pics?

Thanks alot, these Swiss Ferrari meetings are always something special!!
Old 07-03-2005, 07:41 AM   #3
davide
Regular User

argh... sooo many cars!
Big repsect to Clay that is in a wheelchair but still drives...

beautiful pictures!
Old 07-03-2005, 08:13 AM   #4
No.1
Regular User

Amazing dedication TT, thanks a lot 8)

As dingo has already said, those 355s are sooooooo nice

And indeed the 360s are looking slightly dated now. The 355 has a much better design, but noe the 430 is out, the 360 just looks like a stop-gap in the designers portfolios

So may 430s.... i've seen only one so far, and no spiders ops: The CS BBS rims look pretty nice on the car too

I love the Daytona, and the F40s are looking a bit common there

A great day out i guess, and a great set of pictures to show for your hard work 8)
Old 07-03-2005, 11:04 AM   #5
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by dingo
Whats with the MC12? Are my eyes deceiving me or is it not in the best condition currently? Any pics?
No idea why it was lifted actually, maybe just a regular check, but what really makes it special is that is it a blue one! And there should be just a couple of blue ones around

Beeing placed like that, you can guess there was just an angle possible and not the best pic in this world. It wasn't added with all the others because probably the organizers will see my pics and I doubt I was allowed to shoot the MC12 so it is sitting in the upload queue with all the other pics
Old 07-03-2005, 11:26 AM   #6
blah
Regular User

Ok TT where is the lambo? There is always a lambo that shows up to ferrari events no matter where to start shit.
Old 07-03-2005, 11:35 AM   #7
Wutputt
Regular User

Wow, a very nice amount of Ferrari's and even greater pics I love the pics with the many Ferrari's in one row. There seemed to be quite a lot of F40's. Those black f355's look just gorgeous as does the 365 Daytona.

Btw Loris Kessel, doesn't he or his company own quite a lot of Ferrari F1 cars?
Wutputt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 11:46 AM   #8
TT
Regular User

blah, actually I never saw a Lambo at a Ferrari meeting so far

Originally Posted by Wutputt
Wow, a very nice amount of Ferrari's and even greater pics I love the pics with the many Ferrari's in one row. There seemed to be quite a lot of F40's. Those black f355's look just gorgeous as does the 365 Daytona.

Btw Loris Kessel, doesn't he or his company own quite a lot of Ferrari F1 cars?
Uhm, afaik yes, and their team runs several 360 in several racing series. Afaik, in Lenzerheide where they were today, there were old and new F1 and various racing cars on display and lapping a little circuit too
Old 07-03-2005, 05:39 PM   #9
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by dani_d_mas
Now, when someone asks me what's my favourite car... my answer will be "a matt black F355 Challenge spotted by a swiss guy"... it's just peeerfect! :shock: :shock:

The Daytona also looks great, and the pic is just perfect! And the yellow F40... another great sight. BTW, do you know how many non-red F40 were made?

And about Clay Regazzoni, I saw a video of him driving a 250 GT SWB... was it prepared for disabled people as well? may be it was recorded before the accident...
Indeed, I was wondering too about the non-red F40s. for sure there are a few since the production was quite important.. but still, on the net I didn't really see tons of them.. a couple of yellow and black ones.. the crazy blue one... I doubt there are realiable stats since ppl could have painted them "privately".

As for the 250GT, no idea really :bah:
Old 07-03-2005, 07:07 PM   #10
chest3r
Regular User

Don't know why but I don't like those black wheels on the first 355. The black mate 355 Challenge looks much much better. And what about the sound ?? It should be amazing

I don't like that yellow F40. A white one with black wheels would look much better

And I loved that pic with two F40 and the 355challenge and the 456GT between them

BTW: The 360CS wheels are made by BBS ??? They're very similar to the BBS models....
Old 07-03-2005, 09:47 PM   #11
nurbrun
Regular User

Yes that matte black 355 is a perfect car. if it had black rims i wouldnt be able to think straight :shock:
Old 07-04-2005, 04:26 AM   #12
TT
Regular User

Originally Posted by chest3r
Don't know why but I don't like those black wheels on the first 355. The black mate 355 Challenge looks much much better. And what about the sound ?? It should be amazing

I don't like that yellow F40. A white one with black wheels would look much better

And I loved that pic with two F40 and the 355challenge and the 456GT between them

BTW: The 360CS wheels are made by BBS ??? They're very similar to the BBS models....
As for the soundtrack of the Challenge, actually not really loud... compared to the various 430 it's actually quite calm at low to mid revs..
Old 07-04-2005, 04:32 AM   #13
ARMAN
Regular User

Thank you TT for taking your time and taking those pics of 355 and F40 especially

.................................................. .............................
"...free your mind and the body will follow..." - THE MATRIX
ARMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 02:24 PM   #14
Stikz
Regular User

OMG, how sick is that 355??!?!?!?! Amazing pics as usual TT. Thanks.
Stikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:07 PM   #15
Toronto
Regular User

amazing set of pics TT
i just love this one
http://www.swisscarsightings.com/fer...0430%20772.jpg
mag worthy IMO